Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No, no, I don't believe this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ah, yes, the performer who had men put their faces up his rear end. That's the one. That's the guy to fix things.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

By popular demand posted:

what does Kirk Johnson have to do with all this?

I don't know, ask Secretary of the Treasury, Steve "Named After a Misspelled Pac-Man Clone Piece of Shareware" Mnuchin

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, Mnuchin's a pretty conventional Jewish surname. Yishai Menuchin is a well-known human rights activist.

I know but man you have to allow for some easy dunks on the world's villains every now and then because honestly? you think an appeal to reason gets under a monster's skin more effectively than a cheap playground shot?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Platystemon posted:

That frog is a tour de force of minimalism.

this is an absolutely s-tier avatar if you ask me

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

call center manager posted:

mods please rename me impassable fecal mass tia

e: too long, i'll settle for fecal mass

a correction was made

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

well if it had been maybe it would have found its way out a little sooner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Shifty Nipples posted:

It helps convey how hard you have to throw something to get it to space.

I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights back and started thinking about old X-Men comics, you know, as a perfectly normal brain operates, and it struck me that Sentinels - those nutty old mass-produced murder robots - were built with the ability to breach escape velocity, which I'd always thought was supposed to be a really challenging thing to do

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zedprime posted:

Missed opportunity for his late duckship.

Depends on what you're escaping from and where you're already at. Ex. It's easier to escape the sun than to visit it if you're starting at Earths surface. Just getting to orbit around the earth is colloquially halfway to anywhere because you're nearly to Earth escape velocity.

Gravity is a weak rear end force.

Funny you mention that specifically since if I'm remembering the story right (in keeping with this thread's remit as a place for weird news, naturally) the Sentinels were specifically flying into / at the Sun since they were convinced it was the cause of human mutation and oh my god I just typed that sentence.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Platystemon posted:

It’s Britney Bitch.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

What's his username

P***** ** *** ***r

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jane Cakebread: The Drunkest Woman in the World

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Serious pipe bomb? Does he strike you as seriously competent?

He clearly had a lot of experience with things blowing up in his hands.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

YOU GOT YOURSELF A STEW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Add some kidney beans and you've got yourself some chili!

I need both of you to report to the Anti-Food thread for what I feel like is going to be a very conflicted but by-the-book beating.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Am I being detained?

gently caress! This flag has a fringe on it!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

Go Roni, Go Roni, Go!
Go Roni, Go Roni, Go!

Havin' a Roni was RIGHT THERE

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

Wow, that is actually the real song title. I defer to your superior knowledge of Vanilla Ice's ouevre.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I didn't go through, in the early 2000s, an internet-enabled period of fascination with the hills and valleys of this ridiculous man and his career.

You just can't wash weapons-grade dumb like this out of your brain:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1278754479324770304

Vanilla Ice apparently never read any news in his life until now.

Vanilla Ice in that photo looks like if MacGyver had plastic surgery to try and look like Fred Durst

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

Why would Jesus steal this guys insulin? He's going into hypoglycaemic shock and Jesus is just stealing it straight outta his veins!

Insulin? No! Rad Ideas!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

do you think yoshi makes milk and if so does he have udders and if so could i squirt it onto a strudel in the shape of a swastika and if that happened what would it smell like just wondering hahaha for laughs hahaha

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Science fiction authors have predicted this day.
Just wait until someone starts marketing inexpensive humanlike dolls with a personality and the really disturbing videos will start flowing.

Ted Chiang's "The Lifecycle of Software Objects" is what you want to read.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Two for one headline special:

the ends of "meaningful work" are, ultimately, "play" and this joyless creep should be extruded through a play-doh fun factory

that disingenuous little "ummm" there at the end, boy I bet he felt real loving clever there

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sex Arse Supremo Brian

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

1 posted:

Astwomancy
_____________\________________

:golfclap:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

I saw a different ad, I guess the algorithm knows what you like

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zedprime posted:

Not a given. The human vascular system is nearly completely unsuited for microgravity.

one phone call could solve this entire problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSABauyWz0

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotBVQIJOOM

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

how about a custom Duke Nukem 3D map in which you hit the big self destruct button at the end and a bunch of appropriately-colored confetti and poo poo comes exploding out

make them work for their intrauterine gender secrets

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

"drat, those alien bastards are gonna pay for knocking up my bride!"

lmao

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I try to tailor my emails to the recipient, but always with what I think is a friendly and not insincere touch, so it burns me a little when I just get back something like

code:
Thanks
in reply. Like, at that point the lack of effort feels intended as a gently caress-you.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

doverhog posted:

I don't know what field you are in or if you are talking about work emails here, but regardless if work or personal, if I send a message like that it is never intended as a "gently caress you".

It's unsettling that someone would think that.

That's actually good to know. I can read too much into things and completely miss the mark.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

gleebster posted:

Well don't blame me, I voted for Colossus.

I see what you did and I like it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

They should have branded as Tennessee Fried Chicken from the start, so they could advertise as food made with Tender Fuckin' Care

Every thread in PYF will eventually experience its own food derail, but yeah, honestly, chain fast food in America has gotten both more expensive in the last 10 years and, in my opinion, demonstrably worse almost across the board. I think the only chain food / takeout we still regularly get and enjoy is Domino's.

I thought it would be relatively easy to find some sort of chart, or a dedicated site, that tracks the course of fast food prices, but it's not!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Burkion posted:

Frankly the staggering lack of bee human boning I felt was a gross example of false advertising

A bee boned my bottom, and now my bottom's big.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I am going to shove you both into an oven Gretel-style for discussing Donald Trump's boobs

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pole Assassin, incidentally, looks pretty much like you'd expect a stripper who owns an emotional support monkey and uses it in her act to look.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

*looks up picture*
Eh, still would

Don't post like this here.

If you meant to say "this person looks less bonkers and/or shot through with crystal meth than I imagined given the name and context," then just say that. I don't want to see you or anyone else posting the word "would" at a woman unless she's a cartoon and you're in the Cool World thread.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I wish everyone involved in this a very flushed down a giant toilet connected to the Sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

A dry christmas tree is an absolutely scary fire hazard. Back when my family still bought christmas trees they'd put a bucket of water next to them, but if you've seen how they light up you know how laughably inadequate that is.

If you aren't standing next to it when it catches fire you aren't going to put it out.

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/951854499827765248