Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Another patch is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Sounds to me like you got the Guppy transformation. Happens when you've touched 3 Guppy items; you don't need to hold them all at once and you cannot lose the transformation once you have it.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Brannock posted:

Are there not patch notes?

Why would there be patch notes?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Invalid Validation posted:

Thanks for the tips and is there any mod that can give me a wiki description of items in game cause I have the memory of a goldfish?

This should work. Been needing to find one of these mods myself anyway, since the one I used to use isn't going to be updated for Afterbirth.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Fano posted:

I don't really understand why people are mad about them nerfing an item that was basically an autowin on 11 out of the 13 characters in the game.

Because it's a grind to unlock in the first place, and the nerf makes it yet another useless item for the Lost.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

CJacobs posted:

"Remember when The Lost used to be about surviving and actual skill"

lmao

Oh that is just precious. :allears:

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Disgusting Coward posted:

Mask of Infamy. gently caress the Mask of Infamy.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of Bloat either, but I'm very tired of Mask of Infamy turning around as my tear's about to hit him.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Had an interesting Eden run. Ran into Cursed Eye, but I didn't get teleported away when I got hit for some reason, so when I later became Guppy with Mutant Spider enemies melted away. Maybe Black Candle nullifies the teleport effect now?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Cursed Eye doesn't teleport you if you're fully charged. Did you pick up a lot of tears up items?

I could swear I got hit during the charge, but memory is fallible and I did have a lot of tear ups. Oh well, was still cool as hell hitting poo poo with 16 bullets followed by 16 flies.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, I just tested it and Black Candle does remove the teleport penalty of Cursed Eye in Afterbirth.

There's also video proof someone made.

Cool poo poo. I wonder if Black Candle removes negative effects on other cursed items now as well.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah just tested it. Black Candle doesn't work on any of those.

Oh well, as you said it would make those items completely pointless anyway, and Curse of the Tower can be "fixed" with Safety Scissors.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

I've gotten a Skatole once, and I've seen it offered several times. Maybe it's just really rare now.

edit: I also got a dollar just on my last run.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

Re: the speed thing I'd encourage other people who played a bunch of the original game to boot it back up on steam to check it out. It looks so, so bad.

I did just that after the Eternal update dropped. I was even one of the big babies who disliked that Rebirth look at first, but gently caress going back to flash Isaac is rough.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

voltcatfish posted:

this mod actually seems cool and useful, but it also doesn't look like it was updated for afterbirth unless i am blind

There's one that's specifically for Afterbirth now. http://moddingofisaac.com/mod/874/item-descriptions---afterbirth

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

3.141592653 posted:

Sounds like a plan!
I died at the first boss.

As bucksmash said, that's gonna happen. I got the (original) game as a Christmas gift, and even with my relatively unlimited free time to throw away to it I took about a week to start getting final boss kills.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

:love: Bumbo. I can't wait to see gameplay of Legend of Bumbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Between dev tools and that description of Bumbo, I'm really curious to see how this will turn out.