Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mar 6, 2016
Currently in the process of downloading this game as we speak.
Boredom has driven me to seeking games to play.

I am excited.

I read the OP, however, anything I should know ahead of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 6, 2016
Sounds like a plan!
I died at the first boss.

Mar 6, 2016
Do the slight heebie-jeebies ever go away?

Also, I have found a screw after defeating gemini but I cannot pick it up. Is that because I have the revenge fly first?

Edit again: Never mind, something blew up and I was able to get it.

3.141592653 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 15, 2016

Mar 6, 2016
I take it you have to start from the very beginning each time you die/close the game then, huh?
: (

One day I will master this game.
But the revenge fly is so far one of my favorite items. Yes.

Mar 6, 2016

bucksmash posted:

Each successful playthrough will bring rewards to use on your next run (except when it doesn't hehe) And yes, replay is the core of this game. Get used to repetition.

Tips: do challenges, some unlock very helpful items. Also play with different characters, many have strengths/weaknesses that you may be able to work with beyond base Isaac.

And I know this is a tall order for a new player, but try to avoid red heart damage if possible. You can get some amazing rewards (or again, awful bullshit) if you can beat bosses without taking any red heart damage on the floor (with a couple special exceptions)

I'll definitely have to see what I can do! Thank you!