Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I played a little of the original Isaac but was never that into it but I got gifted Rebirth for Christmas and I've been having a blast. I've been watching some Rebirth lp's and noticed no one ever uses those rooms with spikes in the middle that give you items. Any particular reason why? Also is there some trick to unlocking Cain? I've got 3 mom heart kills but the most pennies I've ever had at once is 48.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does taking Limp of Coal/ Krampus's Head count as taking a Devil Room deal or do I have to leave them if I want to get Angel Rooms in the future?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just had an amazingly broken run tonight. brimstone. Anti grav, homing shots, abadon, the pact, small rock, chemical peel and crickets head. All I had to do was drop a single anti grav homing brimstone shot and every thing just melted. I beat Mega Satan without takin a single hit, just hung out towards the bottom and nonchalantly dropped concentrated death. Killed his final form in 2 shots. I was really surprised you don't unlock anything for beating Mega Satan.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrL_JaKiri posted:

When you get a gamebreaking run after 2 floors (Guppy, Brimstone) on your first game on a save and have to stop after The Depths :xcom:

Well, I guess

I got a level 4 Bandage Girl one Time!

...it was on a challenge run so I didn't get the achievement.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have a weird issue on my laptop where the game runs fine but on the womb or uterus it seems to run about 10 frames faster than any other levels and I have no idea why.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's the best time to use the Chaos Card on Mega Satan?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I had a devil room with 3 red chests where all 3 chests teleported me to the devil room.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any synergies that make Eve's Mascara not the worst item ever?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any Mod's that keep track of your past games? For example something that shows the past games you played, what their seed number was, what character you had, etc. ?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There should be an official "SPEEDRUN" seed full of nothing but speed down items and those skulls that you can only shoot when they pop up and fire at you and Skrollex boss fights.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IMJack posted:

BoI Rebirth will be released for XBone on July 23

Also this is a new store item

It forces double treasure rooms, but without it there's still a small chance to get a double treasure room.

Are those a new addition or have there always been double treasure rooms? I've never seen one in all my hours of playing .

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How do you get rid of the "R U a Wizard" effect? Is it on a timer or do you have to fire a certain amount of tears until it goes away?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I had a truly broken run a while back where I got both the item that makes you drop active bombs when you get hit and the item that makes explosions heal you

i was basically immortal

I once had this same setup with Azazzael but with sad bombs and scatter bombs.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How are you supposed to access the new hidden path? I haven't seen any of the new unlock doors. I've killed Delerium twice .

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Daeren posted:

The Void/Delerium is the new hidden path. Though apparently the gate to the Void is only a random chance to appear after any major boss post-Mom, including Mega-Satan but excluding Hush, who always makes it appear.

I was watching some Northern Lion streams and he keeps getting these boss doors that take 2 keys, 2 bombs, 2 spirit hearts etc. How you do you access those?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Have they changed the D6? Any time I try to change an item more than once all I get is Milk or Rotten Lunch. This was on the first floor, there was no way I exhausted the item pool.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I finally got a decent run together with the Lost to fill out his Post It. All I had left was Mega Satan. Not a single Angel Room gave me any damage upgrades, just soul hearts and white hearts. I get to the Chest with Curse of the Unknown. Hoping to get at least one damage upgrade I blindly grab all 4 items. Dunce Cap, Soy Milk, Guppy's Paw and Lunch. I hate this game sometimes.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just got an Angel statue but it was in a Devil Room. I didn't have any bombs, do you get anything from it or is it just a weird glitch?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a mod where you can take items out of rotation or increases the drop rates for other items? I never seem to get any fun items anymore, I get polydactyl every single run.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

that ivy guy posted:

You can adjust item pools yourself with the "IsaacItemPoolEditor" in the "tools" folder, removing or adding things to pools, assigning higher weights to good items, etc. By default I think everything is weighted 1 except Mega which is 0.2 (5 times rarer).
To use it you extract the game resources (also available the tools folder) and open itempools.xml in the pool editor app.

Thanks, I had no idea this even existed!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just got 3 Angel Rooms without a single item. First one had six pennies and the last two both just had a single angel heart. I hate this game sometimes.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkVT6dYprME

Pretty decent with Edmund about his future with the Isaac series .

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

gotta say, not a fan of azazel in greed mode. it gets tiresome clearing hordes with his chargeup mechanic, his flying is less advantageous cause there are no hazards on the floor or pits, or really much collectibles to get behind rocks. the lack of rocks to bust means you dont get as many spirit hearts. he's still decent, but if i focus on buying health stuff I end up with not enough damage to take down ultra greed before i die, and if I focus on damage i just die fast.

Azazel was the hardest for me in Greed Mode until I got Placebo and a range up pill on the first floor, so after awhile I basically had a free Brimstone. Trying to kill Ultra Greed with Azazel's lovely rear end range was infuriating.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

attention: i unlocked godhead

now when do I get to use it

I've only ever seen it when I pick up chaos. Angel Rooms in general just suck, I only seem to get like 2 eternal hearts or something useless like the void.

