Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I used a black panel liner on a white piece by accident rather than a grey one, what's the best way to get it off? Soap and water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

fyi, lookign at bandai's schedule, and the wodom pod is getting restocked around the middle of next month. I remember that going really quickly on a lot of us-based websites (maybe they underestimated demand?) so keep an eye out if you want that one.

Plus a bunch of the core gundam accessory kits.

Good, maybe I can find Marsfour swords that aren't SIXTY loving DOLLARS.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

These nippers are really solid, and you can usually get them for around thirty bucks if you do some light shopping around. Sanding sticks and sponges are nice, but you can get a pack of wet/dry sandpaper that'll last you a million years for the same price at the same grit.

Yeah I picked those up and they made a huge difference, I fully endorse those.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I tried this glass file and it seems to work well enough.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

You've also got the option of watching one of the shows with them. Although most Gundam shows are not for 5-year-olds I feel like Gundam Build Fighters (available on youtube officially) might be ok.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

I dare you to get kitbash every box there into a single build

Everything else balanced on top of the Wodom Pod.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Did a Maganac for my grunt build, nice kit but wow that head has just no articulation.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Argas posted:

The Leo's head has some articulation if you're not bottoming it out on the ball joint. Problem is it's super limited due to the head's chin being trapped between the two raised sections of its torso. The Maganac looks to have a similar issue?

Yeah, it would have normal articulation if it wasn’t trapped.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure based on what reviewers do that it's possible to build other RG kits that way, I guess it's just a matter of consistency with how other grades are assembled.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I'm looking to buy some items that were supposed to be in the Nov 30 restock. How long until they'd become available in the states?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nerobro posted:

HaroPla turns out to be... a blast if you have kids around. And at $7-14 a model... it's a great way to introduce people. My kiddos are (5 and 7) are able to go from zero to "complete haro" in about 20 minutes. And theyr'e excellent to acutally play with.

Don't buy the HaroLoader. Do buy the MobileHaro. :-) This is my review of HeroPla.

What's wrong with the HaroLoader?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

That’s too bad, was hoping to pick up both sometime but if the fitter is ok I can just grab that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Maybe the Build Custom Build Hands if you can find that?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

In addition to my Maganac I did a Daughtress:

Why the heck was that p-bandai?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Last build of the year, HGAW Airmaster Burst. I like the transformation, seems pretty solid and it's not too bad to pull off.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Working on my Christmas pile, HER-SELF Mobile Doll Sarah's hair is bigger than her entire torso.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CapMoron posted:

Anyone have an Amazon link to some good sanding sticks? I started building these things in November and I have gotten away with just Tamiya clippers to get things off runners, and GodHands with an Xacto to trim. But now that I'm working on the MG Deathscythe the dark blue pieces are kind of looking like poo poo even with the GodHand nippers, so I should probably sand down those things.

I don't really feel like assembling my own paper and popsicle sticks, so some preassembled things would be nice.

They're not quite the same thing, but I've been using these.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of, is the funnel missile effect box a one-time thing? I want one, but I'm not sure I want to buy now.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

How god-awful is the RG Zeta?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Shipping seems to continue to suck, my preorder of the standalone Core Gundam IIs is still outstanding, and nobody seems to have restocked the Marsfour weapons when they were reprinted in December.

EDIT: I could have sworn the Marsfour swords were on the reprint list for December, was I imagining it?

EDIT2: Oh, it was November 30th.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 31, 2021

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What's a good choice for practicing customization? Entry Grade Grandpa?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Are the non-pour markers (GM01/GM02 200, blue marker body) safe to use on ABS? I think the kit I'm working on now might be the first kit I've had where this would be an issue.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

After finally getting my Marsfour swords, I noticed that the wrists on the Marsfour Gundam don't seem to have enough bend to let it grip the big sword two-handed due to the tight fit inside the hands and the forearm armor blocking wrist rotation a little.

Am I correct that what I need here is a slightly longer peg on the hands?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nu-Zeon AND a mass produced zeonic sword? Gonna be big sword day for you.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Any idea where I could get some square Build Hands (or Jigen Knuckles, it's the same thing IIRC)? I checked usagundamstore, gundam planet, newtype, big bad toy store, and my local hobby shop.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Bandai really needs to step up for the next eva kit and provide a tiny homonculus that you fit the frame on

So what you're saying is you want a HiRM Eva?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Zedd posted:

It's been 50-50 here.
Actually building is down.
The backlog is up. :shepicide:

The fact that current conditions mean I react to seeing a thing I might want to build later with "oh gently caress gotta buy it before they run out" doesn't help.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of Hyaku-Shiki, how's the revive HG of it?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

I built it recently, it's pretty nice. Colors are good and the satellite panels look great when flipped out.

Satellite panels are stickers, right? Is there texture under them if I wanted to try painting?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Gripweed posted:

y'all want a new Unicorn kit?

Is this from Build Real?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Queadlunn posted:

Looks like they're also reissuing a BUNCH of the AoZ kits too. Bandai, why do you wish harm to my wallet...

gently caress ya Kehaar, probably the p-bandai thing I regret missing most of all.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh looking at the Kehaar doesn't seem to be either?

Man gently caress off Bandai, the Rah II and II Rah were already reprinted last year, do they really need another one?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Oh man I can't wait to get the 1/1 PG Hotdog!

After the Cup Noodles it isn't so far fetched.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So far Core Gundam II G3 seems much more solid than Core Gundam II in the Uraven kit. I assume there was just a weird box of poly caps somewhere?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sea Lily posted:

de-stressed after work today by building a cute lil HG kit, the Momokapool. enjoyed it a lot, fun and unique build and the kit includes just enough 'unused' parts to extend the arms by another full joint segment each so I went ahead and gave him those extra long wiggly arms

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1379237058351300608

definitely recommend it if you wanna do a build that isn't just the usual gundam/zaku stock biped style stuff

Still annoyed there's no regular Kapool/Capule HGUC.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Carteret posted:

Are those ladies kits or figures? Because drat, if those aren't painted they may be the first kit I buy that isn't a robit

If they are model kits, are they using the tech from the figure-rise labo series? I thought that was cool but a bit skeezy.

Also: I just got a metallic green marker pen and am trying out using it instead of the eye camera stickers. It doesn't seem very shiny over black plastic. Do I need to use a white marker to put something under it first?

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 7, 2021

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

This is why I do my assembly on a rug, already on the floor.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh, I realized I bought fine tip paint markers instead of chisel tip ones. Feels like it's impossible to get good coverage of a surface with these.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Tsubasa2004 posted:

1999.co.jp has posted the guts of one of the kits, and the answer is no. Looks like the eyes and a lot of details are stickers, and the skin is single-tone plastic.

That sticker sheet looks SD-level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I do like the weird hip joints though. It feels like they're really trying different things with hip joints on these, they're totally different than the ones they used on the Mobile Dolls, although maybe they used it on other figures and I just don't buy those.