Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Does it unlock everywhere at the same time or will some vpn fuckery be possible to play it a couple hours earlier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Isn't that how they are in current BoI? if they arent then holy poo poo i have no idea how i managed to get those cheevos.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Christ. They all most likely connect to the 178 secrets. That's a lot of poo poo to unlock. For the record, the original only had about 97 secrets. Rebirth has almost twice that. Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

gently caress it took me like forever to get the cheevo that's "get these 2 mom items on same run". some rng poo poo will be impossible

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
what the fuuuuuuuck i thought this would be fixed in like 10 minutes loving volvo

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
holy poo poo lol d10

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
woo beat mom.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
holy poo poo the devil beggar companion is amazing.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
what happens if i have 1 heart and 1 soul and take a 1 heart devil deal? what if i have 0 soulhearts?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
OH fuuuck, touched the chest instead of going to satan level with a loving build that one shot the heart and got me mama's boy. goddamnit.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Tammys head on azael owns

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
what the fuuck sidescrolling isaac

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
woot beat cursed on first try.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Beat moms heart as judas but didnt see any to hell or cathedral portals, what

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
gently caress, moms knife + tammys head, walked out of satan room accidentally after beating the heart and it disappeared.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
How can I have *-s boy and not have samson unlocked??

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Woo, purist on the first try.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
So many people out for dark bum's nerf. :ohdear:
I hope devs don't listen to them.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Hooly crap dr fetus blows now. Demoman challenge was a chore.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Gave a shop 200 coins, now it sells 5 items. Can sell two of the "big" items at the same time. Owns.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh hey, the blue flames aren't just cosmetic! You can bomb them for what I'm fairly sure is a 50% chance of a soul heart. Just unlocked ???, so that should be useful. I wonder if the purple flames give you evil hearts...

Hooly crap.
Also PRO tip, bomb shrooms and skulls.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Gotta say I thought the new music wouldn't be that great since I got too attached to the original's music, but god drat if that Caves music isn't perfect.

Cathedral music is real good

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Cheekio posted:

Wow, I wanted to say it's a great game and I'm liking it, it really lived up to expectations, except for the bugs. Sometimes my heath bar disappears and occasionally the game screws up and puts me 2 rooms over when walking between screens, anyone else having this problem? Ubuntu x64...

Oh. Oh I see.

First time all the items were ?s instead of their icons I thought I ran into some resource loading bug and restarted the game before realizing that those were some well drawn question marks..

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Jibo posted:

I don't think this is necessarily the case anymore. I've gotten angel rooms after making devil deals. I'm assuming it has something to do with the whole "faith" stat.

Same here.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Every time I beat mom I get the negative now. Beat isaac with it and game still ended.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The suicide king card that you unlock from the suicide king challenge kills you when you use it.

I don't know why I expected any different. :geno:

Woah really. Guess not gonna bother to beat that challenge..

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
welp, couldnt beat post satan stage with dark bum + lots of dmg + brimstone. dark bum def seems to be nerfed a bit.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Start out as eve with brimstone and xray pill, get a dark bum deal and then get this room.

Still no idea what that use item does though..

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I went to my friend's tonight and we played Isaac together. And I found a GLITCH!!!! I can tell ya'll how to win challenge #8, the guppy's hairball one, real easy. But only read this if you want to do it. And yeah I'm sure others have found this but it was fun to find it by chance. So ONLY READ THIS IF you want to cheat.

basically when the second player comes in for whatever reason their familiar spawns with like 5 spirit/evil hearts. But it only takes one from you. When they leave, you get them all back!!!! So you can always be at full health. So we played that challenge together. I did as much of it as I could legit but since I found that I just decided to go through with it. And I beat suicide king later which is my favorite challenge so don't yell at me

whelp im probably doing this..

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Beat chest with Judas for the first time and didn't unlock anything. Hope it's not a bug or something.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
I'm so scared of dice rooms when I have good poo poo cause I'm afraid it's the reroll everything one and will give me crap

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

VDay posted:

Yeah it's kind of annoying since it's so RNG based. Still, it goes by somewhat quickly if you just hold down R and wait for a big square (2x2) room. At least then you're just checking a room every few seconds rather than wasting time constantly going into every little room.

Speaking of the Lost:

:toot:

No idea what I did wrong last night though to not get him. Glad it wasn't bugged or you need to meet some obscure special condition. Everything went pretty smoothly, with the Azazel run being especially hilarious. Got Ludo and a dark bum super early, cruised through to Satan on auto-pilot. Had a brief moment of sheer panic when I realized that the Ludo brim circle might be so big that it'll hit Satan's second form, but luckily that wasn't the case.

Now to get the D100 :suicide:

How the gently caress do you have 92% already

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Just got the i am error room for the first time with telepills. Only treasure map tho :(

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Picked up ipecac and it gave me tiny explosive shots instead of normal ones, don't really know why cause I didn't have soy milk. neat

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Is the steam save in the cloud? Or if I reinstallwill my donated to shop coins be 0 then along with other stuff being reset?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Oh my god tear bombs own if you have some ridiculous tear effects

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

What the poo poo, donating to the store machine when it's at 999 coins makes it reset back to 0. gently caress you, game.

Are you serious? holy poo poo

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
To unlock real plat god do I have to beat megasatan on hard with all characters?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Iny posted:

and then everything but Mega Satan on Hard with the Lost.

:magical:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
gently caress soymilk. Items should always be power ups or sidegrades, not cause you to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Contract from above on the first floor, red candle from shop, still couldn't loving beat the family man challenge gently caress it forever