Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I need to dig up the photo I took but there was a local paper that had an ad for a local marathon that was going to happen at the same time as the Boston Marathon (as these things do). The ad was basically the silhouette of a runner backed by a massive fiery explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

One thing you learn going to security conferences is that Feds are absolutely in love with the idea of joking about secret agent stuff. If you ever want a laugh go look at all the mission patches for really nerdy military, NSA and fed projects.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a conscious strategy. Joke about like surveillance & people will tend to disregard it when they hear about it elsewhere...

If you were scared about conspiracy theories you'd be terrified by a lot of those patches:

I think it's more just nerds who are in charge of things like legitimate spy satellites, and when you get in that position it's basically your sworn duty as a nerd to make something look as much like something that Cobra would have planned as possible.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Kavak posted:

If even one of those patches references "Electric Eye", every single crime the NSA has ever committed is retroactively justified.

The best I can do is there is one for (IIRC) an Airforce experimental test plane mission that references Insane Clown Posse.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Josef bugman posted:

Its only a short step between this and naming everything in a manner that 13 year olds would consider "A bit much".

I told you one of them was ICP themed, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

This reminds of when Safeway used to sell their store brand grape soda. It had a little thing on it that said "Kid Approved!"

When you tore open the package so you could fridge pack it, it would tear off the the G, resulting in RAPE SODA Kid Approved!

They changed that packaging after like two solid years and I always wondered if anyone at corporate noticed.