Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Straya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Karma Monkey posted:

Why is "carrying" circled? That's the correct way to break the word from line to line, isn't it?

I think that's the CBS logo.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Not so ridiculous, but it made me laugh:

e:

The future is now.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Mar 13, 2015

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Cacafuego posted:

The UK has Latisha's?

Ahh, there we go:

Also, the author is the voice of Dr. Robotnik in the Sonic cartoon. Coincidence?...

We had a Latisha (spelt Latecia, I think) at my school in Australia.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Several hours ? He was doing it for several hours before they asked him to leave ? What the actual gently caress ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Well, I hope they were wearing gloves.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

KillHour posted:

The homeless guy my friends would get to buy them booze back in high school called himself Jesus. Does that count?

Was he Mexican ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Kitsch! posted:

Having children ages you terribly, it seems.

Meryl Streep has also aged really well, and she has kids.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

"it's only the ruddy great oval office that spoils it" is a phrase one just doesn't hear often enough nowadays.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Collateral Damage posted:

Aquaman got a new career.

Yep, and we laughed about it 2 pages ago.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

davidspackage posted:

Wasn't Blanket's actual name Prince II (since he had another kid also named Prince)?

My Jacksology is rusty.

Half right; Michael, Paris-Michael and Prince Michael, iirc.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I love the way "misjudged own girth" is in inverted commas in the title as if it's a quote from the hedgehog.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Gum posted:

its a city sized seagull. im surprised you havent seen them around

Yeah, they're pretty common here in Australia. But they mostly stick to the outback.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Solice Kirsk posted:

They live in burros?! How big are they in Australia?!?!?!

Large enough to house a flock (or "slaughter" as they're known) of venom-spitting giant seagulls.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Karma Monkey posted:

Little known fact - the first Birdemic was supposed to be set in Australia, but when the entire first cast was poisoned/eaten/dragged off by dingos/crocodiles/seagulls, James Nguyen gathered up a second cast and shot it in California.

R.I.P. First Birdemic Cast. :australia:

I'd never heard of this film, so I googled it. People have described it as "the worst film of all time", so I'm off to watch it. Thank you so much for letting me know of its existence.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Karma Monkey posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but if you're for real, enjoy! You are in for a bad movie treat. Once you've "enjoyed" it, check out the rifftrax version. Birdemic is the Manos of low-budget Hitchcockian rip offs.

I was being completely serious; terrible, low-budget "horror" movies are one of my favourite things in the world. I just got a chance to see Birdemic, and I was not disappointed !

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

It really needs to be noted that the best part of this bit of the movie is that, if you watch this gif for 2 minutes, you've watched the whole scene. That's all that happens; they just stand completely still and swat at birds that are also completely still.

e: sorry for the derail.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Das Boo posted:

I saw the word "rasher" and without ever having heard it before or even knowing what it was, I knew it must be British.

You don't use the word "rasher" ? Then what do you call a rasher of bacon ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Crow Jane posted:

This picture is one of the best things the internet has ever given me:

Apparently, this is what happens if you give women the right to vote :derp:

Free lunch ? And hot Maud and Eliza for only 15c ? I guess I'll have to pack up and move to a country where woman can vote.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I like how, instead of looking terrified, he just looks vaguely put out. "Well, I guess I won't make it to the club in time for elevenses."

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

CzarChasm posted:

OK, having a lit cigarette around something that routinely holds gasoline is stupid enough.

Who is doing small engine repair inside their bedroom?

I spy someone who's never met a South Australian.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't even the cheapest, crappiest newspapers have editors whose job is to avoid things like this ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
'Enraged' son dobs dad in for 'torching cannabis plants'
They're from Humpty Doo.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Florida Man needs a theme song.

I thought it was the duelling banjos song from Deliverance.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

artsy fartsy posted:

So what kind of animals live in toilets, anyway?

poo poo weasels.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Lord Hydronium posted:

I have a friend who's scared shitless of any kind of spider, to the extent that she freezes up and refuses to drive if one is in the car, so those spider stories weren't particularly surprising.

Then I googled huntsman spider. :stare:

Huntsmans (huntsmen ?) look scary, and their bites are very painful, but they're certainly not deadly.

Many people in Australia (myself included) will let a huntsman live in their bathroom (they really like bathrooms for some reason. Humidity, maybe ?), because they're territorial, so having 1 huntsman generally means no other spiders. And the choice between huntsman and redbacks is a pretty easy one.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Phlegmish posted:

This is some kind of crazy rear end in a top hat spider.

Just as a complete aside, one of they ways they hunt is by stringing single threads of super sticky silk between 2 horizontal surfaces (the underside of a chair and the floor, for example) and stretching them really taut. When something touches the string, it detaches from the floor and springs up into the air, so the prey gets stuck in the sticky web, suspended in the air.
Which I think is neat.

ETA: found a David Attenborough clip about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQABY9H1h1Y

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

way better, wtf

eating a live animal is way over the top

Plus, they tend to try to escape; you have to eat so quickly you're liable to get heartburn.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

So is Penis Pumps her stripper name, or ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Today I learned that Christmas goats are a thing, and also that apparently some heathens find them objectionable enough to destroy with fire.

The Finnish name for Santa Claus is literally Christmas Goat (joulu=Christmas, pukki=goat).

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

SpacePig posted:

It's Australia, though, so I think enormous spiders are just a part of everyday life over there.

Yep. If we burnt down everything that had a spider in/on/under/near it, there'd be nothing left but flames and spiders (and sharks).

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Sunswipe posted:

How is that different from Australia now?

Deadly snakes.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
"Mexico governor says Chihuahua too weak to fight cartels"

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

That's actually really neat.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Why is the nipple made out of pepperoni ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Aesop Poprock posted:

You've uh, never seen a nipple before have you champ

I have 2 of my own, strangely enough, and they don't have white spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Grilled or otherwise, cheese is a delicious invention, but it's not as addictive as crack

(Not actually a funny article.)