Just had one of the most insane damage runs I've ever had. I started as Eve, got IV Bag on the first floor, then Bloody Lust, Money Is Power, Steven, Cricket's Head and Dead Eye and finally Lusty Blood. By the time I got to Hush my damage stat was sitting at 45 before I even started using IV Bag, Dead Eye or Lusty Blood. I melted that giant blue piece of poo poo in under a minute, it was glorious.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dear Isaac thread,

I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. Barely a few pages back I complained about GodHead literally never showing, even though I've been to hudreds of Angel Rooms. Well there I was on Depths 1 with a Diplo I had been carrying for 2 floors , after getting nothing but lovely Devil Rooms ( 3 red chests full of spiders and one with Brother Bobby) I beat Mega Rag Man and an Angel Room with God Head! So I use my Diplo and get a double God Head head. The next floor I get Trinket Smelter and Cancer, which knocks my tears down to 3. I also had Spilt Milk so any time I got hit my tears went down to 1. I cleared out boss rush in under 2 minutes. It was insane .

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If it's an official Antibirth dlc that'd be pretty cool considering I've never once been able to get Anti-birth installed and running correctly.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bucksmash posted:

Well yeah ghost suicide makes the undead alive, so you get to begin again :unsmigghh:

The forgotten is my favorite character now, but I hate using the soul unless I'm picking up spike/tile blocked items or I'm almost dead. Little melee bone dude is just so much more fun.

Also super hyped for this Antibirth/whatever it's called expansion. Was ready to tackle one of the other 30 unplayed games in my Steam library but oh well lol

I love walking into a lovely basement boss like Rag Man or The Haunt and just bashing the poo poo out of the with the club. It's so cathartic after having try and take them out with base damage and tear speed.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

alpha_destroy posted:

Been trying for the last several nights to get a full bandage girl. What is the best strategy for that? I never seem to get a bandage ball with Lilith and with Isaac I double popped monster manual at least 25 times in a room in the womb and only got the third stage of bandage girl. That's the closest I've gotten.

This might have been patched out but I got it when I had a level 3 bandage girl and then used Lillith's familiar item.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drunken Baker posted:

It got replaced by Polydactyly. As did every other item in the game.

:argh:

Is it like a bug or something? I swear to god I get Polydactyl every single run now, it's more common than health upgrades on the second floor.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Had something really odd happen last night. I got the Basement 2, and just as the level loaded my Devil Room percentage went immediately from 100% to 0%. I hadn't even moved yet, let alone taken damage. It was impossible for me to even take damage since I was in an empty room. It happened again when I loaded into Depths 2, my percentage went from 36.6% to a straight 0%. Again, I took no damage and hadn't even moved yet.

I don't think it was the items I had, on the first floor all I got was Lunch Meat and Camo Pants. has this happened to anyone else?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

this happens when the boss room generated for the floor cant spawn a devil door, usually a result of it being one of those lovely narrow rooms

Makes sense, both boss fights were Horseman in those lovely narrow rooms.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If they keep level curses in Isaac 2 I hope they change them up a bit. As they are now curses only serve to mildly annoy to outright infuriate you. It would be great if you got a curse there was a higher chance of a devil room or curse rooms having items. Maybe add floor blessings to even things up, like all pills are identified for one floor or having all the secret rooms be open. I also think there should be a Krampus type enemy for Angel Rooms. Like Santa should have a percentage of replacing Angel Rooms but you don’t fight him, he just gives you like 3 free items.

What’s the consensus on Soy Milk? Lots of people hate it but I think it has some of the best synergies in the game. I had a Soy Milk and Dead Eye run the other night that just absolutely shredded Hush. After the first three tears hit the damage modifier went bonkers.After firing for 2 seconds I was doing about 4.7 damage per hit with a tear rate of one. Common Cold was is amazing too, it’s great seeing 200 tears sticking to a boss all doing DOT damage.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I made it to the Chest last night with black card, jera rune and rune cloth. I filled the first room with so many gold chests that the game crashed.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you're having trouble (like I was) filling out the Angel Room items for your postcard a good trick I found was doing Greed Mode and refusing any devil room items so you can get an automatic Angel Room. Took me about 7 runs but I finally got my post card all filled out!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

It was cool to learn that there's some ultra rare room spawn chances

Weirdest one I ever saw was a Devil Room with an Angel statue in it. Didn3t have any bombs so I don't know what would have happened if I bombed it

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

i've had the music muted for like 440 of my 445 hours playing this game. i open spotify and listen to good music instead

Isaac has been my go to " game to play while listening to a podcast " for years

Man, the new curse of darkness doesn't gently caress around

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just had a run where I didn't get a single bomb or key for 3 floors in a row but every single floor had a curse.

I wish they had a better difficulty balancing idea than " make the game stab you in the balls every 10 seconds"

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can you not do the alt path on a victory run?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How are you supposed to dogmdge Dogma's homing brimstone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just melted a Boss Rush room with the Soul of Eve. It was like every boss was covered in birdseed