Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: Uh.. am I reading this right and it's saying the kit's a good 30cm tall?

Box dimensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It's Max Factory and about 9" tall.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Figma and other Max Factory products are usually associated with their distributor, Good Smile Company, so I think it's fair to forget they're still around.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Ka0 posted:

I was going to ask if anyone has ever parodied hajime katoki suits, but I guess the unicorn is in on itself a perfect example.

I was going to say the Exbein Ashe.

But then I looked up who designed it.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Probably not so much for models, but parts count has a larger cost impact than size for toys.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Is that the hg or mg ball?

I am pitiable. A gunpla fan with no balls.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'm not watching an hour an a half video to find the spot where he uses that, but I know they sell soldering irons that have a holder for xacto blades. Like this.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Since we're having nipper chat, anyone have a lead on where to find a cam-action nipper? As far as I know, micromark was the only one making them and they don't anymore.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Anonymous Robot posted:

Man, for a vastly overpriced LED light, the Gundam LEDs are pretty low quality. I thought the subtle pulsing was supposed to be a cool effect at first, but it's actually just either a bad switch or bad voltage control making it flicker. And apparently they have a really short battery life, too?

If you use the batteries that they use in hearing aides, they last a little over a month of constant use.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I think it was size 312. They're pretty much the same size, but the 312 has ~ 6 times the amp hours. It's also 1.4 volts instead of 1.55 so it might be slightly less bright at full capacity?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It just comes down to them having a legally binding contract and it's not worth the cost to break it. Also, Disney doesn't necessarily have to get involved, Revell could just sue the retailers. Similarly, there was a kerfuffle months ago about all the Hasbro / TakaraTomy products not being available in Japan unless they're distributed by Hot Toys because they have the exclusive rights to sell Star Wars action figures throughout most of Asia.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

MJP posted:

Goose rear end

Tell me about that yellow.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
That is beautiful.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I have built that exact kit and think it's great. The design means it's much more involved than, say, an MG. The plastic is also thinner out of necessity, so it's probably more fragile, but mine's held up well and hasn't fallen apart like people sometimes report zeta gundams doing. There's also very minor parts-forming involved (some interior support pieces and the hands off the top of my head).

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I built that one. The design means it is a bit more fiddley and the plastic is thinner than a gundam kit, so I put it at about the same as a good kotobukiya kit.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Kuvo posted:

how much pain am i about to bring on myself

edit: what are even these tubing instructions

My (not so much now) secret shame is that I opened my RG Zaku box, looked at the piping and then closed it up and put it in my closet.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Does it have the bluefin sticker on the box? If so, contact them.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I have the normal VF-171 and the alto colors version. I think the regular one looks better. (And it looks more green than blue to me).

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'm sharing the love of Gunpla with some friends and doing a streamed build of a Graze Ritter, maybe starting an RG Astray if anyone wants to hang out in the stream. https://www.twitch.tv/sp1k3mcclane (I am aware I cut too close to the parts)

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
That's also what I'm calling the burgers I make now.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
That reminds me: I picked up a pair of the cheap $12-13 godhands and they were an obvious improvement over the various hobby shop ones I've bought over the years.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I like to look up photos of sentai teams to copy poses.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Moai Ou posted:

My Rex still says it's coming. Are the other live orders also from Diane's Depot?

Mine is, but if you look at the seller stats, you'll see we have nothing to look forward to.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Thanks for gathering those, fartknocker. I added everyone; mine is EW9088U7T.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Looks like Tamashii Stage.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It took me a moment to realize what it actually was and start IDing all the components. That's really cool.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Hobbytown carries them. The one local to me seems to always keep them in stock.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I tried to add it 2 minutes after it went live (and before it actually showed up in the list as available to order instead of upcoming) and it was already sold out. I wasn't sure I $80 wanted it, so that's fine.

Edit: I got the Haros, Petitguys, and the injection molding machine, so mission accomplished. Only thing I really wanted that sold out was the trans am Full Saber 00Q, which I think sold out earlier today.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 24, 2020

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I got my p-bandai order with the online expo stuff today. Everything loosely tossed in a too big box and not a single bit of packing material.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It needs to be as smooth and glossy as possible. I don't think it being black is even the important part as much as black has smaller pigment and will end up smoother.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
As I recall, goodsmile partners with various other companies for the Moderoid line, so I wouldn't be surprised by some variance. I remember hearing good things about Mazinkaiser, but that was with Sentinel.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, fair enough :shrug:. I'd have thought a line like 30MS would be pretty ideal for them to put that tech into serious mass-production.

It might be both. The eyes are definitely tampos, but the fleshy bits look like they may be using the layered plastic tech.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I ran across that the other day, but got the impression that it was more a toku show trying to cash in on the battle royale game genre craze more than anything, since bandai is typically the go to for merch and prop toys.

I basically found no one talking about it english side, though. Not even the toku thread.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I got one of those flow pens and hadn't run into any problems after several kits and got careless.
Last night I discovered that it'll eat the plastic flame toys uses for their Transformers kits.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'm into what they've shown for the main kits for 30MS and very amused they charge extra to go into skeevy / embarrassment territory.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm annoyed that I have to buy the big titty torso to get clothed thighs

Oh, you're right. I forgot about that because I have a project planned that involves a paint job.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I like it. Looks like an Advance of Zeta suit, but SEED.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Tanon posted:

Was there any date for when the Eclipse is going up on P-Bandai?

It's general release. Stores have been taking orders for a "mystery MG" for a few weeks and that was it.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
So much of that looks gloriously stupid. Obari is in charge, so it should be good.

The thing that really got me, though, was the gunpla isn't going to be available in Japan. And intended mainly for the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
You could call it that... if Amuro was the pilot.