Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Turn on Fight Pass right now to watch this! The flyweight title is on the line and the fight has to be better than the last time I saw Hashi fight, because her fight for the Strikeforce title was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Main card (UFC Fight Pass at 9 p.m. ET)
Barb Honchak vs. Takayo Hashi
Mizuki Inoue vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Kaitlin Young vs. Raquel Pa'aluhi
Jodie Esquibel vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc
Amber Brown vs. Liz McCarthy
Amanda Bell vs. Maria Hougaard Djursaa
Andrea Lee vs. Shannon Sinn
Jenny Lou Shriver vs. Jamie Moyle
Kelly McGill vs. Maegan Goodwin

I don't know much about these fighters but it is fighting on our computers and we know what happens when we go too long without fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Karolina Polish Name is gonna kill that japanese girl based on their shadow boxing displays.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's hosed up and wrong for people to be inspired by cyborg vs carano instead of jt vs aleks

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Current Lorde Walkout Song Count: 0

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

maegan goodwin more like suregan badlose

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Karolina Polish Name is gonna kill that japanese girl based on their shadow boxing displays.

Nah, Inoue is :krad:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
yo if you dont know who to root for in this opening fight

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuriy posted:

yo if you dont know who to root for in this opening fight

Plus her opponent missed weight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

There's been like one significant strike landed in this entire round.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does Invicta always play such wacky music in between rounds? I've been muting it lately because I can't stand Schiavello.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i know i shouldn't expect much from 0-0 vs 1-0 but this looks like a light sparring session where you both agree to just mostly focus on footwork, except if you were getting paid to do that you'd probably show some drat good footwork and better useless low kick feints

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

McGill should figure out distance because her punches are always like 2 feet short unless she runs straight into clinch range.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

We got a bleeder.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lmao that was an awful attempt to pass to the other side

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i know i shouldn't expect much from 0-0 vs 1-0 but this looks like a light sparring session where you both agree to just mostly focus on footwork, except if you were getting paid to do that you'd probably show some drat good footwork and better useless low kick feints

I usually look at these more like a chance to see a side of the sport that we don't get when just watching the big leagues or even the male b-leagues that get streams and stuff together. It's kind of neat to see what the sport looks like when the athletes are at this lower point of development.

And we have blood!

Anyway, that being said, I know a trio of 17 year old female boxers who are a whole order of magnitude better on the feet than either of these two.

But, on the other hand, we have blood.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The bloodiest sparring.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
further evidence that Nick Diaz has always been right with his staunch "elbows only cause cuts" position

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CommonShore posted:

I usually look at these more like a chance to see a side of the sport that we don't get when just watching the big leagues or even the male b-leagues that get streams and stuff together. It's kind of neat to see what the sport looks like when the athletes are at this lower point of development.

And we have blood!

Anyway, that being said, I know a trio of 17 year old female boxers who are a whole order of magnitude better on the feet than either of these two.

But, on the other hand, we have blood.

I'm surprised there aren't more Alexa Grassos and Irene Aldanas in the sport, fighters with more of a boxing pedigree. MMA boxing kind of sucks and WMMA boxing is 10 times worse.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

How did Goodwin win a round in that lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more Alexa Grassos and Irene Aldanas in the sport, fighters with more of a boxing pedigree. MMA boxing kind of sucks and WMMA boxing is 10 times worse.

It's because women's boxing is wide open and super exciting at the amateur level right now. Any of these 17-25 year old female athletes who are good strikers are aiming for the Olympics (London was the first Olympic games that included womens boxing, so it has really only been developing that long).

Give it two years, and there will be a pile of Elite National runners-up who will have accepted that they'll never make the Olympics. They'll start picking up jits and we'll see some real wmma ex-boxers who entered the sport to get a payday.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

-Atom- posted:

further evidence that Nick Diaz has always been right with his staunch "elbows only cause cuts" position

finally a post we can agree on

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

1st AD posted:

How did Goodwin win a round in that lol

In the last round she was using her ponytail to paint blood all over her opponents face, a proud warrior tradition that should be rewarded.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

THE BUTT MAN posted:

In the last round she was using her ponytail to paint blood all over her opponents face, a proud warrior tradition that should be rewarded.

This is Iowa after all. In Iowa's rules bleeding is a scoring criteria.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

This fight kinda owns so far.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
really enjoying this sanctioned beating of Jenny Lou Shriver

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Moyle is murdalizing this other girl

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

really enjoying this sanctioned beating of Jenny Lou Shriver

I just wish we knew what sins she had committed to deserve this

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
Moyle looks pretty amazing compared to the average tiny punchwoman

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They held on that angle a long time and this one dude on the left side of the screen had the creepiest smile on his face.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Julie Kedzie is not good at this.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

CommonShore posted:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

This is the creepiest ref ever

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

CommonShore posted:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It was especially awkward at the last event when she was interviewing fighters and they were like "uhh I don't know, you tell me who I'm fighting next. That's your job, right?"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CommonShore posted:

I like Kedzie a lot but I can't stand her fake laugh after every other sentence

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

-Atom- posted:

I like Kedzie a lot but I can't stand her fake laugh after every other sentence

She also needs to stop backtracking on her commentary and talking about how she missed things because of angles and saying "I could be wrong..."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Wish Moyle had better finishing instincts, she could've gotten that GNP finish from the mount

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CommonShore posted:

Both of them are terrible.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
shannon sinn looks like lil wayne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Shannon Sinn sounds like the name of someone that's been on screen with Christy Mack

• Locked thread