Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I just put together the G-Arcane and it is a gorgeous kit. It's a partial partsformer, but looks really good in both modes. The gun sword is rad as hell. The only downside? It's orange as gently caress. It didn't look anything like the box pictures, box art, or anime in terms of color. If you get this kit and want proper colors, prepare to paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mephiston posted:

GM/GM Really takes a liking to even half arsed panel lining, too.

That looks at least three-quarter arsed compared to my Evas (I decided Unit 02 need company, so 00 is coming together even now).

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I see it everywhere here so I think I know the answer, but is the MG Dynames a good fun build?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I see it everywhere here so I think I know the answer, but is the MG Dynames a good fun build?

Yes.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1267625833620856832?s=19

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Huh. Guess we just need the Deathscythe and we have all four operation Meteor gundams as modern HGs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

holy poo poo it's really happening

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1267629546754330624?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So do we reckon the EW version will be P-Bandai or a regular release?

edit: Hoo-boy, looks like everyone's favourite :emo: Astray-using antagonist from Build Divers is turning up in ReRise with a new Astray. I actually quite like that design, but the armor cowl looks just a little too transparently done on the cheap so they can make it an HGBC pack with its lack of colour separation.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 2, 2020

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So do we reckon the EW version will be P-Bandai or a regular release?

The EW version is already out and is P-bandai.

d3lness posted:

I just put together the G-Arcane and it is a gorgeous kit. It's a partial partsformer, but looks really good in both modes. The gun sword is rad as hell. The only downside? It's orange as gently caress. It didn't look anything like the box pictures, box art, or anime in terms of color. If you get this kit and want proper colors, prepare to paint.

The G-Arcane is orange though?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Looks like the Best Hit Chronicles didn't sell as well as Bandai hoped because part 3 is PBandai.

It's a 1/1 Cup Noodle.

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/besthit_chronicle/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They probably should've started with the cup noodle, that seems like it has a more universal appeal than the miniature consoles.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

RillAkBea posted:

Looks like the Best Hit Chronicles didn't sell as well as Bandai hoped because part 3 is PBandai.

It's a 1/1 Cup Noodle.

They even replicated the fact that the noodles barely fill half the cup. Shut up and take my money. :allears:

Unlucky7 posted:

My man do you really have to ask

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RillAkBea posted:

It's a 1/1 Cup Noodle.

gently caress gundam this is the real poo poo right here

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

It's a 1/1 Cup Noodle.

If I ever see that at a convention, I am absolutely getting one :shepspends:.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If I ever see that at a convention, I am absolutely getting one :shepspends:.

Yeah, if we ever have conventions again. The one I normally go to would have been last weekend. Maybe if I'm lucky, Crunchyroll Expo will still be on and I won't get Covid Con Crud and die before completing the kit. :sigh:

Lack of cons didn't stop me from spending any money, though. I just spent it all on Newtype instead of the Bluefin booth they usually have at Fanime. :shepspends:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

It's a 1/1 Cup Noodle.

hell loving yeah

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Done with the Chest part for the RG Unicorn. Still a really cool kit! Especially when I see how the transformation stuff works. My only thing is that I have a small gap between the Chest area and Waist. Not noticeable unless you are up close looking for it, but it mocks me.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another Grandpa variant/revision:

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1267727771926777867

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jun 2, 2020

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

For the uninitiated, what's the deal with that best hit chronicle cup of noodles?

Also holy poo poo, I want that Heavy Arms.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mephiston posted:

For the uninitiated, what's the deal with that best hit chronicle cup of noodles?

It's a weird joke crossover build sort of deal. Kind of like the gunpla factory printer build you can get for 12 bucks - A collector's item type of thing. I'm sure within 6-8 months of now there will be an utterly mindblowing Gundam hybrid with the Cup of Noddles thing full of lights and moving electronics, in the style of the Neo Zeong or some poo poo. Gundam gunpla has a shitton of brand crossovers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taintrunner posted:

It's a weird joke crossover build sort of deal. Kind of like the gunpla factory printer build you can get for 12 bucks - A collector's item type of thing. I'm sure within 6-8 months of now there will be an utterly mindblowing Gundam hybrid with the Cup of Noddles thing full of lights and moving electronics, in the style of the Neo Zeong or some poo poo. Gundam gunpla has a shitton of brand crossovers.

I'm surprised there hasn't been another 7-11 one in the past few years. Those ones rule and I am so happy I managed to get my hands on a 7-11 Unicorn just to have one of them :allears:.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Mephiston posted:

It's also part of a series of plamos based on best selling products.

The first 2 were 2/5 scale versions of the Sega Saturn and the original Playstation. They didn't sell very well though because it's a miniature non-functioning console and all the retro console fans I know already have piles of full-size nonfunctioning consoles. :v:

They already had the license in place with Nissin though so they played it safe and made the noodles a PB.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Looks like one done almost in Kawamori stylee.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Huh. Guess we just need the Deathscythe and we have all four operation Meteor gundams as modern HGs.

You forgot Shenlong.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yawn

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
So for modern RX-78s in 1/144 scale we now have/will have the Revive, origin version, this 40th anniversary version (not the industrial one), the simplified one and maybe the Real Grade. That makes what, 5 of them? And I'm not counting all the special event/store/memorial/crossover one-offs. How am I supposed to figure out which I should buy?

