Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Argh, I tried to get Yuengling here and the beer distributor had never heard of it. Can't get it delivered either :(

Kind of forget what it tastes like so I've convinced myself it wasn't that good anyway, the best part was really the price.

Yuengling is corn based, so think of a higher quality Miller.

Yuengling. The greatest cheap beer you will ever drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

This incident is how the Americans learnt they enjoy hugely watered down beverages, which is why their beer is so poo poo.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

TCD posted:

Ahahahaha...

I've tried a ton of beer around the world, and Brit beer stands near the bottom - in fact, I'd say most East African beers are better that have a Belgium influence then that of all the British ales, lagers, and cask ales. Considering the micro and macro (micro beers that have made it), the US kicks the poo poo out of the UK like we're reliving Yorktown all over again.

I've been searching high and low for good micro beer in the UK, and while I've found some decent ones, I'm sorry to say even my small town of 50,000 people still makes better beer than the whole of this island.

If you can source some Williams Brothers Ceaser Augustas or joker you'll be winning. Could drink the former til my eyes floated out.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Miller High Life: the champagne of beers.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

The best beer is free beer.

That being said I've been on a scotch on the rocks run as of late. Probably has to do with the weather.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I only drink rum and mojitos to try and convince my body i'm on the beach and not in a freezing wasteland.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

JayKay posted:

The best beer is free beer.

That being said I've been on a scotch on the rocks run as of late. Probably has to do with the weather.

Close. The best beer is stolen beer.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Shooting Blanks posted:

Close. The best beer is stolen beer.

I was going to say Bourbon.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The best beer is makers mark

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

beanieson posted:

The best beer is buffalo trace

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

beanieson posted:

The best beer is the blood of newborns

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

beanieson posted:

The best beer is Laphroaig 10.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Lowenbrau all the way.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Cops don't know poo poo about bourbon. Pappy Van Winkle if you're feeling spendy, Four Roses Single Barrel if you're not.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

The best beer is Forty Creek

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Pappy Van Winkle if you're feeling spendy, Four Roses Single Barrel if you're not.

Concur

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Evan Williams. Some of us are real civil servants. Clearly the rest of you all are plants.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
South Dakota: where fur trading is still a thing

TRADE THAT DEER SKIN FOR SOME GLOVES ON THE OREGON TRAIL YEE HAAWWW

I went to high school with a kid who would spotlight raccoons all night and come to school in the morning with a pickup bed full of dead animals to sell the fur.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
So as it turns out the lawyer that started that big stink here in Wisconsin about the armored truck at the old fellows house to help with the property enforcement is in fact up in front of the state supreme court to get his license yanked for being a scummy attorney. Accusations include sleeping with clients and not returning left over client fees.:confuoot:

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

TCD posted:

I've tried a ton of beer around the world, and Brit beer stands near the bottom - in fact, I'd say most East African beers are better that have a Belgium influence then that of all the British ales, lagers, and cask ales.

Don't tease me with this poo poo.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Untagged posted:

Evan Williams. Some of us are real civil servants. Clearly the rest of you all are plants.

EW Single Barrel used to be a really solid buy at like $25/btl, but it's been harder to find in my area the last few years.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

EW Single Barrel used to be a really solid buy at like $25/btl, but it's been harder to find in my area the last few years.

Usually the go to. Although just Picked up some cheap "Alabama Whiskey" the other day it was p good. Did not know it existed.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Homie S posted:

Don't tease me with this poo poo.

Sorry bro. I will pour a little out for you tonight.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

TCD posted:

Ahahahaha...

I've tried a ton of beer around the world, and Brit beer stands near the bottom - in fact, I'd say most East African beers are better that have a Belgium influence then that of all the British ales, lagers, and cask ales. Considering the micro and macro (micro beers that have made it), the US kicks the poo poo out of the UK like we're reliving Yorktown all over again.

I've been searching high and low for good micro beer in the UK, and while I've found some decent ones, I'm sorry to say even my small town of 50,000 people still makes better beer than the whole of this island.

I grew up in the UK but moved to the US 12 years ago*. American craft beer is amazing and diverse in ways most British pub drinkers or even bearded real ale obsessives cannot comprehend. I still haven't been able to find a proper hoppy IPA in a pub in London on any of my more recent visits. Criticizing American beer as terrible is as outdated and ignorant a stereotype as criticizing British food as terrible.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I was with you until your last sentence but lets not get crazy

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

DrakeriderCa posted:

I was with you until your last sentence but lets not get crazy

I think by British food he actually meant Indian food.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Shooting Blanks posted:

I think by British food he actually meant Indian food.

A Common Mistake (in Britain)

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Roll Tide. :getin:.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Untagged posted:

Roll Tide. :getin:.

ugh-u

was really hoping florida would win though

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
hockey

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I have to say, I love Anchor Steam and a lot of American IPA but your Whisky and Bourbon is garbage. The Japs do it best, if you've not had a decent Hibiki or Yamazaki then you haven't lived. Makes Laphroaigh taste like dishwater. I tanned a bottle of Kilchoman single cask the other night, liked it so bad I grabbed another bottle the next morning.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Tyro posted:

Sorry bro. I will pour a little out for you tonight.

Homie, if it makes you feel any better, I did find a decent micro IPA last night.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
NYPD needs to shut it's filthy god damned loving mouth

http://www.newser.com/story/199207/nypds-new-goal-clean-up-cops-foul-mouths.html

quote:

(Newser) – The New York Police Department has a new deputy commissioner, and he's already on a mission. Michael Julian intends to cut down cursing among New York's cops, the New York Post reports. One reason for that: 30% of complaints against cops "involve a curse word," Julian says. "It’s all about a New York attitude. New Yorkers like to curse," he notes. "But you can change. And when we teach them …They will see that they are doing it for effect and they don’t have to do it anymore."

Julian, who's the head of police training, says ending cursing is "not that hard," Capital New York reports. "Commanders have done it in their own precincts, so that’s an easy one, the language." Julian is also fighting to reduce the use of "unnecessary force," he says. "New York City cops are not brutal. You don’t see the Rodney-King-type force, (but) you see the extra kick and the punch," he notes. "They have to get in control of their emotions and the adrenaline."

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Anyone who has played Destiny with me knows I swear a lot when not working

I don't swear out of the office, or at least try my hardest not to. It really is not hard.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
"human being. Retard. gently caress."

There. There are the three words (and variations of them) that you will hear most commonly come out an officer's mouth. He is going to get so much backlash.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Dec.'14 Police Officer Thread: Donate to Darren Wilson's Kickstarter in here

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

GunForumMeme posted:

"human being. Retard. gently caress."

There. There are the three words (and variations of them) that you will hear most commonly come out an officer's mouth. He is going to get so much backlash.

If you were caught using the word "human being" over here you'd probably be sacked. It's a no go. Disgusting word. Retard isn't good either.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Dec.'14 Police Officer Thread: Donate to Darren Wilson's Kickstarter in here

Surprisingly we didn't get many death threats in this thread. Are we losing our touch?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Hezzy posted:

If you were caught using the word "human being" over here you'd probably be sacked. It's a no go. Disgusting word. Retard isn't good either.

What about "poofter"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hezzy posted:

I thought human being just meant cigarette over there :confused:

• Locked thread