Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

This was a lot more interesting when I misread it as a headless woman in a topless rampage.

I mean it's still probably a riff on the old classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/6ixbuzztv/status/1618665933459046401

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

At least he admits priests would belong in hell

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

It's even better than that, apparently demons were performing a deliberately incorrect cover of Umbrella. And also Don't Worry Be Happy.

(you just had a weird dream, bro)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What the gently caress is the point of this?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pookah posted:

Getting egged is very much on the lower scale of possible attacks. That said, a full five minutes of getting egged in the face through a car window was probably on the rougher end of the Getting Egged scale.
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Getting Egged 32 Times In A Car Real Hahahaha Just Drive Away From The Situation Like Roll Up Your Windows Haha

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What the gently caress is the point of this?

Urinals at night to prevent drunk people stumbling out of bars and pissing in the street (moderately effective) without people having to look at row upon row of public urinals during the day.
I actually think it's not a bad idea, personally. But the execution (pun sort of intended) clearly needs some work.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1619014992426319873?t=uU9f41PjoZo6il-Bu7koEA&s=19

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I have no idea what mascara means in this context either.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I can't make heads or tails of OP.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"mascara" is tiktok lingo for "dick"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

So at this point TikTok has its own thieves cant

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
This feels like a "let's tell the Germans carrots are good for your eyesight so they don't know we've invented radar" type ploy, but I suspect I'm giving them too much credit.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Lady Disdain posted:

This feels like a "let's tell the Germans carrots are good for your eyesight so they don't know we've invented radar" type ploy, but I suspect I'm giving them too much credit.

You are. Tons of people still use a swear by dowsing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I couldn't read the whole article, but the top of it is lol.

quote:

A 2017 investigation found that 10 out of 12 water companies were regularly using water dowsing to detect leaks, prompting criticism from some academics that regulators should step in to stop the practice of “witchcraft” at customers’ cost.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If anything it's hydromancy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lady Disdain posted:

Never give the English that much credit.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1618980396082798594?s=46&t=URGkypfPQ5YiB8bRlmkP_g

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

on the Dollop podcast about the history of pie they told how there was a period of social panic about pies causing nightmares, but that was when pies were commonly made with liquor.
I got nothing on cheese intoxication.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend:

quote:

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend is a newspaper comic strip by American cartoonist Winsor McCay, begun September 10, 1904. It was McCay's second successful strip, after Little Sammy Sneeze secured him a position on the cartoon staff of the New York Herald. Rarebit Fiend appeared in the Evening Telegram, a newspaper published by the Herald. For contractual reasons, McCay signed the strip with the pen name "Silas".

The strip had no continuity or recurring characters, but a recurring theme: a character has a nightmare or other bizarre dream, usually after eating a Welsh rarebit—a cheese-on-toast dish. The character awakens in the closing panel and regrets having eaten the rarebit. The dreams often reveal unflattering sides of the dreamers' psyches—their phobias, hypocrisies, discomforts, and dark fantasies. This was in great contrast to the colorful fantasy dreams in McCay's signature strip Little Nemo, which he began in 1905. Whereas children were Nemo's target audience, McCay aimed Rarebit Fiend at adults.

The popularity of Rarebit Fiend and Nemo led to McCay gaining a contract in 1911 with William Randolph Hearst's chain of newspapers with a star's salary. His editor there thought McCay's highly skilled cartooning "serious, not funny", and had McCay give up comic strips in favor of editorial cartooning. McCay revived the strip in 1923–1925 as Rarebit Reveries, of which few examples have survived.

A number of film adaptations of Rarebit Fiend have appeared, including Edwin S. Porter's live-action Dream of a Rarebit Fiend in 1906, and four pioneering animated films by McCay himself: How a Mosquito Operates in 1912, and 1921's Bug Vaudeville, The Pet, and The Flying House. The strip is said to have anticipated a number of recurring ideas in popular culture, such as marauding giant beasts damaging cities—as later popularized by King Kong and Godzilla.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jokes on them, I do that for free every night

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/anyam8_/status/1619443709438996480?s=46&t=URGkypfPQ5YiB8bRlmkP_g

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

well that's sad.
I don't believe I had that rug as a child but the newer generation of children in my family did and the next generation too, those rugs are great fun for kids.

RIP man who improved the world.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I never had one either, but my best friends did, and I beelined to it every time I went to their house.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1618977753755258880

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:stonk: I wasn't aware that was even a possibility!

from now on I'll only observe pole dancers if they wear proper neck protection, I'll not stand for anything less on my weekends.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

This tweet isn't showing, did the guy who made the rug that looks like a town with roads laid out die?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

it got blocked but yes the tweet was that the original artist of the rug died at age 90-something .

The General
Mar 4, 2007

By popular demand posted:

:stonk: I wasn't aware that was even a possibility!

from now on I'll only observe pole dancers if they wear proper neck protection, I'll not stand for anything less on my weekends.

It can happen while doing basically anything phyiscal. That's why I just lay in my bed 20 hours a day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The caesium saga continues

https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1619008209892638721

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

for some reason I'm now going to find out how much time would a prospective nuclear terrorist last while attempting to smuggle a capsule up his butt, brb.

e: according to this chart, such a theoretical terrorist would start manifesting obvious illness at about 200 hours and isn't likely to survive after 1,000 hours without medical treatment.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Jan 30, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

San Antonio Zoo

quote:

As a part of your $5.00, $10.00, or $25.00 donation, YOUR not-so-special someone will receive:

OPTIONAL SEND: A digital downloadable Valentine’s Day Card informing them they were named after a cockroach, rodent, or veggie and fed to an animal at San Antonio Zoo!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:v: You mean that a cockroach was named after me and fed to an animal, right?
:colbert: .....
:v: OH GOD

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Binaural_90/status/1619866336393592832

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

By popular demand posted:

:v: You mean that a cockroach was named after me and fed to an animal, right?
:colbert: .....
:v: OH GOD

I once donated $100 to an animal sanctuary so they could castrate a bunch of goats, which I then got to name (the goats, not their testicles).

My internet gaming buddies were happy to have goats named after them, less so when I told them why I got to do that.

Can't win for losing (balls).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

when your favorite commission artist increases their rates but you have to get those fresh fursona shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

From what I've read of his work, the editor was dead right.