Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Glad this is finally coming to console, because my PC is mouse powered and suffers when the bullet-hell bosses get going.

In relevance to the original, if anyone wants to see just how badly you could break the original BoI Xaiter and some other folks in his LP pulled the game to pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I had a full damage, quad shot that pierced and feared. Three familiars, and a whole bunch of hearts as Cain, in Utereo for the first time ever. Poised to get my murder on...

Then I picked up the dead cat from a secret room. :negative: I would complain about a lack of in-game wiki for stuff you've collected, but I'm never going to forget that drat thing now.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

omeg posted:

Brimstone with antigravity is... interesting :stare:
Magnetic tears with a high enough firerate is horrifying. You actually start pulling certain enemies like bomb flies towards you. :stare:

Asema posted:

I know everybody in this thread has super beaten the game but I just unlocked the D6 and the Polaroid at the same time and I'm real happy about it :3:
I've only killed Mom's Heart for the first time last night. So you're ahead of someone buddy! :golfclap:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I've noticed a fun bug during the 'It's in the cards' challenge.

I picked up the pill baggie in the store ( Didn't realize what the hell it was at the time ) and it turns the Deck of Cards into a pill generator instead.

Although I think the CD is still longer than the regular pill bottle, so I may have hosed myself. :stare:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

HGH posted:

Honestly, most of these challenges are just really tiring/harrowing. After finishing I just don't want to play anymore. And I still have Suicide King to do...
The best thing they could add / do next is take the seed system further still. Just make a mode where you can load yourself up with what the hell you like as long as you've unlocked it. Naturally you won't be able to unlock anything else, but it'll be a nice stress reliever.

Manos del Sino posted:

So my question is - was that one of those random level handicaps, or is my system in need some TLC?
Even on console the game is still a bit iffy. Occasionally all the items disappear for me, and get replaced with red question marks.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I am dumb. I was wondering why I was getting curses every other floor, and what the hell the weird red squiggle under my item counters was that suddenly appeared a few days ago. It's taken me two days to notice I'd somehow switched to hard mode, and that red squiggle is a pentagram. I thought it was related to the 'everything is terrible' unlock. :downsgun:

Killed Satan and Isaac though. :toot:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Anyone else on the PS4 suffer damage for no reason during the Mom boss battle? I'll be in the middle of the room with no summoned beasties or even the shadow of the foot coming down, and get randomly hit by something that doesn't exist sometimes. :psyduck:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

FWT THE CUTTER posted:

Luckily I have a bomb, but if I didn't how are you supposed to get through this room? It seems impossible. What am I missing :confused:

Usually rooms like that will spawn in a bomb at your feet if you enter with none.

Beat Suicide King by picking up the trinket that makes your shots spin. The arc it gave the Ipecac made it so I could lob it at almost point blank but still not get blown up. Everything else was just a bonus. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ashsaber posted:

Just use COCKFGHT as your seed, and you'll rarely need to even fire a shot, as enemies will wipe each other out for you.
:aaaaa: This makes those challenges with no tears so much more bearable. Still drat hard in places, but you don't spend twenty minutes trying to hit a spider with the hairball.