Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
anyone here built the RG Tallgeese EW version? i've never built a "Gundam" style RG, just Zakus (oh jesus the tubes) so i'm just curious if there's any little quirks to watch for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
thanks for all the words on RG Tallgeese everyone! it's one of my fave suits so i'm glad the kit is quality. the Zakus all have some pretty disgustingly tight tolerances so i'm sure i'll make it.

now it just has to show up.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
apparently last night while drunk i ordered.... an MG Z'Gok? just the regular old blue one, not even the Char custom. i mean, Z'Gok is cool as hell in that retro Zeon way, but really?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
holy poo poo the torso gills on this Z'Gok are driving me insane, having shaky hands sucks. MGs are supposed to be less fiddly goddammit! but i can already tell this kit will look awesome when i figure it out.

they only ever made HG stuff for G Reco, right? anyone have any experience with those? i'd love a G-Self or a G-Lucifer but i've heard HG can be hit and miss in general, and with G Reco flopping as bad as it did, wouldn't be surprised if they half assed the kits.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Gripweed posted:

Also G-Reco didn't flop

didn't it? i'm hopeful i'm wrong cause i loved it. i'll definitely see if i can source some of the HGs then, G Reco has such amazing mech designs across the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Endorph posted:

this should count for the grunt suit contest twice over

Z'Gok rules, here's my MG posed with my RG Zaku II (which was not a good choice as a first kit holy poo poo)

though now that i'm looking at it, something looks off about it.

count me in as another person who just finished the RG Tallgeese and thought it was awesome. those backpacks are so cool and intricate. my hands and eyes might hate building RGs, but i love how they turn out.