Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So uh...what's stopping me from picking the robot up and moving it a space over? And what if someone parks in your spot after payment and before deployment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The best part about this is that they also had a cow named Bra.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

quote:

Last year, a construction worker miraculously survived after he was electrocuted, thrown from his workstation and then impaled through the anus by a four-foot steel bar.

Yep robots are going to kill us all. The last part of that article lists a ton of horrifying robot mishaps.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

I am protected.

Pretty sure Impalerbot can throw some foot-long spears up a staircase.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

See that could be avoided if you moved somewhere nudity isn't illegal, like wonderful WA.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Deep Thoreau posted:

I hate samsquanches, those dirty bastards!

Samsquanch is gonna get you

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

How the gently caress do you not realize someone in your care is pregnant? Seems like an abortion would have been a pretty good consideration.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

E you know what this is too nasty to think on, nevermind

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oxidized copper?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

No one escapes Florida.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How long do you have to live in Florida before it's permanent? Asking for someone who did a grade there (me).

You'll know as soon as your licence plate turns to "A55ORGY"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

It just kinda appears in your house after a while. You might find it in the back of the closet while you're looking for lost meth, or maybe under the bed. Also while you're looking for lost meth.

All of a sudden, you're Florida Man or possibly Florida Woman.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oh that's loving sad

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Actually yeah that does. Thanks, friend!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

gently caress. They've got me. I'm super curious about the flavor but also unwilling to do the stuff to get one (maybe I'll find a vending machine.)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

So how long before some black 18yo that's having sex with his 17yo girlfriend gets sterilized? Or some black guy nude in his own house is reported by a neighbor and sterilized? Because I feel like that's what this is gonna become.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Well you can't freeze the *entire* body because of accidental zombies

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Whooping Crabs posted:

The future of your frozen head is probably more like "Hey man, throw another frozen head in the cooler. Beer's gettin warm."

I'm okay with this.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hah

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

So apparently the females get 13 meters long. That's longer than most busses.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Marcade posted:

From my reading of it, it's no different than a college campus having its own police force. It's a church with an academy of 2k plus students. It's not like they're the Redneck Swiss Guard or anything.

Have you like... seen what's happening in the US today? A woman just got indicted because she got shot in the stomach when a man attacked her, so it was naturally her fault the baby died. A religious police force isn't unbelievable.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I'll take the healthy gem lasers, tyvm

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I love that this keeps happening and it's always cat ears.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

So why did they put that as the headline when there are so many more things worse than that? Like they found a torso with a head sewn on hanging from the wall like some sort of Frankenstein's monster.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

So you guys think it would be alright to go to Florida to pick up some free iguanas?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

come through Kentucky on your way and I'll come with you; my dead gay backyard needs an adorable invasive species

Hell yeah lizard road trip!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

environmental biologist in 2086, reading this thread:

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Nah it's okay. I'm in the PNW and they'd freeze if they got loose.

Besides, we really need more protein sources when the world goes to poo poo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

We live in hell world, so I feel like feeding strays and having feral cats around killing birds is way less of a worry than fitting our cars with Mad Max-style armor before the incoming apocalypse.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cinni posted:

I am pretty biased as a smoker, but this sounds really lovely to implement. They don't give a gently caress about promoting a healthy lifestyle, they just want to be able to lower cost; money is the real bottom line about this.

I'm a nonsmoker and still think that's lovely as gently caress. Let people do what they want with their bodies. Jesus. This whole moral poo poo against tobacco is getting nuts.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

As soon as they get rid of cigarettes and soda and baked goods they're going to start doing just that. Oh, ride a motorcycle? Sorry we're banning that within city limits for reasons. Have a scubadiving hobby? Seems like it could be bad for you, maybe we get rid of that. For your safety, you know. Anyway here's a water bottle that tracks how much water you drink in a day and sends it directly to us.

Oh boy I can't wait to have the world covered in bubble wrap for my safety!

I couldn't find the picture of the playground and Ralph completely covered in bubble wrap so you get what you get.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Blue Moonlight posted:

What do we have to etch on a gun to prevent Americans from using them?

"Low-fat"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah if the mom wasn't lying she would have gone to the cops immediately. But, she's lying and wants to get rid of a kid that she adopted because the kid is just too much. The doctor's notes are obviously fake, on top of everything else. Hope her son gets taken away too.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Long pig: You’ll get brain-eating prions even if you cook it. I can’t imagine how stupendously hazardous eating it raw is.

I mean, the person has to have prion disease in the first place, and you'd have to consume the spine or brain. So probaby not. Your first-world neighbors are just fine to eat. Who wants to have to go to the store for Thanksgiving anyway?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Fun fact: The overwhelming majority of prion diseases are spontaneous.

So sometimes I forget this and I get horrified all over again. Thanks. Now I have to be either very concerned with eating the neighbors, or way less concerned because meh, something is gonna give me kuru eventually and I might as well eat what I like :shrug:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Dylan16807 posted:

It depends on how many neighbors. If you only eat 2-5, and they didn't eat anyone... that's likely safe?

The real key is to not share meals, if you want to keep the risk of spreading to a minimum. If one brain can only infect at most one person, things are a lot better.

So what you're saying is that I should probably just pit roast a few neighbors at once and serve separately, so everyone in the family gets one to themselves and maybe not people rabies. Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Like a magnetron gun?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Are you telling me that Daniel Craig, the one and only Benoit Blanc himself, wants to start a war? Start a nuclear war?

And indeed, AT THE GAY BAR GAY BAR

Still kicking myself over missing them a few weeks ago at ElCo in Seattle

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

John Wick didn't even use blanks. It was all special effects. There's no reason to use blanks for movies anymore.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

No lie I would love to have that hair. Imagine having a mohawk that stands on its own!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

Nope, definitely ears.

I couldn't find a clear picture, but they're distinctly ear-shaped. We also have orange-slice-shaped sweets (which are gross), which look much more like orange slices.

Well these look delicious and fun to eat, too!

Like we have aspirin that doesn't look like anything and kids still eat it and die terrible deaths. Oh no, your kid is gonna eat a weed ear and... sleep well that night? Sounds absolutely awful for everyone involved.