Well, the answer is probably none of them, seeing as I do have 2 Revives already. Though the Entry Grade is mighty attractive just out of curiosity. It looks like it's taking design elements from the 30 minutes line.

(Wait, I just remembered. The Origin line has a whole bunch of RX-78 prototypes as well. Gah! It's getting as bad here as the endless Zaku-flood.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
We still don't have the 78-2 Origin in 1/144 yet but it is coming. The ones released so far from the Origin and MSD lines are all based on the 78-1 variants, which just means "grandaddy Gundam with thunder thighs and a dadbod belly and the occasional awful paint scheme"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

maninthesuit posted:

So for modern RX-78s in 1/144 scale we now have/will have the Revive, origin version, this 40th anniversary version (not the industrial one), the simplified one and maybe the Real Grade. That makes what, 5 of them? And I'm not counting all the special event/store/memorial/crossover one-offs. How am I supposed to figure out which I should buy?

Well, the answer is probably none of them, seeing as I do have 2 Revives already. Though the Entry Grade is mighty attractive just out of curiosity. It looks like it's taking design elements from the 30 minutes line.

(Wait, I just remembered. The Origin line has a whole bunch of RX-78 prototypes as well. Gah! It's getting as bad here as the endless Zaku-flood.)

The RX-78-02's used as a standard of measurement to show off all their new engineering techniques, it's long-term marketing as much as a model kit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The RX-78-02's used as a standard of measurement to show off all their new engineering techniques, it's long-term marketing as much as a model kit.

Sure, and it makes sense to have the exact same subject done repeatedly so you can easily compare the different versions and show how this one is similar to the one you already have, but better.

It’s just so boooooooooooooooring to see yet another RX-78 and I wish they’d move right from the Gundam into things they haven’t made before rather than make all the other stops like Wing Zero, Zaku, Zeta, Nu, Freedom, Unicorn etc etc before we finally see something new.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
I get that. I'm just joking that I'm unable to figure out which came first when presented with a line-up of the different models. Which is a real issue I have with the Zaku 2 which has the additional problem of being a mass-produced grunt suit used by everyone with half a name in Zeon. (probably one of the reasons why I've never bought one. The moment a shopping list goes beyond a page or 2 once I hit search, my eyes start to drift.)

And in all fairness, it does make perfect sense to have the ol papa gundam be the showboat whenever Bandai wants to show off their latest trick. Aside from the easy recognition that comes from being THE first Gundam ever, the RX-78 is a simple and uncluttered design. A collection of boxy shapes hailing from a time when televisions where low-resolution (and possibly still grey), no complicated gimmicks, no massive backpack or gun to mess up the center of gravity. It is one of the easier designs to adapt to new techniques and because there are no other distractions, said techniques stand out all the more.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

maninthesuit posted:

I get that. I'm just joking that I'm unable to figure out which came first when presented with a line-up of the different models. Which is a real issue I have with the Zaku 2 which has the additional problem of being a mass-produced grunt suit used by everyone with half a name in Zeon. (probably one of the reasons why I've never bought one. The moment a shopping list goes beyond a page or 2 once I hit search, my eyes start to drift.)

I was wondering if there was a 'definitive' Zaku II to get, not counting pilot-specific ones.

Also Zaku I is the uncanny valley version of Zaku II THERE I SAID IT

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I was wondering if there was a 'definitive' Zaku II to get, not counting pilot-specific ones.

Also Zaku I is the uncanny valley version of Zaku II THERE I SAID IT

Any of the Origin Zaku II HGs are great, get the one with the guns and other bits you most like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You guys were complaining that it's been like three months since they came out with a new Astray, right?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
you can preorder the cup noodle model from amiami if you don't wanna use pbandai

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

You guys were complaining that it's been like three months since they came out with a new Astray, right?

drat loving straight I was.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Be a real hero, have no 78-2s in your collection. Like me.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Droyer posted:

The G-Arcane is orange though?

Now that I've had a moment to take some pictures.

bruh

Bruh.

BRUH.

B̶̢̖͇̀͑̃̈͒͜ř̸͚̱͕̓̒ͅu̶̖̲̹̥͗̔h̸̯̣̲͚̐́̾̈́

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

d3lness posted:

Now that I've had a moment to take some pictures.

bruh

Bruh.

BRUH.

B̶̢̖͇̀͑̃̈͒͜ř̸͚̱͕̓̒ͅu̶̖̲̹̥͗̔h̸̯̣̲͚̐́̾̈́

I am not sure what you are trying to say?

EDIT: I guess that the model is a lighter shade of orange?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 3, 2020

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

We still don't have the 78-2 Origin in 1/144 yet but it is coming. The ones released so far from the Origin and MSD lines are all based on the 78-1 variants, which just means "grandaddy Gundam with thunder thighs and a dadbod belly and the occasional awful paint scheme"

Does this one not count?

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3700/

Arcsquad12 posted:

Looks like one done almost in Kawamori stylee.

It's supposedly an all Okawara redesign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Midjack posted:

Any of the Origin Zaku II HGs are great, get the one with the guns and other bits you most like.

Yes but C5 or C6?