Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Should have told her complaints are only considered if One person makes one.

Oh the difference capitalization makes. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The newest William Gibson novel is a bit weird.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Say Nothing posted:

So it begins...

Personally, I support Limberbutt McCubbins.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jesus Christ that mom is a crybaby.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

RandomFerret posted:

loving Undertale

What was that T-shirt site with (randomly generated??) shirts like "I love my skeleton dads"?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Here are several hundred full college scholarships!" *BOOM!*

What the gently caress were they supposed to do, send in special forces with wheelbarrows to carry away the huge stacks of money?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The page wouldn't load for me and I was about to ask for explanation. Then I looked at the page title. :laugh:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

artsy fartsy posted:

How do you volunteer at a pet store? Do you mean you hang around and play with the animals, or are you ringing people up and stocking shelves without getting paid?

A lot of pet stores double as shelters for strays, or as the adoption outreach partner to a normal shelter.

It's entirely possible this is a regional thing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Geokinesis posted:

I don't think so, we have steak cut chips but they are different still to proper chips.

Steak fries come in varying dimensions. There is no government standard.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

For a while Radium managed to become a marketing buzzword. Those may (hopefully) not actually irradiate people's junk.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aesop Poprock posted:

Read that as a gull getting jailed for sexually assaulting a girl at first and now I'm mad that's not a thing

Way to wish birdrape on a girl. :mad:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aesop Poprock posted:

The town I currently live in had a fun story today

https://cdn.ampproject.org/c/fox43.com/2016/08/29/reinholds-man-arrested-for-having-sex-with-miniature-horse-in-ephrata/amp/

At least we were in the news for something that wasn't heroin related :unsmith:

Neigh means neigh.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Knormal posted:

Sadly no one seems to have pictures of the dog.

I was just coming here to post this, so instead I'll have to go with:

quote:

NC man with machete chases clown into woods

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/police-nc-man-machete-chases-clown-woods/nsSYg/

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

smuh posted:

How exactly do you fit a wedding ring on your dick

They're compressible when flaccid. Hth.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This post is how I found out he died. End of a goddamn era.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

How do you question a parrot? Will the prosecutor be allowed to treat it as hostile?

How do you cross examine a parrot? :psyduck:

What I’m saying is that a parrot is more like a piece of evidence than a witness.

African grays are by some measures as smart as a three year old human child. You can ask simple questions and get an answer. They'll request (demand) certain foods by name, cus in a child's voice to get them in trouble with their parents, and all kinds of other insane stuff you wouldn't think they could do. If there's any animal that can genuinely testify, this is it.

Not that it'll work, just that it's more feasible than you might think.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rollersnake posted:

"clbuttic bluegrbutt music"

The dark souls 2 word filter not only censored chunks of legit words, it did so for words and names that actually appear in the game. I saw multiple players with names like "Black K***ht."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

For the that to mean that Mandela was an 800-year-old dildo collector you'd have to remove the word "a".

Not always.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GrossMurpel posted:

She cut off his head after he was dead, what the gently caress. Clearly this is some kind of supernatural monster hunting scenario.

I remember reading about a dude in Florida that committed suicide by cutting off his own head with a chainsaw. This apparently involved an electric saw and a timed switch, like the kind that turns lights on and off when you're on vacation.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

Except the sentence would still be awkward and difficult to parse even with the extra comma?

Of course it would still be awkward, it's a contract. Grace and fluidity aren't the goal. But if you read the article it's a clear difference from a legal standpoint.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I feel like this is the setup for some kind of meta-show, like The Act of Killing only with the murdering at the other end of the production.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

theflyingorc posted:

It's actually really important that they make that clear?

Which is why it's a bad thing the headline and the bulk of the article don't do that. Thus the sarcasm.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rysithusiku posted:

Well MY plan would involve thousands but, hey, he still gets points for effort.

Mine would only involve one, but it'd be the size of a car and heavily armed.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

Why are your friends showing you their nipples?

If your friends are women with babies, and they breastfeed those babies, and you're a woman, your friends may not be as careful about being discrete if baby gets hungry while you're over for lunch or to chat or whatever.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

L0cke17 posted:

At my college we had a 'hugger mugger'. For like 2 months he wandered around and would come up behind people, male and female, hug them hard for like 10 seconds then run away.

There's a townn in Alabama that has as it's sole claim to fame a folklore character known as Hugging Molly, who will chase people down, hug them really hard, scream in their ear, then vanish mysteriously.

I've driven through and it's about as fun a place as you'd imagine.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Catberry posted:

Yeah. It's a disciplinary matter here. Imprisoning someone is already borderline illegal and making it illegal to pursue your own freedom is questionable.

It's illegal to disobey a court order. A prison sentence is a court order. It's not unreasonable to treat as purely a disciplinary thing, but it's also totally consistent to treat as a crime. I can understand not knowing this is how the US handles it, and lord knows there's lots of hosed up stuff in the American penal system, but it's bizarre to me that you think this is worthy of a psyduck.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why not just put them back in prison and give them a disciplinary punishment? Seems like a waste of time and money to run them through a trial for it.

Because the legal system is an ad hoc hodgepodge of statutes, precedents​, and traditions that accumulated over the course of two centuries and change, and there's zero incentive for politicians to spend time, money, and political capital fixing it just to save what amounts to pocket change on the relatively rare occasions someone escapes?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ZombieLenin posted:

Also, which direction do Muslims in space pray?

iirc, they pic a direction relative to the craft or station or whatever and call it Meccaward.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:allears: I love this. Such a goofy way to incriminate yourself.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

As I understand it the nazis cancelled the DC demonstration, as well as the Boston one that would have overlapped with some kind of cosplay event.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just the sad inevitable result of public breastfeeding. Once you see working breasts doing their job they stop being fun. :shrug:

I disagree.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Anyone else remember that guy who saved up his jizz for days/weeks, loaded it into a squirt gun, and sprayed it at people in a grocery store? I recall one of the comments on this site was "SURPRISE BUKAKE ON AISLE FIVE"

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Sep 23, 2017

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Police officer is minus 10.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's impossible to be totally unbiased. That's why I read nothing but the Daily Mail and the Washington Times.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ultrafilter posted:

That's from WorldNetDaily, so it's probably not actually true.

Fairly little of what Say Nothing posts in this thread is real.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Throatwarbler posted:

If you spend less money you end up with more of it left over.

I love how the advice is "ditch credit cards" rather than "don't buy poo poo you can't afford, regardless of mechanism."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Collateral Damage posted:

Was it a very small horse, or did the donkey have a step ladder?

You'll note it says "tried."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

spog posted:

Vatican City?

Fundamentalist isn't just another word for regressive.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Volcott posted:

You can't prove those are maji. Might just be dudes.

Magi. Plural of magus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The MSJ posted:

Just rename the team the Dik Diks or Blue Tits.