Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Feels like bullying again guys. Does it feel good to you? Pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gregor Samsa posted:

He has estalished himself as custom-title level stupid.

Hmm. How can I be less stupid please Greggy?

Mods, note I am merely responding to uncalled for abuse. Not instigating a thing.
Edit: also note I'd let it go, the discussion moved on until two new pieces of abuse were thrown my way.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 5, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think the general prescription is more lurking.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress that, been here for years. Not said a thing out of order recently.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

ICHIBAHN posted:

gently caress that, been here for years. Not said a thing out of order recently.

okay then stop being a dweeb and be chill, we're not generally mean here

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Feels like bullying again guys. Does it feel good to you? Pathetic.

Show me on the dummy how he held your toes.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I am chill. I'm chill as gently caress. All I said was I figured mayhem would've been liked around here. Then two idiots had a go, I told them to gently caress off quite rightly, then a lot of poo poo. Anyway, move on. Ariel loves beards apparently. What a dork.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Hmm. How can I be less stupid please Greggy?

Mods, note I am merely responding to uncalled for abuse. Not instigating a thing.
Edit: also note I'd let it go, the discussion moved on until two new pieces of abuse were thrown my way.

You've posted a lot of stupid poo poo, and people have responded by pointing out you've said a lot of stupid poo poo, and you've responded like an angry infant. This pattern is likely to repeat itself. Either ignore it, or respond with something funny instead of "gently caress off" or angry gibberish, because if I open a page of a thread and see a couple of funny burns from other posters and a bunch of shitposts from you, you're the one getting probated. I'm not your dad (probably) and I don't care who started it.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Can he beat 9?

oh invariably, justin bieber

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Yuriy posted:

jim hettes vs diego brandao at ufc 183

Jimmy Hettes is still a thing? I remember he seemed like he was going somewhere a couple of years ago, then Brimage starched him and we realised that Hettes had only beaten Nam Phan and Bruce Leeroy.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think we're being trolled fellow pro posters.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

I get a huge kick out of Arial's Larry David antics on the MMAhour.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

You've posted a lot of stupid poo poo, and people have responded by pointing out you've said a lot of stupid poo poo, and you've responded like an angry infant. This pattern is likely to repeat itself. Either ignore it, or respond with something funny instead of "gently caress off" or angry gibberish, because if I open a page of a thread and see a couple of funny burns from other posters and a bunch of shitposts from you, you're the one getting probated. I'm not your dad (probably) and I don't care who started it.

Fatherdog confirmed as the Bonnar to Ichiban's Diego

mewse
May 2, 2006

You know what asparagus is.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Holy poo poo. I just realised Charlie Brenneman is on the Brazil card. How the gently caress is he still around? He had that one, fleeting victory over obscurity 3 years ago, and now is somehow on every second card.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Snowman_McK posted:

Holy poo poo. I just realised Charlie Brenneman is on the Brazil card. How the gently caress is he still around? He had that one, fleeting victory over obscurity 3 years ago, and now is somehow on every second card.

He was gone for over a year, racked up an undefeated B league record in that span, then came back as a late replacement. That probably earned him enough brownie points to have a few more fights.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Charlie seriously hates his own skull. I wonder if he ever browses the web and watches gifs of his hair bouncing around in awe.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He was gone for over a year, racked up an undefeated B league record in that span, then came back as a late replacement. That probably earned him enough brownie points to have a few more fights.

Which is fair enough, the dudes a pretty poo poo fighter but he at least makes things entertaining.

I don't mind Ariel in small doses, I like his short five or ten minute interviews he does with guys around the place and it's kind of funny how he trolls Dana white by asking leading questions to guys who're going to say poo poo. That being said he should tone it down a little bit and realise if he acted just a touch more professionally as a journalist he'd probably double his income and get a lot more unfettered access.

Something I was thinking about as well now that I mention it. Our old mate Joe Rogan was pretty heavily front an centre when the Fox deal first happened (requesting the rogan wtf? face gif with flaming junior and cain) but I don't recall ever seeing him on a fox broadcast or panel for a long, long while. Has there been any scuttlebutt about why? I figured the whole weed advocate and the way SJWs are about what they perceive to be mysogny or whatever in his podcast might have had Fox politely ask the UFC to get another smiley suit man to fill his role or was he not bothered because he's a busy enough dude as it is.

mewse
May 2, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Something I was thinking about as well now that I mention it. Our old mate Joe Rogan was pretty heavily front an centre when the Fox deal first happened (requesting the rogan wtf? face gif with flaming junior and cain) but I don't recall ever seeing him on a fox broadcast or panel for a long, long while. Has there been any scuttlebutt about why? I figured the whole weed advocate and the way SJWs are about what they perceive to be mysogny or whatever in his podcast might have had Fox politely ask the UFC to get another smiley suit man to fill his role or was he not bothered because he's a busy enough dude as it is.

