Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
3 - 5 slices of ham a day for 8 years. Should have eaten more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I love hearing about Jerry Adams because it always reminds me of this tweet.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Azathoth posted:

Little known fact, more than 75% of pigeons in New York City can be traced genetically to the pigeon works there. It's said that prior to the Civil War, they could smelt up to 50,000 pigeons an hour, but they never recovered from the destruction of Schofield's siege.

It's also where the FBI was founded. Originally it was set up as a task force to find out how to recover from the destruction and called the Flying Bird (what they used to call pigeons in the South) Investigation. While it was unsuccessful in it's original role the framework was used to build what we all know and love today as the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

:bernchloe:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Besesoth posted:

I've never had a single delivery business ask for the CVC over the phone. They don't need it if they're using a standard system and aren't supposed to ask for it.

It's the cam sites that should have needed the CVC and that shouldn't have been gotten from phone ordered wings. Thus making the story that he must have memorised it after hearing him order wings so many times is implausible.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing posted:

I'm wondering if this is viral marketing for something, because this looks exactly like David Schwimmer.

https://i.imgur.com/HR6OLOJ.mp4

I'm not seeing it

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
That's $355 per pair of pants. Lululemon isn't that expensive. This has to be some sort of drug reporting price markup business.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

No jury in the world would convict him.

[spoiler]They do[\spoiler]

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

The only thing strange about this is that people reported him to the police :australia:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Drama Surrounding Bunnings' Sausages

I don't know if it's mistake by the article's author or if there are actually some weirdos who call a sausage in bread a "sausage sizzle", because I've never heard that. The event at which the sausages are sold is a sausage sizzle, the product itself is just a sausage in bread. :argh:

Wars have been started over regional names for sausage sangas.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

GrossMurpel posted:

No one has ever suggested that a fat person should stop literally intaking any food until they become thin.

:wrong:

In 1965 a man suggested he do this to himself. He dropped from 486 lbs to 180 lbs.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
For those of us who don't know what DMSO is this is what Wikipedia has to say

quote:

Use of DMSO in medicine dates from around 1963, when an Oregon Health & Science University Medical School team, headed by Stanley Jacob, discovered it could penetrate the skin and other membranes without damaging them and could carry other compounds into a biological system.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Terminally woke person: Furries are people too

Furries: No we're not!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

mrkillboy posted:

Ridiculous event planned to protest Bunnings’ sausage sizzle change

The headline they used on their news feed just gets straight to the point though

The dumbest thing to protest being protested in the dumbest way possible :australia:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

rodbeard posted:

Why are people buying sausage at a hardware store and why is it served on supermarket white bread?

Wait till you find out about voting in Australia.

ne: Democracy Sausage Wikipedia link

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Scathach posted:

So uh...what's stopping me from picking the robot up and moving it a space over? And what if someone parks in your spot after payment and before deployment?

As if people are going to pick it up.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand posted:

Being brought down by depraved Chinese women is how I want to die.

Unfortunately we have you down as it being anime nazis instead. Sorry about that.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Guess my brain cells are dying, because I read “Karate Beckinsale.”

That's not really any less stupid than what is written there.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

The actual takeaway from this was kill all Christians but the ginger fuhrer was too stupid to see that too.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

We don't put strawberries on ham sandwiches. Not the least of which because you wouldn't serve needles to your customers.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

What do they think hazing is? How could that be anything else?

Hazing being an initiation thing forced on people.

From the sounds of it the kids were most likely doing some stupid dare type activity rather than a forced hazing ritual. Never discount what sort of stupid people will get up to for a dare / peer recognition.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

I'm sorry, Shadow Culture and the Arts Minister? Is this Museum in Hogwarts?

Shadow is the term for opposition minister. You have the elected offical who is the minister for arts and then an elected member of the opposition is given the portfolio to stay abreast of everything that is going on in that ministry as well.

Basically it's the opposition trying to stir up a culture war to win the homophobic vote.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Jesus christ

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1075521435358105601

I think 1 million for 17 years seems small.

$60k / year for losing 20% of your life is a joke.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It's the jury not giving a poo poo about his alibi that is the real messed up part. Dude spent 19 years behind bars because a jury went 'coloured and criminal, we don't give a poo poo about the fact it couldn't be you. Off to prison'

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

GrossMurpel posted:

What, like in the same time it took him to reach 101 with Coors? That sounds horrible.

What, you've never heard of someone living a double life before?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Lot of goons showing they've been denied entry to places for looking like goons.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
No one ever remembers the bunyip. Poor forgotten bunyip.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

:yeshaha:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ahahaha, another instant classic from the team at Clickhole.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Slippery posted:

Gotta solve the double dating problem first, then implement secure nuptial contracts

God those jokes sucked someone get me rewrite

Too late, they're on the blockchain now so unless you have 51% of the computing power there is no going back.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Osteoporosis is a milk-drinking country problem, but research is still incomplete. There is also this: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-drinking-too-much-milk-make-your-bones-more-brittle/

Dude is still nuts, though

You can't talk about him without posting his first viral stupidity. Like that lady with the nephew ARMY who died three times to tunnels on the USA / Mexico border this was very funny until you realised it wasn't a joke.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

This is supposed to be paleo?

How did cavepeople have the trade networks to get all these exotic foods? :thunk:

Pete Evans is a gibbering moron. There is nothing about him or his life that isn't absolute wank. Anything that he can do to push his stupid ideas and sell books he will do. As was posted earlier this includes promoting staring directly at the sun with no eye protection to promote 'good health.'

Whether he always got high on his own supply or if he just lived the lie so long that it become true is up to the reader to guess but this guy is one of the most poisonous people in existence - all dressed up as a trendy chef.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Smash Mouth did it better

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Knormal posted:

Sadly lacking in pictures or video.

At least she's living her best life. Shine on lady, not everyone can be as baller as you.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Congratulations on getting a date OP.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Boy opens message in bottle on beach but finds note from men 'out our nuts on cocaine'

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Even if you wanted to make this stupid point why would you use real explosives. Accidentally setting it off is always going to be a risk (even if minute).

Even if the point you were making was a valid one, it being a live bomb doesn't actually help prove your point any better than a fake one does.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The statement from the police seems to confirm that the guy was right about people not paying attention to what's going on around them. I mean, yeah, he should still be charged, but he wasn't wrong. He just proved his point in a stupid and dangerous way.

Just draw a comic with everyone staring at their phones like every other hack who wants to make this point.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Dylan16807 posted:

What does "openly building a bomb" look like? All you need to do is splice a couple wires and put your phone/stopwatch next to some explosives. It looks like any other "guy poking a circuit", and 99% of people with actual intent to bomb would do that part at home. It's a nonsense threat model, and it doesn't prove that people are too lax since false alerts have their own cost too.

It's not a false alert if it's a real bomb rollsafe.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Dachshundofdoom posted:

CDC warns Americans not to kiss their hedgehogs

If you're going to gently caress spiders, fine, but please at least stop trying to kiss Sonic.