Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What reform did he propose.

Most of what he wants is for things to stay the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do like how the attorney just can’t figure a way to articulate his argument because it’s so insane

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Most studies say the the majority don’t tend to radically shift politics as they grow.

Boomers were always that way

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doesn’t have much to do with my point but okay

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

If you ever have a point, it's tp to your poo poo-posts.

Okay boomer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

At this point boomer is more a mindset than an age group

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A lot of official numbers don’t count people who died before visiting the hospital.

I don’t know if they ever folded that in but it was a thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Actually Trump got a lot of companies unto this council.

A lot of them didn’t even know they were on it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cyberbug posted:

I find the effectiveness of terrorism vastly overrated in this graph.

Or since the Y axis is unlabelled, terrorism being very slightly better than nonviolent protest in "destabilizing power" might be accurate after all.

What that would be silly terrorism is great at destabilizing it’s kind of the point

Hell the Russian reforms wouldn’t have happened without the SRs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s pretty cyberpunk to get a cease and desist for your sexuality

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m..... genuinely surprised joe said that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

doverhog posted:

That would be idiotic indeed, normie. Addressing the guy on twitter, no need to respond.

He wasn’t polling badly either, that’s like objectively untrue.

Still lol at Glenn sliding right into the right wing conspiracy poo poo with ease

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair fact checking in the west has also become a joke where it’s now functionally no different than an opinion piece

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

EasilyConfused posted:

:smug: Well actually everything sucks. :smug:

I mean it does, I saw a fact check that said while the facts said were correct, they shouldn’t have been so mean.

Fact checking has functionally just become an extension of the fact checkers politics

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean yes? Are you seriously saying major newspapers have no power or did you just not think this through

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Don Gato posted:

I'd say better, most goons would expect that to burst into flames and ram an orphanage or something.

I believe it sets itself on fire and runs into cop cars actually.

Though expect isn’t the right word because both those things happen surprisingly frequently

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

IIRC Guinness found nothing after investigating the records and reinstated them.

Twin Galaxies however did not reinstate him and he threatened to Sue both, and is currently sueing the one who didn’t buckle

CharlestheHammer has a new favorite as of 11:40 on May 23, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

...... maybe you should look into what you’re railing against before you....rail against it.

I assume you are talking about the image from the Graphic Novel “Preacher”.
That scene is the middle of a rant about how the supposedly self proclaimed “ubermensh” are always gormless
Weasel men.

Yeah but that rant isn’t about trying to fix or convince them it’s pure self satisfaction

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean that was the point. It doesn’t try and hide it

What do you think it was

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This is dumb. A master race dude isn’t going to care about your opinions trying to rationalize your way into it changes nothing.

The only people who are realistically going to be hurt by these children’s insults are the type who you really wouldn’t go out of your way to throw them at

CharlestheHammer has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Jun 13, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Making fun of them online isn’t really accomplish that. Which is fine but I think people are a little online poisoned it they think their internet jabs do anything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Clockwork Orange didn’t make up words, they just used local slang.

Apparently to blunt the subject matter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So real slang yes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

What do you think "real slang" means? Not to mention "local slang".

Means he did not make it up. And literally every culture you listed lives in Britain. Which is why he used them. I feel like your point is trying to be more pedantic than anything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

I didn't list any cultures, that was a different poster.

Using real Russian words that are not slang in their native tongues as part of how a British teenage character speaks in a dystopian novel is not "real slang" at all.

I mean yea it is? Why wouldn’t it be?

I think your confused. The original point was they were words he made up. Which they weren’t they were all real slang people used. Who used it is immaterial.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

There were plenty of made up words here.

Fair enough. But there were plenty of real words so just because they sounded weird doesn’t make them made up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How is it goal post moving to say your wrong. Which I was, there where made up words in there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Death stroke was invented in the 80s. Way before the more grim turn of the 90s

He even had a cheesy 70s name Deathsttoke the Terminator

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean he’s not wrong KFC is objectively worse in the US than anywhere else.

I don’t know why, I don’t think any other fast food chain is like that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The US does Ethnic cleansing but people kind of stopped caring about that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kind of, yeah. The Olympics are a huge money sink that nobody wants, so only rich and evil or very poorly run countries are willing to take on the risk. IIRC the only other city that bid on these games was somewhere in Kazakhstan.

Then the World Cup will happen in Qatar, where a bunch of migrant slaves died building stadia for the event in a country that has no notable soccer history to speak of and is too hot to play the tournament during its normal timeframe. 2022 is an exceptionally bad year if you like the idea of international sporting competitions.

No coincidence the US has had them the most times then

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

gleebster posted:

People still repeating that "Nixon created the EPA" hogwash? A veto-proof majority in both houses of Congress created the EPA. Nixon was just a smart enough politician to get out of the way.

People really want to like Nixon, I don’t know why

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean british culture has become desperately hope daddy American notices us, so that tracks.

But they will never love you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That’s a Greek hoplite fool

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Now I just wanna know how many people didn't need medical treatment!

The ones that were right with god

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The only thing that can stop a cop is nine other cops with clubs.

Bringing back decimation baby

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Private contractors got to be paid somehow

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Who you gonna believe, Biden or trained internet doctors

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Charles should dissolve Parliament.

It’s his destiny.

Somewhere Charles Stuart is nodding his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GWBBQ posted:

It was because they did it at the station while on duty.

I mean they kill people on duty but that usually gets you a lighter punishment