Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Captain Vittles posted:

Just in time for Rebirth, I have finally achieved Dark Boy! The game only thinks I've gotten 93/97 secrets, though, so no plat god yet. I know I've gotten those secrets before (I've been at 96/97) and I know why it's doing this (stupid flash and cookies affecting how the game works), so I'll just have to re-unlock the missing secrets to get plat god... I sure hope I don't need to find Ultra Pride again.

This happened to me too. I normally don't care about achievements in games, but I liked and played this game enough to get there only to be robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

What about vita!? I need my fix on my lunch break!

PSN plus updates are usually late afternoon, at least they have been everytime I can recall. I'm not sure if there is a fixed time.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

I don't know whether to stick around for spoilers or avoid them for the next 3 hours. I'd like stuff to be a surprise but then again, knowing things ahead of time would help...

Streaming has allowed everyone the chance to be a little sibling waiting for their turn watching someone else who won't be sharing.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

sicDaniel posted:

I have never bought a steam game on release, in fact. How long does it usually take?

When the original Binding of Isaac released, it was delayed until like 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Duggler posted:

Not being able to play is probably costing him $$

Oh no. What will this captain of industry do?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Manatee Cannon posted:

Azazel is really interesting, but how viable it is depends on what you get in the long run. Having to get that close to mom's heart or something is a death sentence. Really nice for unlocking Eve or Samson, though. My first run with him I got so many different lasers, it was amazing.

Really? Azazel plays like easy mode to me. I mean this is Binding of Isaac so "easy" is relative here, but I find having a massively powerful attack that I can clear most common enemies with near instantly gives a better advantage than any other character's starting abilities. Bosses, with a couple exceptions, are not all that bad and not what typically kills me on a run, so having to get up close and personal isn't a big deal.

Maggie is awful though. Being slow combined with the miserable room/item luck I have every time I play with her....

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I like Bob's brain, and I only skip on it if I am already running with tears that deal heavy damage and allow me to handle shielded foes. It just requires you to stop shooting and aim once in awhile. It occasionally does result in self inflicted damage, but I find it gets me out of more trouble than it gets me into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Deceitful Penguin posted:

ahaha, if you have ludvico, coal and the pulsing worm alongside enough dmg ups, the shielded tear you put over Moms heart literally blocks all their shots. Worked on Satan too. Glorious.

Ludvico is my favorite "this power-up is garbage, except for when makes you a god" item.