Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tom Gorman posted:

Soriano had such a weird swing. He would take some of the worst looking cuts I've ever seen from an MLB professional but it worked pretty often and when it did it looked awesome as hell.

The HR over the monster at 2:10 is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIr0yITvdq4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Scrotos posted:

Expect every piece of property that goes up for sale with in a block of Wrigley to be bough by the Ricketts.

Also it can not be used for Cubs office space. The Cubs did not buy it, the Ricketts' property company did.

I'm willing to rent out my apartment if I can still sleep on my bed. Jed and Theo can use my couch and tv to do Cubs stuff and I'll pop in to make suggestions.

Maybe this could be a reality show...

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Popete posted:

I'm willing to rent out my apartment if I can still sleep on my bed. Jed and Theo can use my couch and tv to do Cubs stuff and I'll pop in to make suggestions.

Maybe this could be a reality show...

I'm thinking sitcom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMVIZ4nuAfE

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

N: Dodgers just signed Farhan Zaidi to be their GM.

V: Dodgers have a pretty crazy front office now. It was only a matter of time until he left Oakland.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Twitter is saying Brad Halsey died. 33 is pretty young.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Senf posted:

N: Dodgers just signed Farhan Zaidi to be their GM.

V: Dodgers have a pretty crazy front office now. It was only a matter of time until he left Oakland.

They have way too many GM's in that front office now. Maybe it's going to become a sitcom?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rand alPaul posted:

They have way too many GM's in that front office now. Maybe it's going to become a sitcom?

They'll start attending practice and get starts in the outfield just to further piss off Matt Kemp.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

tadashi posted:

Alfonso Soriano has retired. Goodnight, sweet prince. Sorry you got booed all those times for being the Cubs' best player.

He was a good fuckin' dude, amortization of contract via HRs or not.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Uniform changes

I think the only difference in the Mets home jersey is going from cream to white. Kill the camo jersey with fire. At least there's no more black alt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tadashi posted:

Alfonso Soriano has retired. Goodnight, sweet prince. Sorry you got booed all those times for being the Cubs' best player.

RIP the hop

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I liked the off white home pinstripes.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
That Mr. Met hat is bad rear end.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Abner Assington posted:

That Mr. Met hat is bad rear end.

yes i don't know anything about the mets or national league baseball but I might actually wear one of those

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Mr. Met hat looks like a marketing person saw the Mr. Redlegs hat and thought, "but what if it wasn't staring through my soul?"

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That Mr. Met logo has been around forever.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Harlock posted:

Uniform changes

I think the only difference in the Mets home jersey is going from cream to white. Kill the camo jersey with fire. At least there's no more black alt

I've always been a fan of black (or at least dark colored) alts, and was a fan of the Mets version. I guess I'm a loner in that aspect.

God that camo is awful though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Doublepost but reports are coming out that A-Rod admitted PED use (from Anthony Bosch) to the DEA during the Biogenesis investigation.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

seiferguy posted:

Doublepost but reports are coming out that A-Rod admitted PED use (from Anthony Bosch) to the DEA during the Biogenesis investigation.

I, for one, am shocked.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

canadianclassic posted:

yes i don't know anything about the mets or national league baseball but I might actually wear one of those
I'm a strict Reds-only person when it comes to the National League so I lucked out bandwagoning on the O's because their home hats are pretty awesome too.

(I still wear an Expos hat, but they don't exist anymore, so they don't count.)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Apparently two-time World Series winner and GRITMASTER Ryan Theriot popped off on Twitter about the Dodgers' new GM. Or more specifically, any GMs that aren't former players, since they're apparently not qualified to make decisions.

Nevermind the fact that I'm pretty sure Theriot played more seasons for teams without a former-player-GM than the opposite, and he can probably thank the stupidity of "playing experience beats management experience" for his employment.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I wonder if he has ever seen RIOT.mp4

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
Sabean played in college (which is what normally counts) and Mozeliak's original job in baseball was as a BP pitcher.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

seiferguy posted:

Reported by the Miami Herald and apparently confirmed by a number of other sources. Rodriguez was facing Federal Obstruction charges, so he made a sworn statement admitting PED usage to the DEA in exchange for immunity.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Angels traded Hank Conger to the Astros. Getting Carlos Perez and Nick Tropeano

Mike Scioscia is so picky about is catchers

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm not sure what the Astros are gaining here

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Harlock posted:

Basically taking a shot on another former prospect, probably. Goldstein's trying to catch 'em all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tropeano no :(

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Conger puts a hell of a swing on the ball. It doesn't go very far, but it sure is a swing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Here I am watching Astros fans cling to any form of hope, arguing that he's 4th in the league in runs above average on pitch framing

e: lol Conger's #2 comp on BBR is Carlos Corporan, the Astros current backup catcher

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 5, 2014

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14q8lkJVl1A

Bye Conger you were supposed to be good but looked really really bad very often. Conger is supposedly a very good pitch framer but holy poo poo he has some of the ugliest throws to second on steals I've ever seen.

Tropeano looks pretty good and Perez looks like he's ready to be Congers replacement already so I don't know why the Astros traded them other than pitch framing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah Tropeano was probably the 4th or 5th starter on paper heading into next season, I have no idea what the Astros are thinking trading him for a backup catcher who's more or less the same as their current backup catcher

Unless they're planning to trade Castro and make Conger the everyday :eyepop:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Harlock posted:

The cargo cultists have mentioned pitch framing as the upside for getting Conger, which...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love how the Astros traded their likely backup catcher and a starter for a backup catcher.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Maybe they're about to spend a lot on pitching so they don't need that guy anyway.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Conger was a cool guy and the remaining member of the 3 Amigos (Trumbo, Bourjos, Conger). Tropeano had pretty good PCL stats last year, weird move for the Astros.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm assuming it's going to be a Castro/Conger platooon which isn't necessarily a terrible idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to trade Castro for Astros Reasons.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tadashi posted:

Maybe they're about to spend a lot on pitching so they don't need that guy anyway.

Heh

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014
Remember when the Angels were a punching bag because they just LOOOVED a good framer? Good poo poo.
Oh but now we have this number you see, so it's all figured out.
Done thinking! Now I have to defend my honor against this low-hanging fruit! Time to get my FJM on.

MICHAEL SHUR WHERE HAVE YOU GONE

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
CAL NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Angels also traded milb starter Mark Sappington to the Rays for lefty longman Cesar Ramos. Sappington looks like he struggled pretty badly in AA and went back to A+ halfway through the year last year, and Ramos looks like he doesn't have much of a L/R split going for him and his number don't look very good. I guess he'll got a shot at being a lefty in the pen next year.

• Locked thread