Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Say Nothing posted:

Today's news.

I remember seeing this years ago, definitely over a decade ago, and just recently it came up in conversation with someone who said a movie had been made based on this want ad. He couldn't remember the name of the film, and neither of us could remember the full text of the ad and were apparently too drunk to figure out what combination of words to use to google it, so I never did find out what it was called. Turns out its called Safety Not Guaranteed and it looks like it might actually be a pretty good movie. So thank you :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Static! posted:

Probably a repost but a favourite from my home country:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/man-who-tried-to-turn-his-faeces-into-gold-is-jailed-28671404.html

Man who tried to turn his faeces into gold is jailed. Judge said it was an interesting experiment but doomed to failure.

I envy this dude. No matter how high I've been, I never watched The Holy Mountain and thought "huh I should try this out"