Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Hello Gunpla thread. I picked up a HG RX-93 on a whim, watched some YT videos, and tried to emulate them. Please excuse the scribing that looks like the work of a torturer in the Gundam Inquisition. Hopefully the color will pop a bit more once I topcoat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Anyone have advice for scribing? Based on this video and a few others I'm trying to follow the directions but I'm getting horrible results. Tape refuses to stay, scriber refuses to follow the tape and trying to "turn" and connect lines is a joke. I said gently caress the tape and it actually looked the same. I'm at a loss and it's absolutely aggravating.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I'm going to be working on the MG Wing Proto Zero this week, and I plan to give it a fully custom paint job. I'm partial to a somewhat dark green as part of it but I'm looking for suggestions because every color palette I've found on the Internet wants me to pattern green with loving rose and orange.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Thanks for the ideas! I'm very partial to the Dark Angels look, but I am tempted to try the tank-style camo especially since I have Vallejo's Panzer Aces set. My main concern is that doing it well is probably beyond my airbrushing skills. The Fenice isn't bad, but I'm weird in that I find the opposite colors jarring rather than complementary.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

I am not looking forward to taking the rest of this thing apart to paint it.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
What's wrong with a nice, normal name like Kaela? Kaela Mensha-Khaine >surname>.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Not to brag on myself but I love this color scheme. Could have gone maybe a wee bit lighter on the gunmetal but I'm loving happy.