Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
'In his absence, a fly fell into his cup, and Mrs. Hooper, wife-like, exchanged cups." So at what point in history did women stop being garbage disposals? I don't care how expensive coffee was. The dude was a dentist. Make another cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

I kinda feel for this guy, idiotic as he is. I was not allowed into a fancy pants club for my cousin's wedding because I was wearing tennis shoes. That event was smart casual as well. When the gently caress did 'smart casual' even become a thing?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
A little late on the stray cat grandma, but that's my hometown. What the article failed to mention is that animal control refuses to pick up stray cats. Just out and out won't take them. So you can either feed them, or watch them starve because they're way overpopulated, thanks to a hoarder house that released over a hundred some years back. On the plus side, we'll never have a mouse problem.

We also have the worlds first strip mall built on a garbage dump. It's one grocery store and a dozen empty big box stores. Why'd everyone move out? Turns out that a garbage dump isn't very stable, and will leak methane into any structure placed on top of it. Wooo.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Platystemon posted:

Have they at least been spayed/neutered?

No. I hope someone finds that old lady and teaches her about TNR. I did some back in the days I had a condo, but it's hard to claim you know nothing about why fluffy now has no balls if there's a trap in your backyard.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/stephaniekays/status/1156744820007809024

This is some hosed up poo poo. Also look at the list of scientists who have been involved with him. Hawking, Gould, Sacks, Krauss (already known creep), Gell-Mann, Wilczel...

Did not know Krauss was a creeper. drat, I met him as a teenager and thought he was cool. Guess I got lucky.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Captain Monkey posted:

It’s just 100 eohippuses.

Aren’t dik-diks more or less duck sized horses?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
My sister in law had a gender reveal event. When her husband found out it was a boy, he was super excited. “Guess what the first thing I’m going to get him is?” “A suit?” “No” “A football?” “No! It’s a gun. I’m going to buy him a [place style of gun here] for when he gets older!”. I was torn between being disgusted by the idea of the gun, and the idea that he wouldn’t have bought it if it was a girl.

Guy got his comeuppance though. He was a cop of the variety that makes people think ACAB. Tried to pull a fat person who had fallen down off the ground. Ruined his hip. Department gave him nothing because he was not required by his job to help the woman to her feet. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah I'm sure there's a part of the story we're missing but he's not really selling how horrible this guy is

The man got his comeuppance for trying to help a civilian, he's now disabled for life!! :D

He really is the kind of guy who makes people think all cops are bad. He always showed up to family gatherings telling blatantly racist stories about his job. I know every saint has a past and every sinner has a future, but I still have a grudge against people who make life worse for those who are already struggling. Then again, I’m probably not seeing things from a fair perspective, as I love my nephews and think he has taught them some very bad attitudes.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Tei posted:

This is news to me.
A guy saved Pimball from getting considered gambling.

The thing is, before flippers it was basically pachinko. Also, while not gambling per se, it’s attached to a lot of mafia influences. To the point where, when I was a kid, my dad would point out the building of our city’s biggest coin op place, and tell me that was where the mafia lived.

I ended up working there for 7 years as a pinball tech. They were kinda mafia connected, but the mob’s not really that powerful these days.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
It’s a stupid satire piece that someone thought was real, and it spread from there. Humans stick plenty of things in plenty of places, but live chicken in the rear end is not a real combo.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I gotta admit, dog pulls baby otter from nest seems a lot more likely than dog saves baby otter. My mom’s dog routinely ate chipmunks whole. No much difference between those and a baby otter, at least to a predator.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
My brother’s cockatiel used to try and gently caress the back of his head, like, constantly. I never knew there was a hat to facilitate the operation.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Wait, they’re Incels. Which I have understood was short for *involunarily* celibate. He had the option to be not celibate, and he took it. Unless he was raped by someone I suppose. I don’t quite get what they’re upset about, even if their thing is misogyny.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Aww, poor guy just wanted some pancakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Lobok posted:

You'd think instead of the asteroid explosion, the pic should have been of the poisoning. Like a dinosaur gripping its throat and stumbling around before finally falling through a glass table.

What surprises me the most is the use of “may’ve” in a semi professional article. Is that a thing now? I may’VE been living under a rock.