Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

lol this guy is just cringe personified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

lol this guy is just cringe personified

Which guy? The one who had a youtube, the one who wrote the article, or professional war crimes guy who investigated the youtuber?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I read part of the article because I didn't know who chalamet is and thought It was going to be about a war criminals YouTube channel.

How disappointing

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
^Same. As best I can tell, this Chalamet chap has never committed a single war crime.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lady Disdain posted:

^Same. As best I can tell, this Chalamet chap has never committed a single war crime.

Just wait until the next in the series of documentaries known as Dune comes out

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i mean he executes prisoners of war in the king, so

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Lady Disdain posted:

War crimes? No. Crimes against humanity? You be the judge.

https://twitter.com/ging_hive/status/1453060721986711560

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MikeJMustafa/status/1453577046215462921

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just wait until the next in the series of documentaries known as Dune comes out

*comedy voice* If you read the books you will find how really littel influence he have over the fishpeople and the jihad.

Tei has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Oct 29, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/freeduck5/status/1453523224323510272?s=21

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://apnews.com/article/oddities-europe-munich-ed30c73d397c3611a1712d2b9ec6c792

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1453959792683151369

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zuckerberg Announces Fantasy World Where Facebook Is Not a Horrible Company

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ol' Zucky can have me back on his service if I get to take a virtual poo poo on his avatar's face whenever I so choose.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is a time honored tradition that people with horrible tastes meet in a single place on the internet. Angelfire, Geocities, Facebook.

People argue that Facebook is the problem. Where I say is a blessing, otherwise you would have these people in every website of the internet. Having them in a single place make easier to ignore them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

Is a time honored tradition that people with horrible tastes meet in a single place on the internet. Angelfire, Geocities, Facebook.

People argue that Facebook is the problem. Where I say is a blessing, otherwise you would have these people in every website of the internet. Having them in a single place make easier to ignore them.

Concentrated dipshits self-amplify their own dipshittery. It's like having too many chunks of uranium too close together.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tei posted:

that's a nice thought, but facebook (and youtube, twitter, & other "algorithm"-driven companies) does also provably radicalize and by extension cause real world atrocities that could have been avoided with more conscientious moderation

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did the Trump presidency, Qanon and others mean nothing to you Tei?!
If so please teach me how to be ignorant.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tei posted:

Hmm, I feel like there's another classic website infamous for its trash people you are conveniently avoiding mentioning... Y'know, one with a big message board? Maybe you've even posted there yourself...?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

(Neopets)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

By popular demand posted:

Did the Trump presidency, Qanon and others mean nothing to you Tei?!
If so please teach me how to be ignorant.

Step 1: Be a dormouse who somehow knows how to type
Step 2: Achieve nirvana

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Carthag Tuek posted:

that's a nice thought, but facebook (and youtube, twitter, & other "algorithm"-driven companies) does also provably radicalize and by extension cause real world atrocities that could have been avoided with more conscientious moderation

And has been proven over and over, 'containment' communities don't work, and in fact backfire completely.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

"What, is Germany like the Alabama of Europe?"
"In many ways, yes."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tei posted:

What, is today National Head Up The rear end Day?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And has been proven over and over, 'containment' communities don't work, and in fact backfire completely.

What if you throw away the key?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/sandiegozoo/status/1453799768602251289

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

so thats fish, frogs, lizards, humans, and now birds, that are able to reproduce asexually,

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I am a curious fool who knows nothing of science, so forgive my ignorance:
Does this mean that the babies are clones of mum ? Or does nature have some other way of introducing variation ?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*attenborough voice, to a beat* the variations comes from random mutations

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is the best news for the yellow buzzards since Johnny Cash dies.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Lady Disdain posted:

I am a curious fool who knows nothing of science, so forgive my ignorance:
Does this mean that the babies are clones of mum ? Or does nature have some other way of introducing variation ?

Yes they are functionally clones of either mom's entire genome or parts of it. Random mutation will happen but not enough to really provide genetic diversity without new individuals.

There is/was an Attenborough show on Netflix called Natural Curiousites and one episode had a segment on komodo dragon parthenogenesis, where the eggs produced by parthenogenesis are all male, which helps when there are too many females but useless if it's just one lone female.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Humerus posted:

Yes they are functionally clones of either mom's entire genome or parts of it. Random mutation will happen but not enough to really provide genetic diversity without new individuals.

There is/was an Attenborough show on Netflix called Natural Curiousites and one episode had a segment on komodo dragon parthenogenesis, where the eggs produced by parthenogenesis are all male, which helps when there are too many females but useless if it's just one lone female.

Thank you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yup, that definitely meets the topic criteria

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Man dies after falling into plastic clothes horse

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I was 100% expecting this to be a Man walks into casualty with foreign object in rectum and claims he "fell" situation, but nope, just a really tragic accident.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They really should show us an example because I have no loving idea what's going oin

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

They really should show us an example because I have no loving idea what's going oin

They come in different shapes and I don’t know what that guy’s looked like, but it’s a small folding structure you can hang clothes on to dry.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That's a real Mr. Bean level death right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004