Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for October, 2014?
This poll is closed.
Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 18 15.79%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 15 13.16%
:human being: AJ Styles (FORMER IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 22 19.30%
:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 28 24.56%
Rob Conway (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) 3 2.63%
:freep: Jay Briscoe (ROH World Champion) 2 1.75%
:slick: BxB Hulk (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 3 2.63%
:anime: Lashley (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 9 7.89%
:rudebox: Bobby Roode (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 3 2.63%
:reject: Another Lousy Month of Options (None of the Above Champion) 11 9.65%
Total: 114 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last month saw a low turn-out and a less than impressive winning margin for the eventual winner - WWE Champion Brock Lesnar. Matters weren't helped by a general lack of actual title matches from some of the more popular alternate options, which isn't ENTIRELY the case this month around.... kinda.

Remember, to be eligible, a wrestler needs to have held any of the currently Punchsport Pagoda accepted title belts for at least one day of the month OR had at least one title defense since becoming Champion. This means if someone wins the title on the last day of the month and defends it that night, they're eligible, and if they win the title on the first day of the month and don't defend it at all, they're eligible. Please note that belts for promotions such as PWG haven't been included in monthly polls so far because not only can months go by where the Champion don't defends their belts, but where the Champions don't even make an appearance/make a promo about their title. They WILL be included in the end of year poll.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone:

Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) - There is almost no reason to vote for Brock Lesnar this month. He was barely present at all in WWE, either in person or through the representation of his advocate, Paul Heyman. The month started with Heyman questioning whether the Authority was making a play to get the belt off of Lesnar, and the month ended with a displeased Heyman glaring at Cena who had just won yet ANOTHER shot at Brock's belt.... but for most of the middle of the month there was nothing. When Brock does show up, it's supposed to be a big deal, but you'd think they'd at least talk about him when he wasn't there - he IS the Champion, after all!

:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) - Shinsuke didn't defend his IC belt at all this month, taking place in various tag matches instead. They DID however at least set-up a challenge/upcoming feud against the terrifying Shibata in this match. But in terms of his actual IC Title, Shinsuke hasn't done much outside of actually BEING the Champion, much like Brock spent his October.

:human being: AJ Styles (FORMER IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - The Bullet Club's Champion was defeated! In a match against Hiroshi Tanahashi, AJ once again failed to defeat the former Ace of New Japan who once again rose to the top. Who knows how long it will be till you get a chance to vote for AJ again, but keep this in mind. He actually defended his title this month, he had an exceptional title reign, he's revitalized his career as well as the Bullet Club stable.... AJ Styles may not get YOUR vote, but he sure as hell deserves votes.

:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - As above, Hiroshi finally got back his IWGP Belt in a match against AJ Styles. The Bullet Club couldn't stop him, Jeff Jarrett couldn't stop him, his crippling back pain couldn't stop him (:smith:) and now there's at least a chance that we might once again get to see another Tanahashi/Okada classic for the belt.... if Tanahashi can hold it that long.

Rob Conway (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) - Conway defended his belt this month! Twice! That's more than Brock Lesnar and Shinsuke Nakamura COMBINED! Sigmon and Tyson Dean both took a shot at Conway's belt and both came up short.

:freep: Jay Briscoe (ROH World Champion) - In what is becoming a familiar theme, Jay Briscoe didn't defend his belt this month. He was involved in a number of matches for ROH, however, including the Champions vs All-Stars show in which he headlined a team of ROH's Champions against some of their biggest stars. Like Lesnar and Nakamura he didn't defend his belt, but unlike Lesnar (and like Nakamura) he was very busy all through the month and made his presence known. It's up to you whether that is worth a vote or not.

:slick: BxB Hulk (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - BxB Hulk once again was all over the month, having roughly a match every 2 days for the ENTIRE month. Only one of those was a title match, a successful 25+ minute defense of his title against Cyber Kong, and he spent the rest of the month in a variety of tag matches. He certainly represents the company and the title well, far more than many other champions, and more than qualifies for entry on this poll.

:anime: Lashley (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - It happened last month but didn't air till the end of this one, so Lashley remained champion through most of October, before finally loosing the belt. Take your chance to vote for him now if you've been enjoying what he has been doing in TNA as Champion.

:rudebox: Bobby Roode (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - After a long time bitching and whining and frustrated and trying any manner of dirty shenanigans to get his title back, Bobby Roode finally found what he was looking for when he turned face and got the people behind him. After attempts to beat Eric Young for the title failed he began to show respect for the champion and get it in turn, and so when Lashley eventually took the belt from him it was Roode who would eventually topple him and get the belt back. One of TNA's seemingly rare talents who manages to rise above the myriad problems that promotion faces, it's nice to hear that he has the belt back - but nice enough to get your vote?

:reject: Another Lousy Month of Options (None of the Above Champion) - Not happy with the options available? Pissed at the lack of title defenses from various champions? Unimpresed by those who DID perform? Or do you just want to see the results? Tick this option for None of the Above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

At the time of my posting, no one has more votes than Bobby Lashley.

(three way tie with one vote)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Taking this last opportunity to vote for Big Bobby Lashley, if only because this is probably gonna be the last month TNA is on the poll.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
BROCK

LESNER

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is easy, Tana clearly deserves it this month after that match.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Nakamura cuz he got swag

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Voted Nakamura because Lesnar's not even really been on TV, and Tana just won the belt. Was tempted to vote for AJ, but he's a poo poo, so gently caress 'em.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

wasted my vote out of pity for roode because this may be one of the last few times we ever get to vote for anything tna in these threads

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Voted for Tanahashi, got to get my sweet prince at least one win this year

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
TOO SWEET ME

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

lesnar didn't even exist this month and anyone who votes for him is dumb

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We're almost close to the same total of votes we got last month, which is either good or bad, I forget which.

I'm surprised Tanahashi is winning at the moment. I mean, it's no surprise that people want to vote for him because he's great and all, but I thought more people would be voting for AJ for the final month of a pretty amazing title run.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Went Hulk. Him getting a very good match out of Cyber Kong deserves merit. Although it happened last night, I think his defense against Akira Tozawa will be the best title defense of November. I'm actually coming around on him as champion (although I'd still rather have Tozawa be champ.)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Brock Lesnar shouldn't be on this poll

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't forget to vote if you haven't, it's still close enough that a handful of guys could win it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was close, but just like in their matches AJ Styles just couldn't quite beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, who returns for the first time in over a year and a half to PSP Champion status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big Bobby "Big Depeche Mode Fan" Lashley (The Best Ever) will never win :smith:

• Locked thread