Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think may sign TNA to a new TV deal?
Spike
WGN
Univision
WWE Network
View Results

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd be down for a wrestling-themed remake of Airheads.

Roode as Fraser, Aries as Buscemi and Young as Sandler?

Perfect excuse to bring in Dick Justice to "improvise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EC3 tore his bicep and will have surgery next week

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chris James 2 posted:

EC3 tore his bicep and will have surgery next week

Surely Dixie will pay for the surgery and aftercare for her nephew.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Surely Dixie will pay for the surgery and aftercare for her nephew.
*our son

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
You mean our nephew.

e: dammit

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Also, Meltzer said that if the Destination America deal wasn't done this week, it doesn't look likely. It's Saturday.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

edit: oh ok you fixed it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"So, Dave, what about WB Network for TNA?"

*starts banging pots and pans over the phone*

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

so this tv deal isn't happening huh?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Not unless they manage to #JoinTheForce

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I have a feeling that this is Dixie's strategy for getting a network deal.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I expected a child throwing a tantrum.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
BOBBY ROODE JUST SHOWED UP AT THE ECW ARENA AND IS DEFENDING THE WORLD TITLE AGAINST TOMMY DREAMER :siren:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

BOBBY ROODE JUST SHOWED UP AT THE ECW ARENA AND IS DEFENDING THE WORLD TITLE AGAINST TOMMY DREAMER :siren:

it stinks

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

PWInsider posted:

We are hearing from TNA sources that their new TV deal is expected to finally be announced this coming week.

TNA has a hold on the Manhattan Center in NYC on 1/6, 1/7 and 1/8/15.

We are also hearing that this Wednesday's episode of Impact Wrestling will be the final episode on SpikeTV and that the originally planned "best of" episodes will not be airing on Spike after all.

"is expected" still doesn't mean anything until it happens though, keep in mind.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Probably a good time for TNA to just go away now

Just close your eyes TNA and let the cold take you

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

So it's gonna be more than a month they're shut down, at least?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Daniel Bryan posted:

"is expected" still doesn't mean anything until it happens though, keep in mind.

Considering that TNA has been expecting to announce a new TV deal every week since Bound For Glory, they must be running from network to network hoping that anyone will take them in.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Surely NYC is the best place to run tapings on a cheaper TV deal than the one that was barely keeping you alive.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

EugeneJ posted:

"In the tradition of Kurt Angle, in the tradition of Bully Ray of Team 3D, of James Storm, of Lashley--the man who will never die while eating a platter of burgers. As the real Nature Boy Eric Young, out getting some worms tonight. From the Chris Sabins, to the Jeff Hardys, to the Rob Van Dams, I accept this heavyweight title...wait a second, I'm Sting! I'm the fat man man himself, Samoa Joe. This is it tonight, Dixie! God, that's beautiful. And Mr. Anderson...and they can all kiss my rear end!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I really wanted to see how may AJ, Daniels & Kaz and MCMGs matches would air on the Best of TNA.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

I expected a child throwing a tantrum.

I don't see her as being that aware that the ship is sinking.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fauxhawk Express posted:

So it's gonna be more than a month they're shut down, at least?

:golfclap:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

I really wanted to see how may AJ, Daniels & Kaz and MCMGs matches would air on the Best of TNA.

You'll still get a chance to find out, Challenge tv has still been promised new content even after the spike deal expires.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
TNA can't compete with Amish Wrecking Crew, a show with 6 crew members, all paid more than Havok.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Xplosion is being moved to the Dumont network.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010
So is Matt Hardy back in TNA because I've been working on a theme just for him.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Gerpy posted:

So is Matt Hardy back in TNA because I've been working on a theme just for him.

Dee-ner-ner-ner-ner dee-ner-ner

MATT HAR-DY

Der-ner-ner-ner-ner der-ner-ner

PLEASE WORK OUT

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

Shine posted:

Dee-ner-ner-ner-ner dee-ner-ner

MATT HAR-DY

Der-ner-ner-ner-ner der-ner-ner

PLEASE WORK OUT

something much better, surprised no one's done it yet honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9BC2827Fq8

Maybe Steiner will come back now that Hogan and Flair are gone? :smith:

Gerpy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 17, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

quote:

We can confirm that we have been told by a few TNA sources that the company is indeed done with Spike TV and is expected to begin airing on a new partner in January of 2015. For those asking why so many people from within the company were tweeting about Spike and Bellator last night, we have been told that TNA and Spike are not having an acrimonious break up. TNA will still have a connection with Spike through Bobby Lashley and at this point, the December episodes of Impact are still scheduled to air on Spike at this time. Unlike when Spike cut off negotiations with WWE years ago, costing them money in their TV deal with USA as their leverage was taken away, this situation is said to be the opposite.

The new TV deal is said to be extremely close to completed, if it’s not already. We have heard from numerous sources that it will be a multi-year deal, which means TNA will have at least two more years on the air. It should be noted that many have speculated that the company was going to die at the end of the year, as some felt that they wouldn’t be able to find a new home for Impact. Barring and unforeseen development, that will not be the case. TNA will live on.

All signs point to it getting done in the next week, as Dixie Carter tweeted last week that they would announce a deal soon. We have been told that it will air on a smaller, lesser known network. While no one will confirm where the show will end up, there has been a lot of talk that it will end up on Destination America, which is owned by Discovery Communications (you can see if you have access to the channel by clicking here). It is available in a little more than half of the country, though speaking personally it is not currently available on the plan I have with Cox. I will have to pay to add it here in Las Vegas.

All signs point to the fact that the new deal will bring in less money than the old one did, at least at the start. However, with the new deal the company will have more opportunities in other areas. They will reportedly be able to have more programming on the network than just Impact and they will be the bellwether brand for the new partner, putting them in a position where they will be a top priority for the new network. They will be in a position to potentially help grow a network. Even if they can’t, once the deal is signed they will have at least two more years to “start again” and that will be their plan once they start doing new shows in January.

TNA aint dead yet.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm sure the agent fees they'll have to pay won't take away too much from the already meager allowance their new network will give them. Will Destination America pay for the all-new production staff, given Dixie fired the old one? Are they really going to front Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy money when TNA can't afford to pay them? New programming, are you loving kidding me? Bring back Xplosion, it's just what our new growing network needs!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Like TNA gave a gently caress about agents at any point

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The PWInsider report is nearly entirely what Meltzer already report earlier in the week.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 17, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea anyone with a base understanding of TNA and Destination America could have written that blind.

It's a bunch of conjecture.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Always holding out hope that the TNA "start again" poo poo will actually lead to them being consistently enjoyable and provide great wrestling with great storylines.

And sometimes it even starts off like that but peters off after a couple of months. Hopefully part of a new deal is to drop the loving TNA game and just be Impact Wrestling.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If TNA still exists and no one is around to see it does it still get a 1.0

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It hasn't gotten a 1.0 in a while so no actually

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why do you ruin everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Phenix Rising posted:

Always holding out hope that the TNA "start again" poo poo will actually lead to them being consistently enjoyable and provide great wrestling with great storylines.

And sometimes it even starts off like that but peters off after a couple of months. Hopefully part of a new deal is to drop the loving TNA game and just be Impact Wrestling.

TNA: New Blood Rising, coming to PPV this spring

• Locked thread