Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Can't get over "Youtube want to be"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Is that a screenshot from a video game ?

Also, the name Papi Punk is truly blursed.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Tobermory posted:

The grab bags come from the card manufacturer, in this case Panini. They sell their cards in very expensive blind boxes. The boxes are targeted at people who collect the cards as investments, rather than looking at them or doing whatever other things one can do with baseball cards. The supposed value of each card is based on its rarity. The 1/1 in the headline means that there was precisely one of those cards in the entire production run, making it ultra-rare and theoretically very valuable. Of course, the rarity of each card (as well as the overall supply of cards) is carefully controlled by the manufacturer to artificially inflate the values.

Well, to be fair to Panini, Babe Ruth cards with George Brett's cut signature probably are ultra-rare.

Side note: why are they bothering to cut Brett's signature ? Wiktionary says he's still alive, and presumably therefore still capable of signing baseball cards.

e: also, thanks for clarifying what the gently caress the original tweet had to do with panini; that bit was a real head-scratcher.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What the gently caress is the point of this?

Urinals at night to prevent drunk people stumbling out of bars and pissing in the street (moderately effective) without people having to look at row upon row of public urinals during the day.
I actually think it's not a bad idea, personally. But the execution (pun sort of intended) clearly needs some work.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
This feels like a "let's tell the Germans carrots are good for your eyesight so they don't know we've invented radar" type ploy, but I suspect I'm giving them too much credit.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I never had one either, but my best friends did, and I beelined to it every time I went to their house.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I'm devastated that I'll probably die before knowing the sound of 700 pounds of acorns slowly spilling out of a tiny hole in a wall.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
That sound went on much longer than I anticipated. Very satisfying.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I was impressed until I read the article. It's only 118 pages long, yet it took him 20 years.
Also, if these 118 pages contain "every living creature," the current mass extinction event is a hell of a lot worse than I thought.

Boo this man.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I've been addicted to pie for decades and my boobs have never so much as fizzled.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

My boobs propelled a steel lid to several times escape velocity

New SpaceX programme coming along well then ?

e: I shan't apologise for this snipe.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Splicer posted:

I can't believe they found three tonnes of cocaine. What does two and a half tonnes of cocaine even look like? Where do you even store two tonnes of cocaine?

In the ocean, clearly.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
^ That.
I've had the same car for 6 years; I'm pretty sure it has not changed size in that time. But I'm pretty sure I'm getting worse at parking.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Bloody hell; I just assumed it was the same case and I wasn't remembering the details correctly.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Zil posted:

Not a headline directly, but still what a ride.

This has got me very curious about how much audio-only egg-laying media exists out there. Not curious enough to google it, mind, but curious nonetheless.

e: also not curious enough to think too hard about what audio-only egg-laying media would even entail.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Feb 11, 2023

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I've never seen a sock develop a hole in that particular spot.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

"sneaks out" makes it sound like a two-animals-in-a-trenchcoat scenario, and I'm having a lot of fun imagining who the other animal was. I'm currently thinking penguin, but meerkat is also a possibility.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

The General posted:

That's not weird. Just extremely racist and xenophobic. Though I guess it's a weird self own to admit to taking the side of human traffickers over the trafficked??

Edit: Terrible snipe, and I've got no new news.

The funny is in the wording in the image: "you will be denied access to the UK's modern slavery system."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I was mixing up Jared Leto and Jay Leno, and the first headline painted a wonderful mental image.

I think this isn't the first time I've made the same mistake.