Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, only 3 more days. It's been a long time coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Pre-loaded my PC copy, anxiously hoping that PSN updates super early tomorrow so I can play during lunch at work (and on the way home).

I am ready. Do your worst :getin:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If Jesus really loves me, he'd give me the next 2 3/4hrs off of work so I can go home, get ready, and play.

But I'm stuck here until 3pm :(

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I really hate this game unlocks Noon-ish when I have to leave for work at 1:30 :negative:

Get well soon. I hope it's not the 'bola.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Watching you guys cry about not being able to play right on 1:00pm was beautiful. Never change Steam.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So I just ruined my run in Shoel. Had an amazing run going, had the Bible on me, and went to Shoel.

Don't use the Bible on Satan. I went from 7 hearts, 5 soul hearts and died, then was reborn again with 1 heart somehow but still, don't use the Bible on Satan

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh what's that? They fixed The Lost + Dead Cat exploit? Glad I made a 1.01 backup before the patch :getin:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pandaK posted:

Does anyone have the loss.jpg fancomic that details how to unlock The Loss?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait, it's just all bosses on Hard Mode for Godhead? I thought it was Mega Satan as well (I know nothing unlocks for killing him, but I thought it was different for The Lost)

Well I've just wasted a whole bunch of time on my Vita :suicide:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Only cheese I've done is to finish The Lost on hard mode (Alt+F4 exploit on PC, Dead Cat on Vita), because gently caress that. I figured that if the "greats" of the game, like Cobalt, bisnaf, and NorthernLion have cheesed it, why the gently caress shouldn't I?

Everything else, I'm doing normally. Those changes? Dark Bum was fairly broken to begin with so no big loss there, Krampus' head should've been a higher charge rate to begin with (with 9v and AAA battery, still makes it only 4 rooms to charge). Hell, the only change I'm tentative about is maybe the Lil Brimstone cost change.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Speaking of datamining, how did the devs expect people to find about the Lost without it?

There was an actual way of finding it, and people actually knew how to get to it, it just required a few more days to get all the pieces together. Instead, people datamined it because "gently caress that" or something.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So since I'm almost finished with my PC run, I thought I'd try to finish some challenges with my Vita. Decided to do the Purist.

First floor: Guppy's head in the cursed room
Second floor: Guppy and Guppy's hairball in Satan's room.

Yeah I pretty much dominated that challenge.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Timett posted:

Does 'Random' count for completions sake? It has a post-it but I've never selected random so it's currently blank. I just finished Normal mode with all the characters (at least 'finished' in the sense that I've got a Heart, Isaac, Satan, Blue Baby, Lamb, and Boss Rush stamp for each character.)

not counting the secret character that I haven't even thought about unlocking yet.

No, random just selects a character

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So I just updated my Vita to 1.03, and of course, Godhead doesn't unlock.

But the "altF4" trick works on the Vita. You pause after you die, close out the game, and reload, and you can continue from the room you started in.

Unfortunately the game takes forever to load on the Vita.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So I'm trying to do the Meat Boy/Bandage girl achievements.

I have epic fetus, I have the D6, I have... placenta

This current run has been going for 3 1/2hrs so far.

This is going really, really, slowly :suicide:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think it's a PC only bug, I was able to do it on my Vita just 5mins ago (running 1.03)

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

Just use cheat engine if you are going to waste that much time scumming the game .

NEVER! :downs:

7hrs 30mins

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

cryptoclastic posted:

Wouldn't it probably just be quicker to reroll items until you get pyro or something at that point?

That's what I'm trying to do

I will do this "100% legit", I don't care how long it takes

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

You are pretty much cheating by rerolling, might as well do it the right way and not waste a day of your life. It's not legit the way you are doing it but whatever makes you feel good.

