Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Just in case anyone else has been avoiding it like I have, guppy's hairball now actually counts towards becoming guppy, so I guess there's SOME use for it now

Edit: nevermind I made a mistake

DOPE FIEND KILLA G fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Jeez how rare is the small rock now? Haven't gotten it a single time yet.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Finally decided to switch to controller for better control of isaac and it's mostly been going really well. Except earlier today when I finally got the legendary poly brim on my blue baby run and thought I was set, then later in the womb I get my shoulder buttons mixed up and high priestess myself to death :/ At least I killed the boss rush though

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

zolthorg posted:

Yeah. Whatever happened to the tutorial room showing you which button does which item?

Lol dog I know the game tells you that poo poo it's just a little bit disorienting after years of playing on keyboard

In other news cursed eye is actually a really good item (as long as you don't get hit)

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Is anyone else having their game crash whenever they enter the hole in the wall after It Lives? :(

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

did exp treatment get any sort of buff or is it still garbage?

could just be my luck but so far in my playing it seems to be working better

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Bob's brain is a good item. One of the best

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I believe a speedrunner tactic is to specifically avoid unlocking lovely items as long as you can.

To circumvent this speed runners are required to use a RPG save file lol. especially important when it comes to things like races.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

drat was the 28th the first time the new expansion was announced? really wasn't expecting another one, and i probably haven't played in over a year, but god drat if i'm not excited to jump back in

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

Anyone know how to get the item in the trapdoor room that is completely enclosed by walls? Bombs didn't do it neither did flying.

Rooms like this

maybe if you had the pickaxe? idk

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

curse of the tower is a little better now after all. curse of the tower + sad bombs + ipecac though...now thats rough. did not complete that run

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

its her most predictable attack but my dumb rear end still keeps getting hosed up by mother’s off screen rush attack lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

looks like the problem with XL floors on the ascend should be fixed now

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

does anyone know if the baby plum trick works on other instances of that encounter, ie can I get the flute to drop during the boss rush?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

drat i've been using platinum god for years and had no idea it had all those useful search tags. i would usually find an unknown item by searching for its item pool but this works better

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

can you still use co-op babies to cheat at those challenges?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Color Printer posted:

just learned about the synergies between both dr. fetus + tractor beam and dr. fetus + varicose veins in the same run

i use the word "synergies" very loosely there. you might think tractor beam is good but sometimes while moving sideways the bomb just whips back towards isaac for reasons i'm not quite sure of (edit: the wiki says it's because of changing directions. i did not change the direction of the beam, i just moved, so what the gently caress i may have done this, doesn't matter, combination bad, do not take)

oh yeah, i've found out now on a number of runs that should have been broken auto-wins that tractor beam is a no-go

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

NEVER take that poo poo with ipecac my word

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Color Printer posted:

Hell you know what I think this run can even take on Hush, let's loving gooooOH MY GOD IT'S NOT CHARGED WHAT HAVE I DONE

edit: good news, my battery buddy dropped a mega battery in the fight. bad news: i did not have enough health lmfao gently caress

i do this poo poo 90% of the time on greed mode lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

it is very annoying that summoning the angel bosses in the sacrifice room leaves the door open -_-

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i have to say, having messed around with J&E a bit but not too much, I don't think they're that awful in most situations but I really can't comprehend how any of the bullet hell bosses would be possible with that movement style

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

forgotten is a really fun character. i probably play him the most at this point

i like how he kind of breaks the mom chase but not as badly as azazel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

tainted forgotten is cool but could benefit from maybe just a little more item interaction. also i would appreciate if we could drop the skull in place instead of only being able to throw it