Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Keep on reachin for that rainbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Oilers are back baby.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Jordan7hm posted:

That's really cool. Manon Rheaume's time in the IHL / ECHL was probably equivalent in terms of how high a female has played as a pro, but it seems like Raty might actually be good enough to stick.

Ooh, yea, of course, forgot about Rheaume.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

DOOMocrat posted:

Also the Dalai Lama was a former slave owner but this is not the thread for that :v:

I have a bridge to sell you.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

How're the Leafs not on this list?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

The Dirty Burger posted:

And yet Carolina is still "beating" them.

Jeff Marek brought up a good point the other day, GMs talk every day via text, email, phone. Every day. (Personal aside: I had the chance to talk to Chuck Fletcher a few months ago and he said he probably talks to every GM in the league every 3 days - to gauge interest and see what people need and who is available. By the way, Chuck Fletcher made it very clear to me that the idea of a player being "off-limits" is a completely fan created construct. GMs would be run out of certain towns if fans knew the types of conversations GMs have every day. IE, "What do you want for Claude Giroux?")

Long story short: Can you imagine the conversations Tim Murray and Ron Francis are having? Obviously hockey trades are designed to solve an issue each side has, but in this case aren't both teams trying actively to get worse?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/528653573656424448

Flyers dads :3:

Rinaldo's dad actually looks exactly like I would expect

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

From the October thread:

quote:

not sure if you watched on TV or you were there but holy gently caress it was miserable. I was in a sea of leafs fans and they were all yelling obnoxiously at the back of my head while we got smashed. it took every fiber of my being to not leave early. these are trying times as a jackets fan.

at least we are playing the canes next week. I'm getting upper bowl seats to that game so if we lose I can just jump and kill myself.

I was in the upper bowl, and it was 90% Columbus fans up there. Most of the lower bowl were Leafs fans, though.

It was lovely for the Jackets, and personally for me it would've been lovely if it was any other team. I root for the Leafs as well, so I didn't have an issue with it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Lupuls boneitis to keep him out three weeks

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Boomer The Cannon posted:

From the October thread:

I was in the upper bowl, and it was 90% Columbus fans up there. Most of the lower bowl were Leafs fans, though.

It was lovely for the Jackets, and personally for me it would've been lovely if it was any other team. I root for the Leafs as well, so I didn't have an issue with it.

I plan to go to a jackets game this fall or winter. Can someone recommend me a place to stay that's near the stadium? And other fun things to do there

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Brian Gibbons also makes his CBJ debut tonight.

RC Cola posted:

I plan to go to a jackets game this fall or winter. Can someone recommend me a place to stay that's near the stadium? And other fun things to do there

What's your price range hotel-wise? There's a Crowne Plaza, a Hyatt, and a nearly-new Hilton within walking distance. Apparently the Hilton was one of the things that got Columbus an All-Star Game (something about insufficient suites in the Arena District before it opened).

The RBar is a hockey bar which is unanimously said to be a cool place. If you've got kids/are kids at heart, there's COSI nearby, which is a hands-on science museum.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Who do you guys think is going to win tonight the Oilers or the Canucks. Could be a chance for Eberle to get on the board but its looking rough for the boys in blue and orange - hard to call this one

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm glad that Buffalo is really bad so that I can continue my yearly pilgrimage to watch Tay Tay for 50 bucks on the glass.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wayne Gretzky posted:

Who do you guys think is going to win tonight the Oilers or the Canucks. Could be a chance for Eberle to get on the board but its looking rough for the boys in blue and orange - hard to call this one

The Canucks have been playing well but the Oilers sure do love to beat them so you can be sure they're going to play their hardest.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Wayne Gretzky posted:

well with Burrows out, TOM SESTITO is in, so you can expect at least 3 sniped goals from him :barf:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

The Canucks have been playing well but the Oilers sure do love to beat them so you can be sure they're going to play their hardest.

lol the Canucks regularly smoke the Oilers

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

MassaShowtime posted:

I think the Oilers have got a chance.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

CBJSprague24 posted:

Brian Gibbons also makes his CBJ debut tonight.

