Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Pretty freaking excited about this game. Bummed it won't unlock until I'm at work. Would love to be on it at midnight Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Isn't that how they are in current BoI? if they arent then holy poo poo i have no idea how i managed to get those cheevos.

Flight, Brimstone and damage upgrades.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Made my last run of BoI tonight and uninstalled in preparation for Rebirth. Didn't get any God achievements, but I did beat the Chest properly once. Hopefully, I'll do better in Rebirth since I'm getting in at launch instead of a year later.

It's only going to be harder.

:getin:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Uhhh, Mom always drops the Polaroid.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tollymain posted:

not if you've already seen it, i think?

I've definitely gotten it that way still. I've had the Polaroid drop on the first couple floors and went on without it since Mom always drops it.

PostNouveau posted:

Apparently if you reroll a Polaroid with the D20, which I definitely did at some point, there's a chance Mom won't drop it. She dropped a tarot card on me.

Weird. So, so weird.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

Only if the trinket pool isn't empty. If you've already seen every trinket you won't get a Polaroid from Mom.

Huh! Learn something new about Isaac every day, I guess.

Part of me thinks Rebirth is going to take forever for everyone to figure out, and part of me thinks it'll take two weeks because there's no way it'll be as weird/buggy/glitchy as original Isaac.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Shame this won't unlock until Noon CST.

Steam! :argh:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I really hate this game unlocks Noon-ish when I have to leave for work at 1:30 :negative:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

HGH posted:

Someone said it was delayed to match the PS4 release or something.
Doesn't help that Tyrone was doing a twitter countdown too.

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

:f5:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

PSN won't update for at least three more hours

Also,

RedHotKick posted:

i would like to play the game

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Why did Northernlion get an advance copy and Cobaltstreak didn't? Seems weird.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I am furiously getting ready for work over here.

Damnit, Valve.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

ITS UP ITS UP

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

First treasure room: Holy Water, gently caress this game, I'm deleting it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

My first run ended in the room right before Mom.

I had the Bible.

:negative:

e: Won't be as disheartening if it turns out it doesn't one-shot Mom anymore, but :bang:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I became Guppy on the Slow Roll challenge:

Game owns.

e: One shotted Mom.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Using the Bible against Satan still kills you immediately. Lame.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Got my first Mega Satan kill cheap as hell yesterday. Started a Eden run which gave me the shears and the tanooki tail. Picked up a cube of meat and big beautiful fly.

Basically, I just hung out near MS's head while invincible and let him die by my familiars.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I never hear the music, because Isaac is a perfect podcast game.

Seriously, it's been 100s of hours. I really don't need to hear the same stuff that long.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Beans sure is an annoying challenge. Guess I'll just reload every attempt until Lil Brimstone shows in the first Devil room :argh:.

I really don't enjoy playing the ones that take away your tears.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Finished up my Hard mode unlocks today after finally finishing my Challenges a couple days ago. Decided to jump into a Isaac Normal run as a palette cleanser.

Cricket's Head, Cricket's Body, Lump of Coal, Pentagram, Fat Mushroom, Proptosis, Blood Clot and Chocolate Milk later, and I had charged tears taking up 25% of my screen.

And I was Guppy.

:stare:

It's like the game was apologizing for what it did to me in Hard mode. Although, I do still have to unlock The Lost.

e: RE: Mega Satan, the one time I fought him, I had the racoon tail (Unbreakable), a piece of meat and familiars. Easiest boss fight I've ever had. Just, uh, took a while.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 18, 2015

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Gibbo posted:

25% of the screen?

That's in a 2x2 room. (Normal mode because I was finishing off a game the girlfriend was playing and abandoned to go to work)

A whole bunch of poo poo, and then chocolate milk and Eve's Mascara to push it in to "truly ridiculous" territory"

:eyepop:

I love how this game can get wonderfully broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn't be surprised since doesn't the Vita have problems running it?

This is the best news and I really hope they can somehow do cross buy and saves.

Yeah, I think playing it on Vita is a pretty poor experience.

I'm hopeful for the New 3DS version. I really want a good portable version of Rebirth.