By saying this, you're saying that using any dice, at any point, is cheating.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CaptainWinky posted:

Yeah, this. It took me ~15 minutes using Monster Manuel + Sharp Plug + Kamikaze + Pyromaniac. With Dr. Fetus or Epic Fetus it would be a little faster since you wouldn't have to switch spacebar items to heal. Depending on Placenta regen is terrible unless you have some books you've been meaning to read while you wait.

I'm on an XL floor and I'm holding out for pyro. I have auto pause disabled so I can do things in the background. I don't mind waiting.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can die to the stomp, but that's in his third form anyway. You can't die to Krampus, the bomb leeches, or Brimstone in phase two.

I don't know why people are saying this because I died to the laser in both my Lost unlocks and it worked fine. Maybe I just got lucky?

EvilSlug posted:

On PS4, all my missing yet earned unlocks eventually popped after I just played some. Godhead appeared in the basement after I bombed a blue rock, of all things; but the other stuff I was missing appeared after mom/satan kills with whoever. Bugged trophys, however; remain locked. That sucks.

Yeah, godhead finally unlocked for me but I'll have to do some lost runs on my Vita to unlock the achievements. Luckily, a variation of the AltF4 bug works on the Vita

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

I'm trying to unlock the lost and picked up Nine Lives on Azazel's run... Did I gently caress up?

as long as the last death is done right, I dont think so

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Remember when I did that placenta run? Anyone want to guess how long it took before I got Pyromaniac?

22 hours in game time

From there it was about 1/2hr to get Meat Boy and Bandage Girl.

Before anyone asks, yes I had the game running in the background while it raised up, I had stuff I was doing in the background, I just wasn't really playing.

I, also, ran into the D20 at some point. So I decided to gently caress around a little bit

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360026650

Good times.

Oh yeah, and on another run, this happened:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360026744

So right now, I'm a Hard Mode Eve to heart run and touching Steve and Godhead from RPG this loving game. Then I might actually have some fun with it. Too bad every loving time I kill Steven I get Little Steven instead :argh:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Finally got Steven, but gently caress if farming for Godhead isn't really absurd. From what I can tell it's not in every run. Emptied out the god pool multiple times and it never showed.

And it's the only item I have left to touch. RPG is so close :argh:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Keep rerolling the Breakfasts. It's a percentage chance to just decide to not show up instead, based on how many special items you have, which include D6 and Sharp Plug and Pyromaniac, so you're probably going to be there a while.

That explains a few things

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
FINALLY FOUND GODHEAD! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

I didn't even need the sharp plug (just the D6).

One achievement left. Might stream that tomorrow.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

golden bubble posted:

In summary, the stat screen lies like hell, and I have no idea how to put a table into a post.

Fixed for you

code:
Speed	        0.10 - 0.99	1.00 - 1.49	1.50 - 1.99	2.00 (Max)	N/A		N/A		N/A
Tear Delay	>8		7 - 6		5 - 4		N/A		3		N/A		2 - 1
Shot Speed	0.60 - 0.99	1.00 - 1.49	1.50 - 1.99	2.00 - 2.49	2.50 - 2.99	3.00 - 3.49	3.50+
Damage		0.00 - 2.99	3.00 - 4.49	4.50 - 5.99	6.00 - 7.49	7.50 - 8.99	9.00 - 10.49	10.50+
Luck		<=1		2		3		4		5		6		>=7

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ErIog posted:

Have you read this article? Edmund said it's the closest thing anyone has written to what was in his head when he was planning out the game.

http://www.twinfinite.net/2012/10/01/big-sloppy-slomper-chompers/

I've read this before and it's utterly fantastic. The ending of BoI:R makes it even more sad when you add the final ending to it.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Remember that if you're pissed off at a whole bunch of stuff in Afterbirth, Edmund too a whole bunch of suggestions from Reddit.

This expansion essentially feels like BoIi:Reddit to me because some of the new stuff is really loving stupid.

Greed mode is pretty amazing though.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

gently caress you Edmund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Was it at 109? Because it's actually capped at that point.

Wait 109 is capped? That's an arbitrary number...