Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FeyerbrandX posted:

Now that I think about it, how many people in Gotham are what they are because of "one really bad day"?

Batman
Robin
Joker
Two-Face
Mr. Freeze
Catwoman (at least in Batman Returns, don't know about comic or TAS canon)
Posion Ivy (again, movie canon, don't know about the good sources)
Clock Man, or whoever that punctual guy in TAS was (If you count just being a little late being a really bad day...)

The first two Robins, you might be able to count the middle batgirl, Oracle, depending on what you mean by 'what they are', Poison Ivy is usually 'I was betrayed by someone I loved'...

Also, his name was Clock King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TwoPair posted:

My favorite is him wrecking Riddler's goons after they give him the info he wants and beg for mercy.

2nd favorite bit: The way Riddler's goons just beam the information into Batman's head in the 2 seconds between them agreeing to talk and Bats clocking them.

The best part of that is how polite he is before he knocks them out.

Thug: I'll tell you everything I know, don't hurt me!
Batman: Thank you. 'PUNCH'

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Arkham Knight is gonna be joker.

The next Arkham game is just going to involve everyone being the Joker.

Except for the Joker. He's actually Harley Quinn in disguise.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I sympathize with the thug trying to defrost the GCPD door. With how often that other thug is bitching at him, I'd get stressed too.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The most annoying thing about the 'kill Joker or not?' debate is that it makes me agree with Jason Todd, and that is terrible.

Like, I understand that comics have to leave things open for future storylines, especially for main villains like the Joker, but it really does look terrible of Batman to constantly capture the Joker and have the criminal justice system put him in a place that he can escape from at any time to kill again.

But eh, comics. It's one of the sins of the medium, it simply wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gothsheep posted:

Honestly, I'm going to give this one to Batman. He can't start being manipulated and strong-armed by super-criminals into doing their bidding. Joker got away with it for the same reason Joker gets away with everything, but even he had to resort a threat greater than 'do it or I'll kill you'. Freeze's mistake was that he gave Batman an option that involved punching him in the face. But seriously, Batman has to maintain fear and control of the situation or else all the fear he's built up in Gotham criminals just goes 'poof'.

That's reasonable, somewhat, but it's immediately broken because he does what Freeze is asking him to anyway. So the message to Gotham's criminals appears to be 'Batman will do what you want, but he has to beat you up a lot first'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Really? That was...disappointing. All of that genuinely creepy, if kinda predictable, build up, and then...an arena fight? Not even a Scarecrow-esque 'hide from the person trying to control you' section?

I did like the background and the constant clock ticking was really annoying, as was probably intentional, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If it makes you feel better, Marvel probably won't screw up Kamala in her own series! It'll happen after the series is over, where she'll be revealed to have had a relationship with a much older superhero off panel/get entered into a death game/die. Reading the rest of Ms. Marvel should be fairly safe.

• Locked thread