Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drone_Fragger posted:

I was always partial to this one, personally:

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zombie Boat posted:

I watched this and loved it and then a suggested video is him on the street. "I will physically execute all Americans."

Death draft.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
SMASH MOUTH HATE THE BREAD :saddowns:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Just for the record here, as far as constructed languages go, klingon is really lovely.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dienes posted:

I remember hearing it is missing a lot of common items and objects, so instead of 'table' you had to say something like 'flat thing for putting upon.'

Pretty much, yeah. The language just outright doesn't have a ton of vocabulary that you need for normal conversations. The grammar structure is also completely backwards from what English uses, so it can seem more alien I guess. It uses an object-subject-verb object-verb-subject word order, so to give an example from wikipedia, instead of saying "Sam ate oranges" you'd say "oranges ate Sam".

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Isn't that basically how some actual languages work?

No, not really. With living languages, if there's a word you need but don't have, you can either make something up or borrow a term from somewhere else. Constructed languages can't evolve or change like that simply because nobody speaks them.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jul 13, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm no linguist, but wouldn't that be object - verb - subject?

Whoops, you're right. Messed that up.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

How's that happen, anyway? I'd think it was a browser extension that changes gate to fart, but if that were the case then it seems like it'd be investifartd.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zephonith posted:

This extension didn't exist, so I made one.

#gamerfart

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I hope your cellmate thinks he's god, but CNN refer to him as bowling ball bag bob
Serving time again for abuse of a corpse, only this time the victim's a clydesdale horse

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

I swear, this past week, Carson has decided he doesn't want to win and is trying to deliberately appear to have a full on meltdown. There's this, there's the whole pyramids quote that's just bizarre to even exist, there's him screaming at CNN anchors that they're stupid for believing he said something they just played a video clip of him saying, etc etc.

It's just his bullshit catching up with him. Whenever Carson gets a question he doesn't like, his response is always to deny everything. I remember I noticed it back in August, when it came out that he used aborted fetus parts for research after criticizing Planned Parenthood for supplying those parts. His response was to say that never happened, even though there are papers with his name on them that say otherwise. Just about every scandal of his, before and after that, has gone the same way.

It's been working for a while because it's such a bold thing to do, but he doesn't have the acumen to keep it up forever. The guy's a bad politician.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Not exactly a headline, but I did notice this on the front page of wikipedia today.

Classy.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And Fary Cry 1 is a really competent stealth-action game that managed to age incredibly well, where the last 10% of it is complete garbage because it has a bunch of monsters in it for no reason that attack you out of nowhere.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

Gee,swap the genders and I don't think anyone would find that very funny. Just another example of male privilege I guess

Is this sarcasm or not? I can't tell anymore.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Being bound, starved, and raped over the course of several days seems pretty nightmarish regardless of the genders involved.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Postal Parcel posted:

This is a great piece of propaganda.

Seriously? It's stupidly homophobic.

Not like I'd expect better from a British tabloid, but still.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gok0k3mcw

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bullshit, there's no way that's real.

e: It's not

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 10:51 on Dec 12, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
As far as I can tell the robot story is real, but it's not exactly unbelievable. It's just another failed foray into a still very young field, nothing really noteworthy about that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

Definitely not going to gently caress with those kids’ heads at all. :stare:

It's the daily mail, so there's a good chance they made that part up

theflyingorc posted:

Stefonkee is perhaps the stupidest name I've ever heard

fwiw it's pronounced Stephanie, and also the daily mail might've made that part up too

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwVw6x7lzGY

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

Goons have already pointed out how dumb that poll was because it was literally YES, NO, UNSURE, there was no option for "that's not a real place" or anything like that

I don't really see how that changes anything. If you know it's fake, why would you answer yes? The fact that 30% of republicans support bombing a place they've never heard of is all anybody cares about.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

swampland posted:

I'd probably say yes if some pollster asked me if I favored nuking narnia

Maybe this is just my cultural bias showing, but I'd think that Narnia is a lot more instantly recognizable than the city from Aladdin.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
From news coverage of the ""militia"" over in Oregon

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage posted:

Calling them the Y'all-Queda is one of the better things to come out of Twitter in a while. :v:

Vanilla ISIS and Yokel Haram are good, too

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

In cases of death by misadventure in Korea, it would be reported that they were suffocated or died of hypothermia by running their fan overnight to preserve the honor of the family.

Misadventure, in this case, usually means suicide and such.

Fan death is somehow pretty well accepted as a fact over there, with the Korean government even backing the myth.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's in Massachusetts

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Daniel Radcliffe turned out pretty well for a child actor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSH_UOaO9w

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flared bases, people! FLARED BASES.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Wrong. They're food in bread, therefore sandwiches.

Burritos are nothing but a subset of wraps, which according to wikipedia are a sandwich alternative.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

— Ah, thank you Euthyphro, now I feel we are getting somewhere. Truly, now I think I understand. If a sandwich is something edible in between two pieces of bread, with the whole composed in such a way as to be easily held within the two hands, then obviously three pieces of bread, held together in the hands, is a sandwich.
— I do not see what you mean, Socrates. Surely a stack of pieces of bread is simply a loaf of bread, as any man knows.
— Now Euthyphro, you seem to be teasing me again, for look, here is a piece of edible bread, placed in between two other pieces of bread, the whole of which, you must agree, I hold quite easily in my hands, withered and shaking though they may be.
— Well Socrates, it is true, now that I think on it, that these three pieces of bread do in fact ascribe to my earlier definition. And yet, anyone could tell you that this is not a sandwich.

Bull

poo poo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

It's not just the woman who was stupid: how does a cabin attendant, who presumably has some intelligence and a some training in aircraft safety, hear the accusation of terrorism, sees that it is just maths and still calls the air marshals?

It was probably a legal requirement

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

Now they say we can't eat uranium :rolleyes: loving nanny state

It works fine until your jaw falls off

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stoatbringer posted:

Bride's honeymoon ruined after travelling to see famous train station cat - only to be told it was SLEEPING
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brides-honeymoon-ruined-after-travelling-8110485

quote:

A cat-lover made a 300 mile trip while on honeymoon to see a famous train station cat - only to be turned away and told she was taking a nap.

“I went to the enquiries desk and they told me she was asleep. I said I’d come all this way on my honeymoon and I just wanted to see the cat. I was in tears - I was mortified.

“I said I know it’s a cat but I just wanted to see her. I had only just lost my own cat, Molly. I was distraught.

wow

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

This sounds like something a guy that hates Australians would make up when talking poo poo about them.

:bahgawd:: "Yeah, so this fuckin Aussie piece of poo poo, he's all 'oi mate I dobbed in me pa in Humpty Doo' or however they fuckin talk--"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_rXxi0zhM

That's a great speech, too bad New Zealanders are a bunch of cocky a-holes descended from criminals and retarded monkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You know, when you think about it, aren't bears really just overgrown dogs?