Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Post your favorite lunch food:

Back when I lived at home with my parents in Spain (españa) , my father (padre) would sometimes make swordfish and French fries. Usually we (nosotros) had whatever was in season and what my dad learned how to make (cocinar in this instance you tontarón) from simple lessons given by his older sister (conche) and from cooking shows on TV (karlos arguiñano). He would get swordfish (pez espada) and cook it on the grill with some garlic and (y) lemon. For the French (papas) fries (fritas) he would have me peel the potatoes (po-Tay-toes), cut them up, and brine them for a bit. Then he would fry them in olive oil, place them in a bowl lined with paper towels, drizzle sea salt on them, and wait for them to cool.

Nowadays i live in the USA (EEUU), not at home, and I refuse to even try swordfish here because (por que) I know it's not going to ever taste as good as a family meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

From the ages 6 - 15 my favorite lunch food was bologna and cheese sandwiches. Since then it's probably been anything other than bologna and cheese sandwiches.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
There's a hoagie place around here, more of a localized chain really, called Primo Hoagies

I like to get myself a Turkey Schwartzie* on Saturdays and watch college football

*Turkey Reuben in hoagie form

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

There's a cafe near where I work that sells chicken and avocado sandwiches. When I used to work day shifts I would eat one of those for lunch every day. Never got sick of them, I would still eat them every day if I was there at lunch time.

• Locked thread