I think Rogan is still 50% of the broadcast booth A-team and anything he does outside that will be for his personal interests instead of grabbing more of those sweet fox bux. He does a podcast, he did fear factor again, he did JR questions everything, his career seems pretty healthy despite not sitting beside Jay Glazer for awkward football-esque desk chats

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Rogan's openly said that if he had to choose between announcing UFC and his standup tours he'd pick the standup tours. He's missed one or two shows this year because they conflicted with his standup; it's likely he just has no interest in trying to work around the schedule of a regular Fox gig.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'd like to think that whenever he's in danger of being cut, he just whispers "Hey, remember that time I ruined Rick Story's career? Brandon Thatch is doing well, got a good streak. Be a shame if something happened to it."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Snowman_McK posted:

I'd like to think that whenever he's in danger of being cut, he just whispers "Hey, remember that time I ruined Rick Story's career? Brandon Thatch is doing well, got a good streak. Be a shame if something happened to it."

Except the kind of violence Thatch is capable of is so far beyond anything Story could hope to perpetrate against someone.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

What's the timetable on Thatch coming back?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

Except the kind of violence Thatch is capable of is so far beyond anything Story could hope to perpetrate against someone.

Gotta actually fight for that to matter. Story has violenced four times since the last time we saw Thatch. His total violences per hour output seems to be better.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Snowman_McK posted:

I don't know if the Brazilian dude he's fighting is actually any good but if Brenneman loses again on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if it was three and out for him.

I saw an updated commercial for the card the other day during football and I did like how they seamlessly subbed in Rogan saying "Ovince St. Preux is a destroyer" for "Jimi Manuwa is a destroyer."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rogan also said if the UFC told him it was them or the podcast he'd pick the podcast

:stare:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

I remember Brenneman should have lost to Rick Story. Probably in the first. Somehow he won. Brenneman is some kind of Quantum anomaly.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Snowman_McK posted:

I remember Brenneman should have lost to Rick Story. Probably in the first. Somehow he won. Brenneman is some kind of Quantum anomaly.

He's basically one of those people from Final Destination who finds away to avoid his pre-ordained fate, and then goes through the rest of their life narrowly avoiding death. He's going to get hit by a derailed train during his next fight (which will, coincidentally, be an apt metaphor for Rick Story).

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

What's the timetable on Thatch coming back?

Not soon enough.

I think they'll try to put him on that Boston card if he's ready by then. That would be perfect for him. or the big FOX card the next weekend but I don't think UFC is quite trying to push him that much yet.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

Not soon enough.

I think they'll try to put him on that Boston card if he's ready by then. That would be perfect for him. or the big FOX card the next weekend but I don't think UFC is quite trying to push him that much yet.

He's got that Carlos Condit quality of being a lethal striker while looking like the bass player in some cool band. Gliss, or the Vandelles or something.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I wasn't sure who Brandon Thatch was so looked him up. He's had one loss, which was a split decision, and eleven wins- all of which were finishes in the first round :stare:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

I wasn't sure who Brandon Thatch was so looked him up. He's had one loss, which was a split decision, and eleven wins- all of which were finishes in the first round :stare:

He has four wins lasting less than twenty seconds. I think he might be Blade or something.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

He is the new breed gangly violence monster. I hope he does not get wrestled.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't know who he was either... then I watched a 4 minute highlight reel of his fights. There was more violence there than GSP's whole title reign. Does he have Condit-esque takedown defense to balance things out? Would definitely pay :20bux: to watch him fight Robbie Lawler or Matt Brown. drat.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
mark hunt owns

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
this guy gets it

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I out myself as a supporter of Brendan Schaub in his next fight against Travis Browne.His rendition of the song "Big Dick Bandits" won me :allears:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Rogan also said if the UFC told him it was them or the podcast he'd pick the podcast

He probably has gently caress you money so it doesn't surprise me .He may love the gig in the UFC , but the podcast and weird spin offs are his babies , he can do or say whatever the gently caress he wants and not have to explain anything.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I like Charlie Brenneman because he is sponsored by Sheetz and has cool hair

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

John Romero posted:

mark hunt owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think he's saying stuff like this to retain his independence. If it actually came down to the UFC or his podcast we could see him bend, or change his mind at a later date.

• Locked thread