Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think may sign TNA to a new TV deal?
Spike
WGN
Univision
WWE Network
View Results

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

dsriggs posted:

People over there keep on bringing up the BBC for a potential network and I have absolutely no idea why.

It's the AMC thing. Basically AMC is looking to buy a stake in BBC America, so they can have them be part of the package they sell to cable companies as part of their expansion. So in turn AMC and BBC America are both expected to be expanding their coverage and seen to be potentially the channels with the most potential for growth.

So why wouldn't they want TNA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

the second tv show idea pops up constantly on tnamecca and it makes me laugh every drat time. they can't get enough people to watch one show to keep it on air! why would they get two?!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Well you see, they have this massive roster of people who could be HUGE STARS if they could only get enough screen time, so they need at least three hours of TV a week, preferably five.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNAMecca peeps think that the company is in the same condition it was years ago, when having a second TV show (Xplosion never counted, neither does any of their Reaction poo poo) could have reasonably happened.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's the AMC thing. Basically AMC is looking to buy a stake in BBC America, so they can have them be part of the package they sell to cable companies as part of their expansion. So in turn AMC and BBC America are both expected to be expanding their coverage and seen to be potentially the channels with the most potential for growth.

Is this and them buying into the 'TNA is massive in the UK' thing, isn't it?

the thing that proved to be completely untrue with this most recent tour when they couldn't sell out anything at all?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

dsriggs posted:

People over there keep on bringing up the BBC for a potential network and I have absolutely no idea why.

TNA does great business in the UK, surely their tour there in January will convince them :shepface:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

WeaponX posted:

the second tv show idea pops up constantly on tnamecca and it makes me laugh every drat time. they can't get enough people to watch one show to keep it on air! why would they get two?!

Dixie mentioned it in that "What is going on with TNA" Grantland piece.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

WeaponX posted:

gently caress it, I want two three hour TNA weekly shows with a two hour Main Event show as well. I want to see how awful this can get with them having to create eight hours of television a week.

A full hour of one of the shows would just be Samoa Joe and Eric Young doing sock puppet shows. An hour of Samoa Joe on Twitch.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

BGrifter posted:

An hour of Samoa Joe on Twitch.

but that would draw ratings.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

WeaponX posted:

but that would draw ratings.

They'll force him to play this.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That released for PS2?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

That released for PS2?

Yep, PS2/PS3/360/Wii.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The ps2 version misses a few minor features. Like Create a Wrestler.

Which is useful seeing as the entire single player campaign requires you to create a wrestler.

(Not that it matters how big or small or whatever you make your wrestler by the end of the game he's back to being suicide)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is, indeed, one sorry-rear end bundle.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Rumors have them going everywhere from NJPW to WWE but who knows.

I couldn't really give a poo poo about the Dudleys in 2014, but I can't wait for them to 3D Heath Slater through a table at the next Old School Raw :allears:

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Skinty McEdger posted:

The ps2 version misses a few minor features. Like Create a Wrestler.

Which is useful seeing as the entire single player campaign requires you to create a wrestler.

(Not that it matters how big or small or whatever you make your wrestler by the end of the game he's back to being suicide)

The game's best quality was being easy to pick up and play but thats also its worst quality as well. It got old fast. Never saw it for the ps2 how bout that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Skinty McEdger posted:

The best part is that (IIRC) BBC America basically exists as a branch of BBC Worldwide, which is how the Beeb monetizes programs made in the UK. The BBC doesn't give a tin poo poo about BBC-A beyond "is it making us any money".

Then again, this is the same BBC America that once replied to a question about showing classic Doctor Who episodes with the comment that "They're too expensive for us to buy the rights to", so maybe TNA would be a good fit for them after all. :v:

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost
As someone who pays the licence fee, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Observer posted:

--On our radio show Monday, somebody asked a question regarding whether Dixie Carter really stayed in a castle at one of the TNA European tours. I never heard that story and didn't know it, but one former TNA wrestler listened to the show and confirmed that the story was true.

Which one of you asked?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No apology to the asker for claiming it was a prank. Dogshit Meltzer stays in Dixie's pocket.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
*Enjoyed*
https://twitter.com/REALLiSAMARiE/status/533127970743779328

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If eventually Eric Young still has a show on TV and TNA doesn't this will have ended exactly the way it should have

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TNATVDeal #FF

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gavok posted:

I would watch Vikings if it had Tursas.

You should watch Vikings anyways. :colbert:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Which one of you asked?

I'd definitely heard that story before this week. I want to say it was from a released Knockout, but it was some released talent that talked about it anyhow.

e: aha it is true

quote:

The house on Hillsboro Pike, however, seemed perfect. The husband and wife duo couldn’t find anything else they liked as much—and the notion of “warmth” really played into that. At the time, they were heading to Ireland for a tour with TNA, and ventured across the pond a little early to celebrate their anniversary. Staying at the gorgeous Ashford Castle, the pair wined and dined to celebrate. “The whole night felt a little surreal,” says Carter with a smile. "We were drinking great wine, and we decided to be brave and just do it, go ahead and buy the house. We immediately texted our realtor, Eric Grassman and said ‘draw up the papers.'”

http://www.nashvillelifestyles.com/entertainment/dixie-carter-at-home-in-nashville

Checkmate, Shave.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 14, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'd definitely heard that story before this week. I want to say it was from a released Knockout, but it was some released talent that talked about it anyhow.

e: aha it is true

http://www.nashvillelifestyles.com/entertainment/dixie-carter-at-home-in-nashville

Checkmate, Shave.
:ughh:

Well, that makes it easier for me to see her company fail...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

:ughh:

Well, that makes it easier for me to see her company fail...

I think the constant mistreatment of her workers made it easy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the constant mistreatment of her workers made it easy.

Yeah but the mistreatment of those workers while sleeping in a castle makes it delicious.

The article I posted is primarily about Dixie and Serg buying a gigantic house that used to belong to Leeann Rimes.

Keep that in mind while you re-read this article.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.ashfordcastle.com/

It's like $2000/night in the most expensive room and $120/night in the least expensive room.

So it's not like they rented out a whole castle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I no longer feel sorry for selling Dixie's panties on eBay.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

It's like $2000/night in the most expensive room and $120/night in the least expensive room.

You think Dixie Carter slummed it in some $120/night room for her anniversary?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

A majority of her talent couldn't afford the least expensive room

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It's almost noon on Friday and no deal has been announced. That can only mean that the deal is so huge that it's going to take all day to complete!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It's so secret even the network doesn't know about it!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dsriggs posted:

An invasion angle with wrestlers barring the doors and forcing a network to put them on TV till the SWAT team came in to take them out would be something new.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

dsriggs posted:

¿¡The WWE network?!

(Also my tablet corrects WWE to WEE. WHEE!)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It's almost noon on Friday and no deal has been announced. That can only mean that the deal is so huge that it's going to take all day to complete!

Pfft, they're not going to blow such a huge announcement so soon, they'll wait until just before that UK tour, when they announce that Discovery Channel has bought the BBC and so all Impact Wrestling shows will be simulcast LIVE in both the US and UK every week! :smug:

(also someone tweet this/send it to TNA Mecca and see if they take it seriously :v:)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BGrifter posted:

An invasion angle with wrestlers barring the doors and forcing a network to put them on TV till the SWAT team came in to take them out would be something new.

Amish SWAT premieres next Wednesday night on Discovery America

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Havok is trying to raise $3000 on Gofundme for Alzheimer's treatments for her grandfather :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BGrifter posted:

I'd be down for a wrestling-themed remake of Airheads.

• Locked thread