Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

Can somebody put a notice about the group build in the thread title?

Alright, but I'm not sure what it should say- Upcoming Group Build March 30th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Done. I also stickied the thread for a week so hopefully it gets more attention.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zodack posted:

Not sure why we wouldn't use "M30 30MM Group Build, build a 30MM by M30 MMXX"

Thread Title Character Limits :v:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Veotax posted:

Decaled up and in a temporary pose. Want to paint the two(!) standing pilot figures and maybe figure out another pose. Was thinking about doing a pose with both fighters and the two robot halves flying around, as each of them has a base adaptor, but I don't have enough base components for it. The small stand I have the non-transforming fighter on is fine for the two jets, but I doubt they'd hold the robot parts.

I'll try to break the light box out later once I've finished up the other figures and take some better pictures.

This is pretty rad, thanks for sharing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Puddin posted:

In the spirit of our 30mm build, here is something that is going to make everyone think what the gently caress am I doing, all my ideas are terrible.

https://imgur.com/a/Io7u1Sj

:eyepop:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

grassy gnoll posted:

Collected 30mm group build post. If I missed yours, let me know.

These are all incredibly cool, though I do want to say

grassy gnoll posted:

I figured out what to do with those spare limbs.

Lol.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Christ

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

They're finally doing another Figure-Rise Standard of a Gundam character. And it's a character from an older series, which is a good sign that maybe they'll eventually do a Char or a Sayla

Oof, that looks bad. They did Hoshino Fumina dirty :mad:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

what a shithole

Please don't be an rear end in a top hat like this in the future, thanks.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The pouring type is the only set I don't have that you can get on amazon, mostly because i just had no idea what they were really for? Knowing they are like a wash is def compelling.

My Custom Epyon is coming along, but i apparently left my replacement can of matte at the store :(

This was entirely done with the Gundam Markers alone.

Very Red

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Veotax posted:

More Quarantine Builds!

No. 6: RG Evangelion Unit-01 Test Type

Forgot to take any pictures before I put it in it's final pose. But this build was very different, felt very organic for a giant robot. Funny to see a RG kit that entirely abandoned the Advanced MS Joints or whatever they're called, instead of pre-moulded joints it instead has a few parts moulded in multiple colours. Seems like a good alternate route to take for RG's if the line needs to keep with the double moulded parts (or whatever you would call them) as recent kits have very few of them. Surprised that it can't seem to attach to a base at all, there is no base adaptor and no holes to plug into (well, maybe the hole where you would plug the fuel-pump-thing into, but I haven't tried it).

My non-Gunpla shelf now looks decidedly less cute.

No. 7: RG Force Impulse Gundam

I built the MG version of this kit back in January, mostly brought it because of how loving stupid the "transformation" looked. When I saw that a RG version had been released I couldn't resist, especially to see the difference in engineering from the 12 years between the kits.

Quick look at the final kit (with no stickers) before I get into the comparisons:

Core Splendor:

Nice little jet, even comes with landing gear like MG version. Uses one of the only two Advanced MS Joints, essentially the whole thing is built on a 'frame' of the one piece that allows the nose and cockpit to fold over so it docks into the Gundam.

The RG has an overall darker colour tone than the MG. The RG holds up well detail-wise, though the MG has some grey on the non-moving parts of the wings. Also the MG has a seated pilot figure. MG version requires a base adaptor while the RG version just has a 3mm hole.

Chest Flyer(?!):

This dumb thing. Uses the second Advanced MS Joint to allow for some ab-crunch, but it articulates from the front of the chest rather than the back (since the chest doesn't actually have a back.

Compared to the MG this is really impressive, I feel that it has a lot more detail and the articulation is way better (especially the part that allows the shoulders to come out at 90°, I felt like I was going to break something on the MG). Again, the colours are darker, apart from the vents on the shoulders, on the MG it's a light purple and on the RG it's a baby blue.
Both use a similar base adaptor.

Leg Flyer (?!?):

Not much to say about this, apart from being a flying pair of pants. The, uh, 'transformation' is easy, it's just bending the knees in a weird way and folding the front of the feet down. Don't really like the base adaptor, just kinda big and ugly, there is another hole on the 'bottom' of the adaptor that I noticed after taking these shots, but it doesn't fix the thing being big and ugly.

Again not much to say here, just some differences in the details and the RG has more of the inner frame poking through. The MG does have some sweet pointed feet that the RG doesn't have though.

Silhouette Flyer:

Not much to say here, going to save my thoughts for the comparison.

Going to give the RG the advantage in terms of details. The obvious difference is that the MG has black wings while the RG has grey, however the painting instructions say to paint all except the front of the wings grey, so I'm leaning to giving the RG the win for colour accuracy. The engine on the MG is able to articulate, the RG's doesn't. Not pictured, but the MG has removable landing gear while the RG doesn't.

Details feel largely the same on the Force Silhouette, however the articulation is completely different between the two. The MG's wings are able to articulate up and down, with a bend in the middle, while the RG's can bend backwards with no articulation in the upper wings at all. The RG does have some little rocket engines that you can pull out on the grey bits that connect the lower wings.
Also, colour differences again, the RG uses a much deeper black.

Force Impulse Gundam:

Tried to recreate the pose I had the MG in, but the RG doesn't have the big-honking-sword.

The dumbest display I could make with the two kits.

And just for the hell of it, my whole collection so far:

The MG Hi-Nu Gundam is going to move over to the rest of the collection once I've gotten around to decaling and top-coating. The second picture is supposed to be non-Gundam kits, but I've just put the Hi-Nu out of the way and the Jesta is testing out a 3D printed wall mount, but I might start wall mounting Gundam kits over here. Starting to run out of space on the main display.

Aww, buzz and unit 01 matched their colors :kimchi:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

boxart confirms Harofitter is mass-produced, and therefore can be built for the challenge.

These things are so fwiggen adorable :3::kimchi::3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sykic posted:

My longest build so far at 8 days, feels like half of that was just to sand down the navy parts. Naturally the week of endless sun ends the day I finish it so the lighting sucks :argh:.

I immediately went onto start the Earthree Gundam and oh my god the Core Gundam is so tiny. I knew it was small but actually having one on the desk in front of me really hammers it home.

That's pretty boss not gonna lie.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Definitely the first one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Square Enix is making more model kits from their properties and next up is *checks notes*

...A four-kit set of loving Xenogears mecha? :stare:

Included are; WELTALL, VIERGE, HEIMDAL and BRIGANDER.

Holy poo poo, I never buy model kits, but I might be tempted to pick this up :stare: though realistically speaking, I'd probably need a little more experience with model kits and handling glue/paint before starting on something like this :sweatdrop:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This is great.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've really been enjoying watching Backlogust. It was a great idea, grassy :allears:.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Sounds cool to me. We can give away some title change certs or other upgrades as well to our favorite entries.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bimmi posted:

LOL FedEx lost my $600 G-Expo order, ffffffffuck everything.

Christ. I hope you can get a refund.