Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Has anyone figured out what the Contract from Below does? The description suggests something to do with money, but I can't work it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I want to like Azazel, I really do, but ugh, that attack noise is grating as hell.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

I had a crazy run after I posted that with Cain and unlocked Azazel - what's his deal? Flies and has laser breath?

He also starts with evil hearts instead of normal hearts, which damage the whole room when depleted.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Somehow Cain of all characters is proving the hardest for me to unlock. Just need him and Judas, although Judas doesn't tell you how to get him. And ??? but I don't even know if he's still in the game to be honest.

Judas's unlock has been changed to beating Satan, thanks to Eden's unlock condition.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Read posted:

Except I've been to a floor past Sheol? Perhaps it's an alternate route and not actually "past" it, I got there through a teleport from something. Can't recall what. Place was called Dark Room and was hard as gently caress for my weak rear end Maggy run at the time.

That's the new Rebirth area unlocked as the Sheol version of the Chest. Dunno how you actually unlock it properly, though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

So, checked out the "When Life Gives You Lemons" challenge. Christ, Lemon Mishap is powerful now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

So, I just cleared the Beans! challenge (which is just horribly sadistic).

The unlock is the goddamn Burnt Penny.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Lets Pickle posted:

I don't remember what it's called but I'm pretty sure I have gotten the curse that turns your map into a question mark.

It's Curse of the Lost now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

larchesdanrew posted:

Can someone explain Lazarus to me? What's his gimmick? He just seems to be Isaac with an extra life and some sort of one time use consumable?

When he dies he gets the Anemia item, which gives him a toxic blood trail when he's hit.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Cheekio posted:

Quick questions: How do I get to the boss rush? I'm pretty well trapped after fighting Mom.

Beat her in 20 minutes or less.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The coat hanger being an unlockable now is possibly the cruelest joke this game has played.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Ferroque posted:

Why did he do this. Why.

Well, he did warn us.

quote:

oh also if next monday you just see a post with a picture of a real afterbirth, then you know Danielle and i had our baby ;)

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Holy christ, Ultra Greed is a nightmare if you don't have high damage. Didn't even get him down to half his health before he stomped me.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Ok, now that's just cruel.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Some of these new challenges are absurd. I have no idea how you're supposed to beat The Guardian without some absolutely amazing luck with room setups.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Beat The Guardian and unlocked the Blank Rune. That challenge is an absolute nightmare. Got lucky and found a free Polyphemus in the depths, so I didn't have to take a ton of unavoidable damage from Mom.

Dunno what the item actually does, though, cause I haven't found it yet.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

The Guardian challenge is hilarious, what's the name of the sword item?

I'm not sure if the sword itself is an item or unique to that challenge, but there's an almost identical weapon called the Spear of Destiny. It's unlocked from the start.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

...So Lilith is kinda ridiculous, huh?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I am never doing that again. And I don't even want to begin to think about fighting Hush with The Lost.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

How did you pull that off?

Kept restarting until I got Epic Fetus, then abused the Restock machine for all it was worth. Didn't stop some stupid deaths to things popping right up under me, though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

RatHat posted:

Does Lilith's use item stack with itself? So one use you'd have 2x familiars, second use you'd have 4x, 8x, ect.? If so that sounds like a good way to crash the game combined with item martyr.

Yes, but not quite in the way you're envisioning. Each use of it gives you one of each familiar type you currently have, so if you currently have, say 2x Incubi and 2x Lil Brimstones, on the next use, you'll have 3 of each.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

It's a shame that Mongo Baby doesn't copy Incubus, because I could see that being hilarious. Ever so slightly broken, but hilarious.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

If some of the content is locked behind automated downloads, as dataminers suspect it to be, I sure hope they've got better security than the SMB custom level database had.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Basically, the datamining right now is in kind of an odd place. There's definitely more items in the game, and they're fully coded and functional, but there's no collectible icons (the icons that appear on pedestals), or any animation data (bar one), that can be found in the afterbirth.a archive.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Interesting. Since I started a new save file, I don't have any challenges completed (and thus no runes unlocked). I expected the rune bag to do absolutely nothing as per Binding of Isaac tradition of the laziest solution being the chosen one, but actually they thought of that and it drops cards instead.

edit: Also, I was looking at a thread on the binding of isaac reddit and glanced at the sister site list so I could go to the modding site and

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

I suspect that's because of a different piece of laziness: Runes are considered cards.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Did the patch deal with greeds super high health? I still have a few people I need to kill him with.

Well, it's kinda hard to tell, since you can't actually play Greed mode.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Apparently the Greed mode bug is only in release, so I guess they don't test their release builds for some reason?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

I literally don't even know what this pill does

Makes you take one heart of damage from any hits in the current room.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Anatharon posted:

So I did all 4 steps to get The Lost but it didn't unlock. Are seeds not allowed anymore...? :confused:

At this point I'll just use a cheat too, anyone know of anything that works for Afterbirth?

It's got a new unlock method. You have to die in a sacrifice room with the Missing Poster now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

graynull posted:

Angel room spawns replace devil rooms, right? So I have to continue to earn devil rooms (not take red heart damage) on floors after my initial devil deal in order for angel rooms to have a chance to replace the devil room?

Yep.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

13/f/cali posted:

My only guess at this point is I got them all before the patch that fixed the achievement and it somehow did not retroactively give it to me.

Yeah, if you met the requirements before the patch came out, you can't currently get 1001%.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

What did they do to it? I mentioned finding one a bit back on Az and it seemed weak on top of being hard to pair with his power.

This was way back, on WotL launch. It either inherited attack power, or had an attack power that wasn't trash, but either way, it was a constant beam doing way more damage than it should have.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Does Isaac have a little santa hat?

Yes.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Vegastar posted:

I took the obvious one and rolled the other for amazing results. Did you roll both?

Rerolling both gives you Incubus and Brimstone.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Some people are saying that Bumbo no longer does contact damage to certain enemies, which is kinda a weird change to make.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Eve isn't really tedious though, you go balls deep in getting rid of your red HP and then you have higher damage than anyone besides Azazel

Original Eve was "Get rid of all your red hearts and your damage is still garbage, just slightly less so."

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I've had the opposite experience with Bethany, really. Granted I've only had one clear with her (well, I reached the Chest and died because I had Blood Oath), but once you get enough flames going, she's really hard to kill and rips through stuff like butter.

She seems to have an increased drop rate on soul hearts, too, meaning I was pretty much always at 14 flames by the endgame.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Also, the new soundtrack is amazing. (In particular, the Mom's Heart theme, the arcade theme, and the boss theme for the new final boss.)

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Crackbone posted:

Did Edmund say something to that effect?

Ayup.

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/813857125877227520
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/813857236682346496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, the room's designer forgot that Gurdy forces you to spawn in the south, because the room builder doesn't.