Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If gunpla existed in any real capacity over here when I was shoddily assembling unpainted Revell kits as a kid I think I would have kept with it instead of rediscovering the hobby 25 years later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Pyronic posted:

I ended up adding the RX-78-2 Beyond Global to my order and the package has been in Tennessee for 5 days now, which i assume has to do with the Winter Apocalypse the south is dealing with right now.

as someone who works in the transportation industry, it's 1000% this. The amount of freight just sitting in loaded trailers waiting to move across the country is staggering

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It does noticably weaken the plastic: be careful around joins or thin pieces like the ankle armor.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got some Gundam Markers now. How does the lining work?

Gm01/gm02? Color in the gaps, white off the extra with your finger. Quick and dirty but adds a lot

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I rediscovered Gunpla because of quarantine. Built a Beyond Global kit last summer (first in 20 years) and somehow ended up with 13 in a display case today.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Are those ladies kits or figures? Because drat, if those aren't painted they may be the first kit I buy that isn't a robit

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The sheer amount of stickers on that kit is pretty disappointing. Bummer

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

if you are on windows WIN- SHIFT - S and paste it into imgur.com

e: might be the beyond global based on your "elbow" comment

e2: def the beyond global

Carteret fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 31, 2021

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Hot drat!

Man, a lot of this poo poo is cool. It's gonna break my bank if I even order half of the ones I want.

*Team America Plays*

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So I watched Hathaway last night, and found myself at my local hobby shop.

oops.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

i wish every part was undergated. its amazing if you are lazy

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The slippers are dope. Those beam sabers are... Unfortunate.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Hi, I'm definitely not winning but I managed to smash this one out last night. I like it:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Advanced MS Joint in this thing is vestigial and unnecessary to say the least.

edit: wtf, my tablet time traveled? I just finished it.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 18, 2021

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

They are good. Once you build one the rest don't deviate much except for head/(some)chest/shoulders, but they are great kits. Only kind of weird part is the bicep has a habit of coming apart.

Standard RG releases so far:
Unit-00
Unit-01
Unit-02
Mk. 06
Unit-08a
Unit-03(preorder)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think all I want from today's releases are the Clear Red RG Sazabi. Talk me out of it? Otherwise I'm F5ing.

Fake edit: sites dead

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

One last one at the deadline (I participated!)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:five: amazing

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I like it, but the tail is so massive it barely fits in my Ikea case.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I'm surprised they didn't do an effects part set so you can display it as Nadleeh purging the Virtue armor

I don't know who is making it, but I'm probably going to buy this for mine:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/mg-virtue-display-stand

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm in if I can find the kit

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

boz posted:

Store here in Atlanta has some RG God Gundam's in stock:

Which one? I only really hit up Hobbytown in Kennesaw.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

boz posted:

It was Gundam Place Store, but turns out they are preorders and I read incorectly.

All good! Was more interested in another "local" spot. Thanks!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Zedd posted:

I'm now tempted to dig those up cause they where glorious.

Please, I'd love to read 'em

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

Am I the only one who prefers panel liner over Gundam market? Watching the capillary action in motion is hobby magic.

I really do, but i had a bad experience on my MG Dynames where it weakened the plastic and turned brittle. Don't know what I did wrong and am paranoid to use it again on anything I really like.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I wanna get a shelf just smack full of all the G-Witch poo poo. great show, great kits.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dude that's awesome, I didn't know they moved to a new location. Their old place was kinda... suspect.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I thought the backlog was because of post pandemic FOMO

(yes, I have all the HGTWFM kits except Lfrith Calibarn and Schwarzette, why do you ask?)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

ok so Suruga-ya seems to have taken the thread by storm. What's the deal with this spot? is there a catch? I somehow got lucky and grabbed one of every WFM kit as they released, but is it good for older kits or p-bandai?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I just realized this thing has no polycaps. How will I live without polycaps.

a much better life, I assure you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I love MG dearly but Bandai just refuses to make new kits in that scale I care about