Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop posted:

This is like the old Kings Quest "please insert disk 2" urban legend... but in someone's loving eye :barf:

What was that? Google isn't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I'm impressed that he downed that hog with a .38 revolver. Smaller hogs have been known to take a .45-70 and keep on trucking.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

syscall girl posted:

Since legalization the local news has been doing scare stories about idiots who "accidentally" munch on some and need to be hospitalized because they did not realize what they were getting in for.

Funny stuff because you know it's at most a panic-attack but they keep mis-dosing or just somehow stumbling on their friends poo poo who apparently leave it out in a candy jar? Not quite sure how that works.

Edibles can be serious poo poo. I was given one and wasn't warned not to eat the entire brownie in one sitting. I ended up throwing up within 2 hours, and the intervening time (other than the growing nausea and headaches) just gave me the disassociation that my body was moving on autopilot and my brain was 30 seconds behind. My reflexes were still good enough that I could even catch things thrown at me, but it would take a while for my mind to realize what I had done.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrossMurpel posted:

What? They clearly said it's a 40 ounce bottle shaped like a gun, not that a Colt has 40 ounces.
I thought the joke was that they thought a 40 contains wine?

The bottle isn't shaped like a gun. Colt 45 is a brand of malt liquor, and the bottle resembles the malt liquor bottle. The writer assumed that "Colt 45" was referring to a gun instead.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think he's going to try and primary Pence in 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghost in the Shell sequel looking good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've been trying "signature" burgers lately and the Whopper just tastes really generic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I thought it was fake. I'm surprised.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CellBlock posted:

Maybe it's just a weird sponsorship deal.

"THIS CRIME SCENE BROUGHT TO YOU BY WHATABURGER!"

According to the news article, the cops were worried about evidence being lost or washed away by rain after a murder before Forensics could arrive and improvised crime scene markers. There's also pics elsewhere of cops using Whataburger cups and take-out containers for the same purpose.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

John Popper was in two weird Twitter wrangles this week; the lady who tried to fake her way onto the New York Times bestseller list was a manager for Blues Traveler at one point.

It's nice to see he's lost so much weight, I guess.

Yeah, I have a Let's Read thread for it. It's hilariously awful and features things like Carrot Top and Wayne Newton appearing to cheer on the protagonist (a self-insert of the author) in her magic show.

It also has extreme levels of creep because it started as a Wattpad fanfic back in 2013 about Jackson Rathbone (who played Jasper in Twilight) falling in love with her. It turns out she was the manager for his band, 100 Monkeys, and Handbook for Mortals still has a romantic interest named Jackson who lusts over how beautiful and awesome she is.

She also managed Plain White T's at some point, and faux-Jackson Rathbone is their singer in her book universe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

He's an interesting fellow, that's for sure. Dude was a WW2 combat Ace who's legs had been amputated because of hotdogging prior to the war's outbreak. He had regrettable political views, but did much for the handcapped and disabled after the war. He also had a reputation for extremely salty language.

When he was a POW in Germany:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Bader

Even funnier to me is that his right leg got caught in the wreckage and he fell out when the straps holding it on came off, and the Germans actually gave formal approval for the British to fly over and parachute a spare leg down to him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"What the hell is this 'sustainable' and 'umami' crap? When I was your age, I ate cold $0.25 corned beef straight out of the can for every meal and I liked it!"

*grumbles about people appreciating things other than yardwork*

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Now watch this drive."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is literally a Parks & Rec episode.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Man arrested for trying to light cigarette with fuel pump nozzle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVvktwXULR4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's been reported 3 tigers loose in Florida, and nobody knows yet where they came from.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Collateral Damage posted:

Does media deliberately try to only use the worst pictures of Trump, or does he really look like that all the time?

Name one flattering picture of Donald Trump.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Judging by the number of people who can't sit through a meal, let alone a movie, without constantly checking their drat phone, I think there's a problem out there.

I check mine a lot too, but I also have no problem going hours and hours without looking at it. Some people would lose their goddamn minds after 20 minutes.

I’m sitting in that weird position where I spent my entire childhood without a smartphone and didn’t get one until I reached adulthood, so I didn’t grow up with it but I’ve had one for more of my adulthood than not.

You know what I did when I didn’t have a smartphone? I carried a book and read it when I had nothing else to do. If I didn’t have one, I would probably be incredibly bored and have no more interest in making random small talk with people or staring at the environment than I already do. If I have my phone out while eating, it’s because I can’t think of anything to talk about and I would otherwise just be eating in silence.

Now that I have a smartphone, I can spend almost all of my downtime doing something. I keep up with my friends, stay on top of the news, read books and comics, do research, etc. I always have something that I’m doing instead of remaining static.

