Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is just the new version of swatting, goddamn kids these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm about to unironically say it, here goes: don't kinkshame

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Swan pictured here with a puzzled look on his face, trying to figure out what the hell 'manky' means

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is that about the current protests? Did the Weather Underground make a comeback?

If so I'm joining them, if we're dethroning God I'm in

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

doverhog posted:

Yes, now step in this salt circle and suck my dick, it's magic.

I was thinking more in a JRPG way, but if it doesn't work out I'll give you a call.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's the part I don't get. Has that organisation made a comeback or is it just literal fake news again?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Just want to take a minute to appreciate this stellar detective work

The devastating accident obviously occurred when he was trying to fix his broken lawnmower, and said broken lawnmower explains the overgrown garden. His story checks out.

I must contact the FBI posthaste, they are about to put an innocent man away.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Did you actually know that or did you just logically assume the Sun would be wrong

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They're going about this all wrong. They need to do high-profile horrible things so that lower-case lesbians will no longer want to be associated with Lesbos. Well, I guess this dumb lawsuit is a good start.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Vienna police fine man €500 for 'massive intestinal wind'

Flatulent, hates the police - alright, which one of you was this?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was curious to see which resource would officially turn the UK into an EU vassal state, but I wasn't expecting it to be biscuits.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Maya, as an ethnic group, definitely still exist. There are millions of them. I doubt they use this ancient calendar in their daily lives, but who knows.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bro I know 20 years is nothing for God, but why are you still using a CRT monitor

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Could God create a game so bad that it only has one quicksave slot and no autosaves? Theologoons have been debating this for years

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

True in the sense that I'm constantly giving bad reviews to this pay-to-win bullshit

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Respect your social betters, we have three times the chin you do

Some of us even have three chins

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They have the divine right......the divine right to kiss my rear end, that is !!!! :D :D :D

1789 | F R E N C H R E V O L U T I O N C R E W | 1789

-xXxRobespierreblazeit420xXx-

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The French Revolution is legitimately one of the most important events in human history, despite the Terror, and even if the main short-term effect was to pave the way for bourgeois liberal capitalism.

The Russian Revolution is a lot more :yikes: when you know how it turned out, and the worst atrocities/genocides occurred after the situation had already stabilized and there was no immediate internal or external threat.

e: I only truly respect three numbers; 69, 420, and 1789

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Marcade posted:

If you consider my mother spherical, yes.

Hah kind of like your

Wait poo poo!!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is a genre now, a thousand years from now art historians will be saying that this was the style of the early 21st century

e: Round Jesus will be considered our Mona Lisa

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Randaconda posted:

Mine came back 99 percent the dirt of Europe, so :same:

Which company did you guys use for the test? I've been thinking of getting one for my dad for his birthday. The racial stuff probably wouldn't interest him since there's no reason to think he's anything but 99%-100% 'European', and he wouldn't care if he wasn't, but he's always going on about human evolution, Neanderthal intermixing, haplogroups, etc.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Most Asians too, if I remember correctly. Latest finds indicate that there's been quite a bit of intermixing among humanoid species, found especially in the DNA of human groups that left Africa.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What do the medical companies do with the information? Create mutant superhuman soldiers?

Honestly, if my dad is some sort of serial killer, I don't mind if he gets caught

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lobok posted:

The medical aspect of the DNA sequencing is interesting, like I could understand if a person wants to know if they've got Alzheimer's headed their way but the genealogy part is just funny to me. Like ok, I apparently am 20% "Italian"? I don't know how that changes anything about my life or who I am unless-a I a-want to-a talk-a like-a thees.

It can be incredibly important to mixed-race people, especially those from the New World who often have no idea what their racial make-up might be. No, it doesn't change anything in practice, and it's not rational, but people aren't rational. It has reaI emotional value to some people, and I can understand that.

What I'll agree with is that it gets arbitrary when it gets too granular, like distinguishing more than two or three types of European. Europeans have been mixing among themselves (and others) since prehistoric times. There's a certain flawed circular logic to it all. We've determined that people from [country] tend to have this genetic composition, you have this genetic composition among others, therefore...it's more of a statistical likelihood than a certainty.

e: if you don't believe the emotional part, check out some 'DNA reveal' videos on YouTube, many of them are actually crying at the end.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Right, it's funny for you. I don't like using the p buzzword, but it's a form of privilege (for you and me and my dad) not to have to care about something like that at all.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

d3lness posted:

Wait, are you saying is privilege to for genetics to not matter or for some distant ancestry to not matter?

The privilege is never having to think about your ancestry at all, at least in the context of many American countries.

Best example is, I've seen several videos of African-Americans doing these tests, and they react in different ways when they (almost inevitably) find out they're 20-30% European. I can imagine it being hard to come to grips with the fact that a large part of your genetic make-up is a consequence of what was basically rape. Turns out many of them had family stories of Native American ancestry probably specifically to cover up that fact.

e: I am usually the first one to be dismissive of identity politics but this particular case I don't really find hard to understand?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The greatest thing they did was making it easier to see boobs

A historical paradox

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Practically all of us are going to have that, go back far enough and your family tree will be a tangled mess, epic inbreeding jokes notwithstanding. Otherwise you would end up with infinite ancestors, which makes no sense.

That's why it's completely meaningless, genetically speaking, to say that you're descended from this or that famous 16th-century person.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why wouldn't they? It would be completely nonsensical if genes didn't mirror geography.

The arbitrary/circular part is when you decide that someone is '6% Italian' based on that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've been saying it for years, these streamers are just too drat sexy

Turn it into a class-action suit

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How else would you describe it? It's the straight male equivalent of a dildo but that hardly seems more informative

I actually wonder if there are that many people above/below a certain age who don't know what it is

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Huh. I didn't even know it was like a Google situation. I wonder if you have the Fleshlight producer suing people who try to turn it into a common noun.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah they're a drain on society

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

"Stop for a while."
"She won't let me."

Man the way this is phrased makes it sound like you got raped. Either way, sounds like you got the better end of the deal divorcing that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The documents were so stained and crumpled as to be almost unreadable

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We had to go to the library to do the shoot since I'm banned from most churches

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is it weird that I actually don't think this reflects negatively on Trump, given the past couple of years?

We already knew he was clueless, I didn't know he was capable of caring about a human being that wasn't him

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It took years and Eminem for white rappers to recover from Vanilla Ice, but now in the age of trap they're allowed to be almost just as numerous and at least as bad as the black ones. We've come so far

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

PYF is one big thread anyway, just leave your post wherever you posted it and it'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ohhhhh :argh: