Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey is Loki's Horns broken or something? I need to unlock them for the Glass Canon challenge and I have fought Loki MULTIPLE times and Lokii a couple but they have not unlocked nor can do the challenge. I really hope I can get them without resetting.... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

You should have it unlocked in the Secrets or in Steam Achievements, you just might have never found them in the wild. I know I haven't.

Nope! Just checked both. No Secret or Achievement for it found on my end. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

jsr v2.0 posted:

Have you beaten Challenge #19? You also need to do that to unlock it. It threw me off as well.

OH! No I have not, I am still i nthe process of getting Dad's Key

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

What's the best way to complete the Family Man challenge? I feel soooooooooo crippled. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Finally beat Family Man, now I need to somehow unlock Loki's Horns to do Glass Canon. I hope this isn't a bug I'm running into. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Logan 5 posted:

/\/\/\ Pretty sure it isnt, check your items and see if you've found Loki's Horns yet.

Nope. Checked the items, none, Checked the Secrets, none. CHecked the Steam achievements, none. Loki's Horns ISN'T unlocking for me.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Logan 5 posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you HAVE fought and beat Loki but Loki's Horns still isn't unlocked, either in your items or achievements? Cause if yes, then yeah that's probably a bug, must have been caused by one of the more recent updates because I had no problems with it.

It might be unlocked when you actually pick up the item too, have you always passed on it/not seen it?

Yes! I have beaten Loki AND Lokii numerous times, and no I haven't seen it in any run so far.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I'm trying to get The Lost unlocked, and I have that seed for Judas mentioned earlier, but is there a seed for isaac where there will always be a room with a mulliboom I can easily die to?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

So are the hard mode achievements unlock an item or what? I was thinking those were new familiars, or am I wrong? :confused:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Um....I just killed ??? as Judas for the first time and I got no unlock or achievement. What gives?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I found another good combo in Parasite (the one for split shots) and Ludovico Technique. It's a normal orange controlled tear, but when place on an enemy, it spray small tears in a decent sized radius, doing way more damage. On top of that, I also found ???'s Only Friend and Technobaby 2.0. I was a remote controlled god. :v:

Speaking of Ludovico, if you have it and find Mom's Knife, will the knife be controlled freely?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Magres posted:

Bahahaha, I just got carried ridiculously hard by this game. First time in the Dark Room, I'm having first time jitters even though I have loving Guppy with Triple Shot Brimstone and Tammy's Head so I'm playing kinda dumb and down to four hearts. I was being a bad.

Then Gnawed Leaf drops. Cheesed The Lamb by just letting him hump me until he died :laffo:

If I have Gnawed Leaf and have other items such is The Virus, would the enemy take damage during my statue state?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Speaking of The Lost, I just did a Lost run correctly (from what I've read about unlocking him), and he didn't unlock. Did they patch it to where seeded games don't count (I used one seed for Isaac's step for Mullibooms)? After that the other 3 were legit runs to their proper deaths. I went back to the main menu and yet no message saying I unlocked The Lost. What did I do wrong? :confused:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

I used a seeded run for both Isaac + a sick Judas setup and unlocked The Lost like 2 hours ago.

I'll try again. BTW, what's the Judas seed? I'd like one where he's not hosed over in items. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Edit: Nevermind! Got The Lost!

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 18, 2014

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Current Lost progress: After 50-ish deaths, I made it up to Mom (thanks to Dead Cat), then died on my last life. :saddowns:

If only they made it to where the lost could ONLY have one or two hearts maximum...

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

So is there no unlock for beating Mom's Heart with The Lost? Not talking about the Hard Mode baby here, I just mean any item in general.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Current deaths with The Lost: 77
Farthest I've gotten: Mom in Depths 2

I really wish there was some way to have life. Like even if it allowed just one single Soul Heart at a time on The Lost I'd love it. :sigh:

Also you think this game would have potential for the Steam Workshop? I know seeds exist for runs, but I'd love to see unique characters, items, bosses, etc. Though I think it's a bit of work on Edmund's part to implement it.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

CJacobs posted:

If you pick up the holy mantle you get a free hit per room and any items that block shots can do so without hurting The Lost any. Other than that though you just gotta get good at dodging.

Also, if you really wanna stretch your bucks with it, if you save/quit after getting hit with the holy mantle, it'll be reactivated when you continue so you can just try that room again. Now that The Lost doesn't get killed when you continue your game you can basically retry infinitely as long as you don't take two hits in a row.

True, but that requires finding the Holy Mantle in the first place, a task which I haven't accomplished yet. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I really wish The Lost could have Holy Mantle as a strating item and not have flight. Even then it'd still be hard as hell.... :smith:

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 19, 2014

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I think I am just going to focus on regular Platinum God first before attempting getting The Lost unlocks or if there's a patch buffing him (if there ever is one).

Can someone give me a site that has a list of all the Secrets in order so I can see what I am missing for regular Platinum God? I just can't find one. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

To the people who know which secrets these are, can you tell me what they are so I can see what I am missing for Platinum God? Here's the numers:

64, 69, 83, 84, 129, 139, 131, 132, 133, 144, 156, and 175

I know two are forming Super Meat Boy and Dead Boy, but not sure what the others are.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

In order:

Counterfeit Penny, Platinum God, Dead Boy, Real Platinum God, Isaac's Heart, Wire Coat Hanger (did you mean 130, which is Mind?), Body, Soul, D100, Super Meat Boy, Godhead, and -0- Baby.

I probably meant 130, I already have the Wire Coathanger secret. Thank you! :)

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Eh...I finally found out what Mom's Knife and Ludivico does together, and it's not that great. It's still strong, but I'd rather have Brimstone or Technology any day. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Alkydere posted:

Fully agree. I want his unlocks so I can have fun with other characters, but I know I'm not good enough to use him, let alone have fun with him.

If you just got achievements for beating him and needed him only for True Plat, I'd be juuust fine never touching him. But the Body/Mind/Soul/D100/Godhead/Isaac's Heart being locked behind him annoys and irritates me.

Honestly I think the Lost should have started with 3 hearts and just never been able to recover/heal them. He'd still be way out of my skill bracket but I'd think he'd at least be a sane challenge. Of course he can't really be changed now because it would upset a lot of people for "cheapening" their (admittedly impressive) achievement.

I still think he should just no health, BUT is protected by the Holy Mantle from the start. It would still make him super hard as hell to use for the vast majorty of the BoI player base. It also allows him access to the Curse Rooms, which he can't do by normal reasons (unless the room is next to a Secret Room).

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Having the combo of Tech 2, Ipecac, Mom's Wig, Pyromaniac, and Book of Shadows would secure a Dead Boy Achievement, right? Gurdy Jr. said otherwise. :mad:

What's worse was I got it from a #1 dice room forgetting that it rerolled your own items and I was carrying Holy Mantle at the time. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

DEAD BOY ACHIEVED! :neckbeard:

Now I just need to figure out the missing items in my items list are so I can hunt them down for Platinum God. Is there a site that shows every item arranged in where they are in Rebirth's Item List?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Are there any differences between the red and blue candle besides the flame staying for the red one? Did the blue candle get buffed in any way? It seems kind of silly that it takes 900 coins to get the blue candle when you get the red one for 400 and it's way more useful.

From what I've seen, Blue Candle's flame is VERY strong, but doesn't stay as long as Red Candle's flame. So Red is good if you can lure enemies to the flame, but blue can dish out way more damage but it goes out fast.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 24, 2014

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

So for regular Platinum God, I am missing Skeleton Key, Transcendence (The Noose), and Missingno. Is there way to get these early on, other than luck?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I found out WHAT is a good combo with Soy ilk: Ludovico Technique. Your tears determines how many 'ticks' the tear does to deal damage, so low tear rate will trigger like one or two ticks per second, while soy milk makes it practically constant. If you can get those two early as well as some damage increasing items it melts enemies fast. Also, if you have something like Mom's contact or fear, it prettu much keeps it on them at all times.

I'm two items away from Platinum God (Skeleton Key and Transcendence) and it's so tedious trying to get them. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Beeme posted:

What is your method? I need to find a Raw Liver and it's also a secret room only. I'm guessing just running Isaac with the D6 always on hand?

I've been doing this:

1.) Be Isaac with D6 on Normal to reduce floor size.
2.) Check the Treasure Room. Don't Reroll. If it is an item that can let me access Secret Rooms easily (X-Ray Glasses, Miner's Hat, any explosive item like Dr. Fetus or Ipecac), I'll do a full run or that game.
3.) Go through every room to determine which spots qualify for being a Secret Room spot. Bomb it and hope you get it.
4.) If you are in the Secret Room and there's an item, take it or reroll it to a different (and hopefully) one you need.
5.) If there's a locked/sealed/curse chest and it opens with an item, DON'T TAKE IT! Instead, reroll it. Since it's in the Secret Room, it'll reroll into an item that belongs in the Secret Room pool.
6.) If there are mushrooms, pots, or skulls, and you can blow them up, do so for a chance for them to drop an item (Quarter, Super Mushroom, Dry Baby, etc.) so they can be rerolled into a Secret Room item.
7.) If possible, check and buy items from the shop, specifically the Blue Map. If you do, continue a whole run from there and use the steps mentioned above for the Secret Room. If you find a Pandora's Box (and can buy it), take it to the secret room and use it. Again, it can be rerolled using the Secret Room item pool.
8.) IF NONE OF THESE are helpful at the time, reroll the Treasure room item for a item that can help find Secret Rooms easily.
9.) If all else fails, hold R to restart. Repeat the steps.

Another good tip is have something on the TV or music because this WILL be very tedious.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Beeme posted:

That's a good method! Followed it and got the Raw Liver on the secret room of the Chest on my first X-Ray Vision run. Greed spawned there and dropped something, so I rolled a couple of times to get it. Also managed to nab the Godhead on that one by using the D6 on the half key the angel drops.

After that it was another 10 minutes of resets to get the D100 from the item room, and I'm now part of the 0.2%.

Thanks! It got me the Noose and Skeleton Key for Platinum God yesterday. :v:

And now it's time for The Lost runs..... :suicide:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Currently in a Lost run, and I am in a lucky position with both Epic Fetus and a Dead Cat. I am in a tresure room with Monstro's Lung in it. I am terrified yet coruious on what it'll do. Can someone tell me what it does so I can decide if I should take it or leave it? :ohdear:

Edit: Okay, bit the bullet and took it. Epic Fetus overrides it. Still in good shape.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 26, 2014

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Just died on my Lost with with the mentioned Epic Fetus/Dead Cat above. Died to two Lokis in the room before Isaac. I at least unlocked the "O" baby. :shobon:

So when doing a lost run, what's best to do first, ??? or the Lamb? The Lamb path has Mind and Soul which can be very useful in Lost runs (especially Soul), and the ??? path has Body (useless for Lost) and Isaac's Heart. I'm not entirely sure how good Isaac's Heart is when you need to protect it.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Just died on my Lost with with the mentioned Epic Fetus/Dead Cat above. Died to two Lokis in the room before Isaac. I at least unlocked the "O" baby. :shobon:

So when doing a lost run, what's best to do first, ??? or the Lamb? The Lamb path has Mind and Soul which can be very useful in Lost runs (especially Soul), and the ??? path has Body (useless for Lost) and Isaac's Heart. I'm not entirely sure how good Isaac's Heart is when you need to protect it.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

HGH posted:

Press Escape before the game over screen. Then AltF4. Sure when you Continue you'll have to redo the whole floor but would you rather redo the run?

You can do that?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I seriously might do that "Close during death animation" strategy for the Lost. I am all up for challenge, but there are some aspects to the game that just don't fit at all when playing The Lost. I counted the entire list of items in the game, and 59 of them are 100% useless as The Lost, yet they can (and will) show up. That's a little above 1/7 of the item pool. If they did something to they had an alternate effect when you play as The Lost, I am all for it, otherwise it just so boring having to restart games because you run into too many items that do nothing for you at all.

Also gently caress spiders. I've died too many times to spiders to count. :mad:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I can't wait until modding is in the game so I can remove:

a) The Adversary
b) Bob's Brain
c) The Poop
d) Crack the Sky
e) White Pony
f) a bunch of other crap

Crack the Sky wouldn't suck if it did a slightly lesser sweep of beams ala Isaac. But it just just a beam in random places that it so tiny. :(

Edit: Heck, mod Crack the SKy to do that! :v:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Iny posted:

I figured it was referencing a Magic card but oh my god Chaos Orb is the dumbest card idea I've ever seen in any game in my entire life

To be fair, it was from the very first set.

I do wish the Black Lotus item was more attuned to what it did in the MTG game (gave you 3 mana of any color at the drop of a hat), in that it was like Battery's big brother where your held item cold hold three charges.
I'd also love to see other MTG-items that would have Isaac look at the various Planeswalkers (Jace's hood, Chandra's goggles, Garruk's Helmet, etc.)

I like Magic. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Just beat The Lamb on Hard with The Lost using the Continue method. Even with the ability to start all over at the beginning of the stage if you die, it still feels like a very big challenge.