Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Jez" or "Jezza" is often a shortened form of "Jeremy" (e.g. Jeremy Clarkson is colloquially known as "Jezza"), sort of like "Gaz", "Gazza" or sometimes "Gal" for "Gary".

What is the deal with the UK making crazy shortened versions of words. Seeing "christmas presents" shortened to "crimbo pressies" is.... is ...... :barf:.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Please change thread title to The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Man Killed To Death - WITH COOKIES!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
She probably one of those types that has to let everyone within earshot know that "I just haven't eaten in 3 WHOLE HOURS, and I'm feeling lightheaded. It's probably my bloodsugar/electrolytes/midiclorians."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Alouicious posted:

I, also, make judgments about people based on one news headline.

Your allowed to do that when they go missing for 12 hours and decide that they were going to die unless they drank they own titty juice.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Maybe she was just really efficient and set up a robocall system.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Might help if he didn't look like he just got sorted into Slytherin

Are we sure his dad isn't Frank Zappa?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nastyman posted:

I for one welcome our new arachnid overlords.

BOO THIS MAN!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dienes posted:

I remember hearing it is missing a lot of common items and objects, so instead of 'table' you had to say something like 'flat thing for putting upon.'

Isn't that basically how some actual languages work?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

syscall girl posted:

No one has said it yet so here goes. "air conditioner" is a two word phrase to describe something that is less succinct and descriptive than "cold machine."

Something like "washing cat" for raccoon or "electric brain" for computer are funny but "air conditioner" is actually kind of archaic and stupid.

In what way is the air being conditioned? It's only because we all use that term and don't even think about it that "cold machine" sounds odd to us.

Yeah, but cold machine is no better. Does it make the air cold? Or does it make water cold so it forms ice? Or is it for making food cold?

All words or terms are subjective, since unless you want to name everything with an overly descriptive sentence, they all have a meaning which is partiallty descriptive and partially interpretive.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Only the coolest moms go with their sons to EVO.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Four times in ten days?

Sounds like he came dead last in that "marathon".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The preferable nomenclature in the US is "Bacon me, BITCH!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BgRdMchne posted:

What's wrong with the Canadians? Bacon is supposed to come from the back or belly where all the fat is, not the loin which has too much lean.

Nobody in Canada actually eats that stuff.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RandomFerret posted:

You know those stories where a little old lady lifts up a car because her grandkids are trapped under it?

Considering we live in the age of cameras everywhere, and seemingly no one has ever captured this happening and posted it on Youtube, this has probably never actually happened and is just a "story".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snapchat A Titty posted:

First Law of Self-driving Cars: Ram everything
Second law of Selfdriving cars: Ram what hasnt't been rammed.
Third law of selfdriving cars: Smooth driving.

No no no. The three laws of robotomobiles are:

1.) Find a Farmers Market
2.) Run over several fat women
3.) Play recording of "I thought I was hitting the brake." when police arrive

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Definitely sounds like a problemattic issue.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"For the second time in a week, the US throws out a billion dollars that probably could've gone to much better use."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Trent posted:

Where does one apply

Around back.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bill Cosby?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You boneheads.

If we don't have sex with monkeys, how do you expect to get AIDS-2 happening?!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'm sure there was a lot of monkey eating going on at the jungle brothel.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sakurazuka posted:

I though shark skin was so abrasive it'd be like petting sandpaper, or does that vary between species?

It varies, but it's not like it's painful generally. It would only really affect you if a shark whipped past you fast and you were up against it's skin.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snapchat A Titty posted:

theres no way any of those inch marks match up to actual inches

Any other science you want to drop on us, Mr. Wizard?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think when they say "Almost human with it's warm eyes.", it means it will pluck your bloody, still-warm eyes from your skull in a fit of banana-madness.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phlegmish posted:

I was so sure this was going to be in the US

You too, Canada?

Canada has it's own "The South/Florida". It's Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.

Dollars to donuts the people involved in this were originally from one of those provinces.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Please don't doxx the court case about my golden cock.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

IamnotJoe posted:

... are we sure we want to go down that rabbit hole?

:downsrim:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Robiben posted:

That news site is pretty good.

I'd believe those fucken polls. More than a few people I've talked to are completely convinced ghosts are real.

The frustrating thing is their "evidence" is so flimsy it's laughable. It's not like they're full on "I talked to a ghost and it told me about things from my future, and they came true!" It's always "I was half asleep in bed and I think it was sort of dark in the corner of my room, therefore ghosts are 100% real." Like, it's dumb enough you're even putting stock in the concept of ghosts, but even then your evidence is a loving shadow? At night? WHILE YOU WERE HALF ASLEEP?!?

Man, I was at 7-11, and this guy coughed weird and it sort of sounded like a growl, therefore he must've actually been Bigfoot. Yep, samskwatches are real now guys. They really like Big Bite Hotdogs and grape Slurpees.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Murphy Brownback posted:

Bigfoot believers are even worse because 90% of the time all the evidence they have is hearing a banging noise in the woods or found a tuft of hair on a tree once. The other 10% who think they saw one are lying or saw a bear or something.

I always imagined on those "Bigfoot Hunter" TV shows, when the hunters make a hooting sound and get a response from "bigfoot" in the distance, it's actually just another crew from a competing bigfoot TV show filming a mile away responding to the call.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

dobbymoodge posted:

It's happened in a couple other places in NC and SC at least, and it always seems to be in poor posts of town.

Maybe it was a leprechaun.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, virgin at 18 isn't as weird as virgin at 34, but it's still pretty weird.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
He's the man, the man with the Tight-rear end touch.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Oh, oh thank god!

For second there I thought musicians were starting to fall in with the fringe element.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

What is that thing anyway, some kind of . . . large soda??

It's a liter of cola.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think you'll find it's actually a Muppet Pastor defense.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Every man in america wishes they could be in that chicken-coma right now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The next law they're going to pass is abolishing International Womens Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That's one sexy reast.