Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Slime posted:

I know a kid named Charlie Brown, the poor bastard.

Is he a clown, that Charlie Brown?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Detective Thompson posted:

Us white people seem to have problems telling just how old black people are, anyway.

And Hispanic people. And Asian people.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wait. Keanu Reeves is part Asian? Next you'll be telling me Ben Kingsley is part Indian.

Seriously, though. White people just seem to age worse than every other ethnicity. I don't know if it's our vulnerability to the sun or what.

22 Eargesplitten has a new favorite as of 20:40 on May 12, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Seriously. Talk to him, listen to any stories he's willing to tell. You'll regret not knowing more, but you'll be glad for what you do know. It's tempting to put it off because you don't want to acknowledge the possibility of him dying, but it will be too late before you're ready to consider it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The best thing about that story for me is that Fort Collins is a town of 120,000 people, and that isn't even their biggest festival. Smash Mouth fell so far that they are playing second-rate festivals in a college town while all the students are gone for the summer.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Morter posted:

Uh, it's moosen. :eng101:

Elchen. Borkelchen in Swedish.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

So you're saying the claim it did doesn't have a leg to stand on?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

It uses an object-subject-verb word order, so to give an example from wikipedia, instead of saying "Sam ate oranges" you'd say "oranges ate Sam".

I'm no linguist, but wouldn't that be object - verb - subject?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I swear I read about another incident like that within the past 6 months. People just love to shoot at one of the few naturally armored animals, I guess.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I saw the word "rasher" and without ever having heard it before or even knowing what it was, I knew it must be British.

Wait, so it's bacon? Insert joke about Brits having lovely teeth here.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That sounds like a cover-up for attempted murder, honestly.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Maybe in Britain, but over here suing pigs just gets you constant harassment.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The moment I knew with absolute certainty that Mitt Romney had no chance was when I heard that Obama had Jay-Z and Bruce Springsteen at a rally/concert shortly before the election. Mitt Romney had Kid Rock.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I hope nobody forgets.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

So that's what happened to lactose intolerant cheese loving goon.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Cumslut1895 posted:

the best example is the Emu War article, which used to use the standard military battle template until it upset someones autism

TBH someone should just be constantly reverting it back to that.

I'm kind of confused how the emu war even managed to fail that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

It's furrier, actually. You don't become a billionaire paying someone else for your toupees.