Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Bandcamp just pinged me, the full soundtrack's been released and is available to download if you pre-ordered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hooooly poo poo this soundtrack. :circlefap:

Edit: I just got to the Womb track. :barf:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 4, 2014

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I listened to the entire soundtrack last night, and I actually prefer it to the original.

I have a Razer keyboard so hopefully the lockup bug won't affect me. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work for the next nine hours. :shepicide:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

Do not pick up ring worm.

Care to elaborate?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

13/f/cali posted:

This game is hilarious and amazing.

I am so excited to discover more.

:eyepop:

Brimstone may be the best item in the game now. It's gone from being a good item with a fun playstyle change, to a force multiplier for any other shot upgrades you pick up.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

What's up with this thing sometimes (often) not taking keyboard input and starting up again immediately after I close it?

Do you have a Logitech G110? There seems to be a known bug with that keyboard.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

To offer a different perspective, I was never really into the music of the original but I loving love this OST. Especially the tracks with lots of harsh noise like the Mom's heart music.

This. The music is great, although the squishing noises in the Womb track make me feel ill. :gonk:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm hoping that there's an inverted-palette filter. :pcgaming:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just a warning, the Broken Watch can also speed up rooms. I found this out fighting Mom's Heart. :stonk:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Womb rocks nearly killed my Samson run where I had Leo. Those creep patches are a massive dick move.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Has anyone come across Soy Milk+IPECAC? Is it as hilariously powerful as I'm imagining?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hive Mind + Decayed Baby + IPECAC got me an easy heart kill as ???. Every now and then the little squirt would barf out a giant blue fly that hit for about a third to half of a boss' health bar. Lil' Haunt fearing everything was just gravy.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I just watched the Northernlion run where he got Ipecac + Sad Bombs + Bob's Brain + Rubber Cement.

:laffo:

Every time the brain hit something it exploded into eight giant ipecac shots that bounced off the walls and exploded in his face.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The worm trinkets (except wub wub, flat and whip worm) are great with Brimstone, since they give it a wider area of effect. Hook worm gives you a square wave beam, wiggle worm gives you a sine wave beam. I've yet to see if round worm gives you a corkscrew beam.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

LaughMyselfTo posted:

"The Shart" sounds more like a boss name.

Future undead Dingle boss?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Don't suppose there's a way to get a 100% save file that works with the latest patch? I am done with the Lost's bullshit.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

LaughMyselfTo posted:

"Dealing with bullshit to complete a goal" is otherwise known as "achieving things".

That's great and all, but it doesn't answer my question. :v:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

CJacobs posted:

You could just use cheat engine. There's a BOI Rebirth cheat engine suite on the CE forums that works with the latest patch, all you gotta do is google it. Then you can infinite health your way through it without messing up any of your other progress or whathaveyou.

Cool, I may try that. Does it flag your game as modded while in use?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little bad for cheating my way through The Lost, but gently caress doing it normally. I play this game to break it over my knee and make new and fascinating item combinations. I don't play it to beat my head against a brick wall for hundreds of runs in a row.

:byewhore:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I took the Cheat Engine route. I don't regret it.

It's also handy for playing around and creating absolutely insane item combos. Tammy+Brimstone is already great. Adding Mutant Spider, Spoon Bender and Tiny Planet lets you clear even 2x2 rooms in a single charge.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I Cheat Engined my way through The Lost, and I will probably do the same for his Afterbirth unlocks. To each his own, I suppose.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

After several dozen resets, I can safely conclude that the Greed Mode shop no longer spawns a blood donation machine.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Epic Fetus + Monstro's Lung + Inner Eye/Mutant Spider is goddamn hilarious. You fire a swirling bundle of 3-5 crosshairs that each drops as many bombs as your multishot modifier. It's like a portable artillery barrage.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Decided to install Antibirth after finding out that the installation creates a standalone folder instead of overwriting the base game.

Holy poo poo, this is like night and day. :holy:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I tried but I couldn't get antibirth to work, it always crashes. :(

Try doing a clean install of Rebirth, and make sure you untick Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ in your DLC list before running the installation. Once it's installed you can enable them again. The installer works by cloning and patching the game folder, so any DLC files will break it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Antibirth has a devblog now.

Highlights include:

-First major patch should drop by the end of the week.

-Looking at implementing an auto-updater.

-More enemies/bosses/items planned.

-Afterbirth+ support is still on the cards.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Had a near perfect Antibirth run, turns out Polyphemus, Soy Milk, the Brain Worm trinket and a bunch of tear ups is a pretty ridiculous combination.

Managed to get the Witness down to his second phase, probably would have won the DPS race had I not blown my soul hearts on stupid environmental hazards.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

According to the wiki:

-Big Horn no longer has damage scaling (armor). If you stun him with a bomb, he still takes 20% more damage.
-Fixed the bug with The Ludovico Technique and Explosivo synergy where it wouldn't properly explode on enemies.
-Satanic Bible now correctly contributes towards the Bookworm transformation.
-The Dead Eye multiplier now properly increments on poop and TNT barrels.
-Fixed the bug where if you saved and quit with the Duct Tape trinket, orbitals would not return to their proper position.
-Fixed the bug where if you save, quit, and continue in the middle of clearing a Challenge Room, the game would crash and/or the save file would get corrupted.
-Fixed the bug where on the Delirium fight, Gate would always spawns outside of the room.

Glad I didn't run into that one :stare:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

New patch appears to have a lot more good fixes than what I listed previously. In particular Rag Man and Sisters Vis got their health nerfed significantly, and an almost unavoidable damage room in the Caves got nerfed into the ground:

Also introduced a fun bug where having two Steam Sales will make devil deals free. I hope it's actually intentional.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...what the gently caress, that dude's a goon

Answered your own question right there :v:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Spergatory posted:

First thing I'm doing with Repentance is modding antibirth music back in.

Pretty sure Mudeth has said he's expanding the Antibirth soundtrack to cover every single track in the final game, and adding it as a workshop mod.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hurry up and release Repentance so I have a reason to listen to Mudeth's finished soundtrack play this game again :argh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That final Tech X/Sprinkler combo on the ??? fight was glorious.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm so far behind at this point that I'm tempted to SAM the achievements for characters that I just don't find fun to play.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

You can turn both of them into The Lost if you want to.

Forgotten vs the Super Secret Boss was so fun. Just a hard counter to its bullshit. So satisfying to crush.

Tainted Forgotten is even more of a hard counter if you can get that far. Just lob your skeleton into his hitbox and start mashing attack while dodging.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The changes to Satanic Bible are nuts. Any floor you use it on causes the boss item to become a devil deal, and taking it doesn't impact your angel room chances.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I had an amazing Tainted Forgotten going run on the Mother path, only for the red door to spawn on the north wall. I forgot that throwing your skeleton over a trapdoor counts as entering it :shepicide:

Ended up getting Hush and Delirium out of the way instead.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 9, 2021

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Does Dull Razor work with Cambion Conception? Because that seems like it could be pretty busted if you get the Schoolbag on Lilith.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

Mudeth's still working on expanding the soundtrack to cover all the areas he missed, by the way - he started a thread this month with snippets:

https://twitter.com/htedum/status/1379479394293477389

I'm listening to these as I was writing this post and good lord this Dank Depths song, holy poo poo

That is some meaty bass, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

The second is if you're going to do the ascent to unlock one of the tainted characters DO NOT PICK UP PILL BAGGIE. I don't know if this is a bug or not but I guess the cracked red key counts as a card/rune and will automatically turn into a pill on the way back up

Does this happen the other way around with Starter Deck?