What’s so wrong about that?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Maybe nothing. I was the same re: book and smartphone. Eating alone or on break at work or whatever? Read away. I'm talking about eating a meal with friends, family, spouse etc not randos

Even when I’m at meals with them, I use my phone when I have nothing to talk about. Sometimes I use the things I pull up on social media or the Internet to have new things to talk about, but I wouldn’t be talking more if I didn’t have it.

We tried that a few times, putting our phones away or in the center of the table for a whole meal. All that ends up happening is people sitting and eating in silence exactly as much as before, just without a scapegoat to blame.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powaqoatse posted:

Man, just throw out a current event & talk about that.

Or a movie/tv show/band, or a book you read, or A Thing You Did Recently or a crazy "what if" scenario, or idk the merits of Pascal's wager or whateverthefuck

You're welcome :tipshat:

Or we could just...not talk?

Why do I need to force conversation when nobody has any desire to talk about something?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Besesoth posted:

Yeah, I thought they were supposed to be satire, but that could never happen.

https://politics.theonion.com/trump...5520.1508595191

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Have they checked the White Hous

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlmightyBob posted:

I think the review also got the plot wrong too

Reed previously reviewed Cabin in the Woods, where he apparently didn’t actually watch the movie and lost his mind partway through.

http://observer.com/2012/04/cabin-in-the-woods-rex-reed-richard-jenkins-bradley-whitford/

quote:

It’s all part of an elaborate video game that allows paying customers to watch real people slaughtered according to the horror of choice. The five kids in the cabin are innocent pawns to test the mechanics of the game, the way fiends in a horror movie test the sounds of screaming babies as they feed them to the jaws of mutated crocodiles.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I thought this was a joke. Holy poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Magnus Praeda posted:

I gotta say, "IoT buttplug" is not a phrase I ever expected to see. So what happens when the security on your buttplug is poo poo :haw: and you end up with a botnet drone up your rear end?

Bluetooth-controlled sex toys actually have terrible security and would be really easy for a dedicated hacker to break into and turn it on overdrive mid-coitus.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wonder what would happen if you took your sex toy hunting software around the government buildings in DC.

You're watching C-SPAN and Mike Pence suddenly begins shaking and falls to the floor mid-sentence.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Good to see my own city joining the illustrious ranks of Florida Man.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bongwizzard posted:

AB owns like 100 different microbrew labels, Bud Light tastes the way it does because it sells too good to gently caress with.

At least at the level of marketing bros I have worked with, they are either actually excited about Bud Light, or are all incredible actors even when loaded.

Bud Light is popular because it’s generic and easy to drink. It doesn’t strongly taste of anything, so you can pound it back endlessly.

There’s definitely some nasty macro lagers though. The worst cheap beer I ever had was Sapporo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kupachek posted:

I think I understand his reaction.

I have no idea what to think after seeing these for the first time. Honestly some mild confusion has occurred.

Dippin' Dots have been around since the 90s and are really common. I'd be legitimately surprised if someone hasn't heard of them by now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kupachek posted:

I honestly hadn't.
So is it nothing more than prilled icrecream?

Sort of? They're flash frozen with liquid nitrogen in sphere form, but they still melt like any other ice cream after it's served. They're pretty easy to eat because you can take big scoops with a spoon.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kupachek posted:

Bizarre.

I'll have to try to find some and try it out.

If you're in America, chances are literally any mall around you has them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

yeah and it makes zero sense. you can search twitter for
code:
and see for yourself

I didn't even know who this dumdum was until relatively recently but he's been getting mad about Dippin' Dots since eight years ago

We really need to keep reminding ourselves that the first Press Secretary for Trump was a guy who publicly feuded with Dippin' Dots for years for no apparent reason and once fled into bushes to avoid reporters.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can't find any source on that, but I did find this dude handing out cum yogurt.

Also confirmation on whether the witness spits or swallows because she recognized the taste.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Russian Iron Man: Russia's Special Forces soldier and Kosovo war veteran fights debt collectors wearing exoskeleton, gets pardoned

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

"SOBR Special Forces"? :raise:

Sobriety is the scariest thing in Russia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dienes posted:

I can't seem to find an actual article about this, just websites sharing that same image. Got a link?

I've seen pics like that before. From what I can see, if it's just a picture but no article it's fake.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unfortunately a picture was posted, and it's an airsoft grenade launcher. You can tell because the grenade (along with looking only vaguely like a real 40mm grenade) has holes in the end for BBs to spray out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

Let's remember that birds can be goons too.

quote:

When the three birds first arrived Bell told the New Zealand Press Reader that Nigel “may be a weirdo” and that the other birds probably didn’t want to have anything to do with him.

“He definitely has some sort of fetish,” Bell said of Nigel’s futile attempt to woo his concrete partner. “It’s tragic.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mix them together in honor of The Room and its scotchka, a third example of a bizarre goon.