Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I don’t have a paycheck until August so of course I decided to invest in a brand new plastic-buying hobby because I haven’t spent enough cash on lego and transformers jfc

I bought a HG Char’s Zaku II and a HG RX-78-2 Gundam Revive. The Zaku got here Thursday and it’s been great putting it together.

The feelings of instant joy and understanding I got putting together the Zaku meant I pretty much right away got a RG Unicorn, MG Freedom 2.0, and a MG GM Sniper. You can see it, and then BUILD it? I’m in.

Pretty sure this is a lifestyle drug nice hobby hello new friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Anybody have any good pictures of their panel-lined RG Tallgeese they could share? I’ve finished building mine and he’s my favorite son, and I feel I could do a better job panel-lining if I just straight-copied for a few models to get a sense of what to pay attention to and so on.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

check out Dalong

Nice, thanks!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Hey Gunpla dudes! I’ve realized I pretty much only love Zakus (well that’s not true, but Zakus are the best. BEEF BOIS).

Is it worth paying above MSRP for a Psycho Zaku on eBay? They seem to be out of stock on all the legit sites I know. I’m not sure how often stuff gets restocked; I come from Transformer land where once stuff is gone, it’s really loving gone.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Oh dang man, that’s awesome. Thanks!

No problem waiting a bit for it; I’ve got loads in the backlog anyway. It would be here in like July at the latest, right?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I either need to craft or buy some kind of small vise because it’s the only way I’ll ever put stickers on my built kits. I got a cool pair of tweezers and a little pointy metal stick, but they don’t mean poo poo when you’re shoving a RG part across a table with your breath.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Midjack posted:

A little blob of blue tack and a pair of tweezers can also amplify holding power, and you can stick the tweezer handle in a binder clip, helping hands, or other stronger grip if you’re worried about damage and those are the tool you have at hand.

Do you mean like popping the piece on top of some blue tack? That makes sense; luckily all my teaching stuff is at home with me so I can try it out.

Also I like the binder clip idea but that’s for holding the tweezers closed, right? I’ve got a cool pair of sticker-specific tweezers that stay closed by themselves and you squeeze them to open.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Even as recently as last week I was processing some hard emotional stuff and spent nearly all my free time clipping away at two three five seven kits as I progressively worked it out. Now they’re all organized in appropriate bags, and so is my baggage.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

So I’m fairly sure I lost a part for MG Barbatos (C23; dark brown cylindrical cover for a shoulder piston) and I don’t want to order a new set for this tiny thing. What can I do to get a new part?

I think the set would work without it, but I would know.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rad. Thank you!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah I am building the rest of this kit to see if I just misplaced it. And I have a bunch of parts in a bag somewhere, so maybe I’ll get lucky or be able to trim something to size.

BUT. I’m glad the option is there even if it’s more money to spend. W/e, my peace of mind is worth some cash.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Trying to be rational about my need to complete arbitrary lists of molded plastic, here.

I’ve already got an RG Tallgeese and I quite like it. I’d like to have a full Wing crew. I’m not too too fussed about differences between EW/TV (also I’m only on like episode 22 of the show).

I was thinking I would go 1/144 scale so I didn’t have to redo the Tallgeese and also it would be cheaper/less space. I like the RG Wing Gundam EW over the Zero (I can’t get on board with the feathers, sorry feather friends), there’s a HG Heavy Arms about to come out, and a HG Sandrock that’s recent. Looks like I’d kind of have to wait for a quality Deathscythe and Shenlong or else use ones released a long ways back.

I guess I’m asking if there are any MG kits of those six that are true must-haves that should change my mind and bump me up to 1/100 scale? God knows I’m susceptible to arguments of “yeah, but you’re not getting the real experience unless...”

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Kallax is another good option, and you can put books or whatever in the different squares.

Then when you get too many Gunpla and the room for detolfs, you can just put your detolfs on top of your kallax

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

mllaneza posted:

NewtypeHQ is low on Vallejo paints. Who else is a favored, ideally domestic, reseller ?

I don’t know if they’re favored by the thread but I found some recently at scale hobbyist and Burbank’s house of hobbies. Burbank’s particularly shipped stupid fast.

I love my RG Tallgeese but he really does need a stand to operate right.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Bees on Wheat posted:

Hot drat. Not gonna lie, I'm more than a little bit jealous.

Meanwhile, Fedex is continuing to gently caress with my package. It's been (allegedly) on the truck for delivery since yesterday morning, and they claim to have made a delivery attempt at 9:30pm.. then again at 10:00am today.. both times when I was very much at home. Their piece of poo poo website won't let me manage delivery options for this package, so I can't just go to a Fedex store to pick it up in person.. at this point I'm kind of hoping it just gets sent back to Newtype and they can do something about it. :sigh:

That sucks. I have a fedex package that was supposed to be here two days ago; they apparently gave up and gave it to the USPS? Fine by me; my mail office is pretty good, but dang. Isn’t it your drat job to mail packages?

Sucks because I actually have another, later order from the same place and they again used FedEx. Who suck.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Null of Undefined posted:

I actually like him a lot. I thought his youtube voice was annoying at first but I got over that pretty quick.

Same. There’s a couple of words he says nonstop but w/e, he explains his reasoning well and the rating system is a decent barometer of whether I’d like a kit or not. I also enjoy how he has a ton of enthusiasm but also casts shade constantly.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I fee you. Red always seems better for me about that than blue. Blue is the worst.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I preordered the F90 on gundamplanet because they said June release and I’m still looking forward to it! Though honestly so long as it gets here before the rocket derp pack, I’ll be happy.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Null of Undefined posted:

Everywhere I live has to have no carpeting for this exact reason. Haven't lost a piece in 5 years

I am decent about this with carpet; I try to snip above/into the box it came in. But I am super cautious for reasons you might expect.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/spn-120-ultimate-nipper

Godhands in stock and on sale at USA Gundam Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Marx Headroom posted:

Well I've been putting it off for weeks but it's time to start putting the waterslide decals on this MG Banshee Ver Ka. Looks like there's about 150 on this sheet. See you folks on the other side. I'll let you know what God has to say after I come down from the mountain.

I put off decals for the same reason, so I feel you.

Of course when I open up the instructions and all that I realize I only actually want to place like, a tenth of the ones it comes with.