Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Menamino posted:

I'm sort of a believer in that Thanksgiving rule that people talk about with the standings. So reading all these sad posts about down metro teams has me believing that the islanders will safely make the playoffs but also that the metro will have 5 teams with legit shots at mcdavid/eichel and I'd rather not see them in my division for the next 10 years, it has enough superstar caliber talent already thanks

My rule is basically Christmas. If you're a couple games under .500 at Thanksgiving you can still easily turn it around, but by Christmas if you suck, you give yourself a big uphill climb, and if you're 10 games over like the Isles are by then, even if you don't play well the rest of the season you'll probably make the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zodijackylite posted:

38-34-42
28-32-34
31-23-29
31-31-36

:corsair:

I bet those locker room chats are a hoot, Josefson probably terrified that the only thing to talk about once you hit 30 is wives and getting fat.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Are you serious, I was kidding when I said that. It's a good move because Zajac and Henrique are both out and Gomez showed some promise in training camp but to me he's nothing more than a fourth-line center who might or might not be effective. This team is still a disaster and I'm expecting a bottom 8-10 finish out of them this year.
I know you were kidding. Point is, I'm not sure he can even play NHL-level hockey poorly at this point. He was an OK possession guy on a deep Sharks team and was bad in Florida.

What's with Lou taking on all these ex-Sharks? He's got Havlat, Clowe, Goc, and Gomez now.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Pretty sure Goc plays for the Penguins

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh man, nhlstats had the Devils average age being 2 full years older than the 2nd oldest team in the league, and I think that was before they added Gomez.

Also Montreal went from middle of the pack to 4th oldest team in the league after adding Gonchar and Allen.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

tofes posted:

Pretty sure Goc plays for the Penguins
Brain fart, there are too many former Sharks third line centers floating around the league

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
calling Gomez an ex-Shark is like calling Gretzky an ex-Blue

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Zodijackylite posted:

38-34-42
28-32-34
31-23-29
31-31-36

:corsair:

Only two of those are younger than me.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Scott Gomez is #1 at putting the puck on target and that target is the middle of the goalie's chest, always

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

calling Gomez an ex-Shark is like calling Gretzky an ex-Blue

ex-devil igor larionov

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

what a sad quote :smith:

Geeez that sucks :smith:. I feel bad for him that for his past few years he had to deal with Melnyk's increasing insanity.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Adrian Dater is a noted Twitter creep. I'm so happy he's going to get fired soon.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Excited to see who is next in the ongoing purge of hockey twitter creeps

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Poonerman posted:

Excited to see who is next in the ongoing purge of hockey twitter creeps

it's me

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
If there was ever a time to have a "when will Scott Gomez score" grid, this is the one.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

xzzy posted:

I bet those locker room chats are a hoot, Josefson probably terrified that the only thing to talk about once you hit 30 is wives and getting fat.

Weird, why would they be talking about Brodeur?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
@andystrickland: Marty Brodeur says he discussed St Louis and the #stlblues with Cam Janssen before accepting tryout #njdevils

"The benches here are the comfiest in the league"

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

DOOMocrat posted:

During the Bush administration?

The Bush Sr. administration, maybe.

Charles De Mar
Jun 8, 2010

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 23m23 minutes ago
I would put good money on Brodeur signing with #stlblues Tuesday and playing on the upcoming road trip.

i want to die

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Yes

YES

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Charles De Mar posted:

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 23m23 minutes ago
I would put good money on Brodeur signing with #stlblues Tuesday and playing on the upcoming road trip.

i want to die

lol make it happen, blues

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
NHL N/V December: Martin Brodeur is a St. Louis Blue

(someone start the next topic)

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

On it.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Martin Brodeur will wear the jersey of another NHL team in an official capacity. Jesus.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I really don't get why this Brodeur thing is such an emotional event for everyone.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

MaoistBanker posted:

Martin Brodeur will wear the jersey of another NHL team in an official capacity. Jesus.

Did I miss the dogs lying down with cats part?

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Brodeur is going to do something stupid like win the Conn Smythe this year.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Welcome to December:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685167

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Poonerman posted:

NHL N/V December: Martin Brodeur is a St. Louis Blue

(someone start the next topic)

NHL N/V December: And you thought Ferguson was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

bewbies posted:

I really don't get why this Brodeur thing is such an emotional event for everyone.

i made my peace with it several months ago

• Locked thread