What's your price range hotel-wise? There's a Crowne Plaza, a Hyatt, and a nearly-new Hilton within walking distance. Apparently the Hilton was one of the things that got Columbus an All-Star Game (something about insufficient suites in the Arena District before it opened).

The RBar is a hockey bar which is unanimously said to be a cool place. If you've got kids/are kids at heart, there's COSI nearby, which is a hands-on science museum.

I stayed at the Hilton a few years ago, it was a nice hotel, maybe 3 blocks from the arena. lots of neat pubs to pregame at right around the arena, it's really built for pedestrian traffic. I went at the start of playoffs, so didn't get a chance to catch a game, but I did check out their minor league baseball team which was pretty fun, so if you go later in the year, check them out as well.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MassaShowtime posted:

just wait till Sestito is out and then do anything to get him angry - you guys will be on the PP all night

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I think the Oilers have got a chance.

bold statement

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fozzie Bear posted:

I stayed at the Hilton a few years ago, it was a nice hotel, maybe 3 blocks from the arena. lots of neat pubs to pregame at right around the arena, it's really built for pedestrian traffic. I went at the start of playoffs, so didn't get a chance to catch a game, but I did check out their minor league baseball team which was pretty fun, so if you go later in the year, check them out as well.

Yeah, here's the full list of what to do down there. Even if you stay away from the AD, there's plenty of parking on a game day. http://arenadistrict.com/

Huntington Park is awesome (both it and Nationwide are spectacular) and Clippers tickets are reasonably priced. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but a Clippers game is a good time. Splurge for the Tansky Club. Private area behind home plate with your own concession area for $20.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The Ducks finally iced Fowler-Vatanen against Dallas and it looked really good! I hope they give that pairing a shot even when Lovejoy gets back.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I would legit rather just play with one less forward than with Tom Sestito.

Or call up Shintaruk or something for super sheltered minutes.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

We went to R Bar for the first time last night - It's a hole in the wall, but it's got good food and is reasonably priced. I was impressed.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Since I'm just waitin and chillin before the Oilers play, someone tell me about cool things to do in Buffalo (besides leaving).

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Edit: v thanks

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 2, 2014

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
There is a fantasy hockey thread in the fantasy sports subforum.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

HookShot posted:

I would legit rather just play with one less forward than with Tom Sestito.

tell me about it

remember the few times last season when sestito pretended to be a legitimate 4th liner? Maybe he could do that tonight instead of being a gorilla with skates

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

JawKnee posted:

remember the few times last season when sestito pretended to be a legitimate 4th liner?

no

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There isn't really even a dude that would fight him on the oilers.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Maybe the Nuge will feel frisky again.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

also an acceptable response

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

JawKnee posted:

tell me about it

remember the few times last season when sestito pretended to be a legitimate 4th liner? Maybe he could do that tonight instead of being a gorilla with skates

those were a pretty good like four shifts, yeah

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

finally got a hockeystreams account. invite was immediately sent to my girlfriend's email address. apparently my email screams "federal agent" or something. oh well, watching the pens pummel the sabres now! pretty excited

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Does anyone know why all the sponsor logos in the ACC are mauve?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Does anyone know why all the sponsor logos in the ACC are mauve?

Cancer awareness thing I assume.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Tyler Bozak, you really do loving suck...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

finally got a hockeystreams account. invite was immediately sent to my girlfriend's email address. apparently my email screams "federal agent" or something. oh well, watching the pens pummel the sabres now! pretty excited

They could tell you were a pens fan.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Get ready for McIlrath ya'll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Angry Asian posted:

Tyler Bozak, you really do loving suck...

Carlyle played his line more minutes over Kadri's because faceoffs. The result being that David Clarkson played 6 minutes more than Kessel.

• Locked thread