Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

My brain can't even process this. :psyduck:

Pageants must be very boring where you come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

What possible explanation other than "I thought it would feel good" could he come up with?

Drugs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Painting the map black

I see a red map and I want it painted black.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Oh gently caress me, I thought this was the joke. Didn't even realize the math was bad. I am the target audience of Fox News.

They also give the source for the figures as being their opinions. They literally say that they just made them up on the spot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's the smallest news presenter I've ever seen.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

This picture is one of the best things the internet has ever given me:

Apparently, this is what happens if you give women the right to vote :derp:

The question at the bottom was intended to be rhetorical, right? Because it strikes me as perfectly cromulent.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Istari posted:

I like how, instead of looking terrified, he just looks vaguely put out. "Well, I guess I won't make it to the club in time for elevenses."

You know he's going to punch his way out of that shark. Still probably miss elevenses though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I love the firefighters at the end.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The babies or the crocodile?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

cyberia posted:

If I haven't played the other Far Cry games should I start at 4 or get the other ones first?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't think I've seen a pet store that actually sold pets in some years. They sell pet supplies now, and the actual animals are bought from breeders and/or shelters.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

poo poo this one is amazing.

She's certainly got a good arm. I hope a talent scout was reading that paper.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Are they the ones that hang out on the ceiling of the car, hidden by that thing you flip down to block sunlight?

They don't always fit properly but yes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oklahoma student brings dead squirrel to class, wanted to eat it http://news3lv.com/news/offbeat/oklahoma-student-brings-dead-squirrel-to-class

Is this better or worse than wanting to eat a live squirrel?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

timefly posted:

I would assume they meant the counterfeit ones were killing people, like, instantly

So they're a better, more efficient cigarette?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But how do you put them under oath?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This feels like something from Phoenix Wright.
"As I have shown your honor, the man died before he hung himself."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But... saxophones aren't flammable.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm guessing he is not going to get his license.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"Look at this wound pattern... definitely another victim of the knife-wielding stabbing machine."
"Sarge, I know our cleanup rates have skyrocketed but i think we should really consider turning that thing off."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do you put a leash on a snake? Serious question.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

You'd think not being immediately eaten would be a more valuable trait to pass on to your offspring than pretty wings. loving vapid females

I think the way it's supposed to work is "look at me, I'm so badass I've managed to survive despite having these useless loving wings. Mate with me and your daughters will have my badass genes plus proper wings. (Your sons will have hosed-up wings, but that's life I guess.)"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I thought it occurred within a few hours of eating, when your body begins digesting it. Food for humans takes roughly a day to pass through the body and be excreted. What's it like for komodo dragons?

Depends on the type of poisoning. Some bacteria (like staph) produce a toxin as they grow in the food - this takes 1-2 hours to affect you and clears up relatively quickly. Others (like salmonella) actually infect you, taking about 24 hours to become noticeable but lasting much longer (possibly requiring antibiotics)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Now that I'm not on my phone, I can elaborate: the half-remembered-and-potentially-bullshit-thus-why-I-asked theory was that humans pushed out whatever-Pandas-came-from long ago from their earlier biosphere by being humans (long before industrial progress would do it faster), and that learning to eat bamboo was a ecological response to that displacement.

Can you really say pandas 'learned' to eat bamboo when they're still so bad at it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

I will be so mad if AI's kill us all before the waters have a chance to rise because then global warming deniers will go to the cyber-holocaust convinced they were right :argh:

What if the AI is killing us because it has calculated that that's the only way to prevent global warming?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can you be charged with possession of drugs that are currently inside your bloodstream?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

More awesome than weird but

Who's tongue was it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That owl does not appreciate what they just called him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

My favorite dippin dots related story is that my former roommate's brother bought them not knowing what they were and was so confused by them that he figured something had to be wrong and he threw them away in a mall trash can

What's a dippin dot? Is acid involved?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The kid was supposed to kill the snake for valor and extra protein.
What sort of wusses are you raising Australia?!

Killing snakes is illegal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

Green hair and good with swords? He managed to land an anime heroine and he pissed it all away!

If she was /good/ with a sword he'd be dead. Empirical evidence indicates that she is in fact bad with swords.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do we know that though?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Automatic Retard posted:

What the gently caress did they shoot her with? A cannon? How does someone lose two legs in a cop related shooting?

Probably shot her five times (well, shot her 47 times and hit five times).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It turns out Jesus isn't a very good lawyer. I guess his training is 2000 years out of date.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I assume it's just Cop Math. The same way they come up with the 'street value' of drugs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Banksy is a stand alone complex.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CapitanGarlic posted:

That's the theory. In practice, it means that lethal force is authorized if a PoC is wielding a potentially dangerous set of functioning limbs.

LOL you think american cops wouldn't shoot a disabled man for not obeying commands fast enough.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

In the Matrix when Agent Smith is talking to Morpheus, he tells him the original Matrix was a paradise for people but our minds rejected it. I feel like this might be what the rejection started to look like, when reality just starts to go to complete poo poo.

You know those MonsterFactory videos where they hit 'randomise' repeatedly as the face slowly twists into a nightmarish parody of reality?
That's the simulation we're living in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pookah posted:

At the same time I 100% understand why chinese parents want to ship in outside products - the very idea of your child starving to death because the loving babyfood is really ground up plastic is almost too nightmarish to comprehend.

What happened in this case is that the milk company paid dairies for their milk at a varying rate depending on the protein content. This was to stop the dairies from watering down their milk before selling it.
The standard test for protein just checks the amount of nitrogen. So someone at one of the dairies realised that if they added some cheap industrial plasticiser to the milk they could water it down and still have it test as having a high protein content.
The dosage they used wouldn't be good for an adult drinking the milk, but it probably wouldn't cause acute problems and anyone that did get sick probably wouldn't link it to the milk. However, the milk company (who knew nothing of this) went on to turn the milk into milk powder, and then the company that bought the milk powder turned it into infant formula. The dosage was definitely enough to kill an infant, which it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Why are people buying sausage at a hardware store and why is it served on supermarket white bread?

Because that's How Things Are Done.