Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Whatever temperature it is outside, it's the time of year where the a/c is set at the opposite of what it should be.

Man I don't miss that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I just got a speeding ticket this morning. RIP money

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Three years iso-cubes, creep.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I actually went to my 15 year high school reunion out of morbid curiosity.

whole lot of fatties. whole lot of questionable facial hair choices. whole lot of track marks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:siren: Katy Perry is doing the halftime Show for Superbowl 50 :siren:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Let's hope for a wardrobe malfunction.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
On the first floor of my building there is a door marked Jazz Society and I always replace the word and read it as Jizz Society and my day gets a little brighter.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

how much over?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

45 in a 30.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

15 over is like the California standard

Can you at least do online traffic school? Or if you're in a lame county an in person one

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I always go a minimum of 10 over.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

that aint too bad. its been a few years since ive been popped but my last one was a 60 in a 40 and it ran me 200 bucks. they only took 4 instead of 6 points because i had a recent clean driving record

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Christoff posted:

15 over is like the California standard

Can you at least do online traffic school? Or if you're in a lame county an in person one

No idea, never been ticketed or pulled over before. Everyone goes 10 over the limit all the time here.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It should say on the ticket

obviously this changes from place to place

Any moving violation ticket (speeding, red light, rtc) is a point on your record which gets reported to your insurance company which gives them an excuse to raise your rates which can end up costing you lots of money over time. I forgot how long it effects your driving record I think 2 years? Then 7 until it's totally wiped?

Traffic school allows you to wipe it away once a year like it never happened. It depends on the county but some let you do it online and some require you to go in all day Sunday and do traffic school to get your ticket expunged

It's a pain regardless and will cost you more money up front but is the smarter option

I remember long ago I got in a rush hour traffic fender bender. Dude insisted on calling police. We exchanged information insurance handled it I told the cop what happened and then 2 months later I get a letter from the dmv that I got a point on my record for an at fault accident and then my insurance raised my rate. Fuckers

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 25, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
10 over scored me a $130 ticket in OKC. Conversation started with the cop saying "I know you were just keeping up with traffic but..."

Anyway, Discount Tire's Black Friday price for the tires I want is a whopping $50 off a set of four. Thanks for knocking that down to 850 you fucks. That doesn't even save me a tank of gas.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

TireRack?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yeah, plus you can get cheap or even free shipping if you have them deliver to a Discount Tire where you'll have them put on if you just call ahead and get the business manager to sign off on it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Woah, TR has dropped their prices since I last checked. I think it's because they're in stock at a closer warehouse. Significantly cheaper than DT now, even with shipping. A few weeks ago DT was cheaper.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what kind of tires?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

You can also pick them up from their warehouse if you live near CT.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I drive the speed limit.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I drive the speed limit.

That's all the more impressive considering that geo metro was never designed for such velocities. Particularly the super sporty canary yellow convertibles.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Finally ended up selling that thing. It had sat around in my garage long enough. Guy down the street wants to buy my vette. Thinking of selling it, too.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Already auctioned off your soul and balls to the navy, why not sell your corvette dude.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Obama Africanus posted:

Already auctioned off your soul and balls to the navy, why not sell your corvette dude.

maybe its a chevette

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Goodyear Duratracs. I hosed up though...DT also has a $50 forum discount if you buy 5. So I was comparing 5 from DT to 4 from TR. Now that I'm sorting that poo poo out, DT is a reasonable $650 vs TR's $683. I was still hoping for more than 50 off, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Obama Africanus posted:

I'm a ginger, man. The soul was never there in the first place.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm a ginger, man. The soul was never there in the first place.

Really? I had it in my head you were Filipino. No idea why

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

Really? I had it in my head you were Filipino. No idea why

Well, I am a bit chinkeyed at the moment.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The city just got the citation up on their site and the fine is 144 dollars. If I just pay the fine do I still have to appear in court? Never been ticketed before so I don't know how it works.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The city just got the citation up on their site and the fine is 144 dollars. If I just pay the fine do I still have to appear in court? Never been ticketed before so I don't know how it works.

I've never had to appear if I just wanted to pay the fine. There should be instructions somewhere.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Most jurisdictions let you pay online. Otherwise "appear in court" just means you have to show up at some DMV-like office anytime before the court date, take a number, and pay at the counter.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you have to mail it in get a return receipt on it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If you have to mail it in get a return receipt on it.

This x1000, always get a receipt. I almost got hosed on this after paying a ticket when I was 18. Court never said they got it until I drove down and threw the receipt in their face.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You don't have to go to court unless you want to argue it, try to lower the fine, ask for a payment plan, or something like that. Of if you had already done traffic school in the last year and wanted to ask if you could get a "second chance" and do it again.

Did you not see my effort post about traffic school? Like, yeah, you can pay the fine now and forget it and then pay $20-50 more a month in insurance over the next couple years

Literally all of this is on the back of the ticket

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

reposting from the hangouts chat.
premixxed cookies suck, homemade cookies are supreme.
(thanksgiving desert)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Unless you brought some to share with everyone don't bother sharing pictures at all :colbert:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress god drat i want those cookies

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

poo poo can i just eat the dough and get sick or salmonella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm going to buy some pork shoulder in a bit and attempt to make some tamales.

• Locked thread